What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

flying from Ishigaki to Haneda in the A321 mod for the first time. Compatibility is AOK, but it seems I have a sunroof

After few shorter flights in Poland, I decided to take a longer flight. I’ve taken two passengers and 200-something units of… shampoo, and I’m in the middle of a trip from EPRU (Częstochowa-Rudniki) to LFPG (Paris).

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know my special delivery is on the way. My hair has been a real mess since I ran out of my favourite shampoo.
Please check that the delivery note states that I am staying at the Le Ritz, Suite Impériale. No need to knock, the door is unlocked.

3 Likes

Learned about flightsim.to - updated some Greek sights, downloaded the Grravel and the Savage Carbon from Got Gravel - and had some fun :smiley:

3 Likes

On the way from LMFN to EDDF

1 Like

Blew up! CRJ 700! That nasty little thing of hitting over speed warning. Three ticks and BLAMO! Sorry folks

2 Likes

That grravel is fantastic…can land on just about anything at such low speeds. Great visibility and fast take off. Easy to see why it’s so popular as a mod. Good for FPS too especially in VR with steam gauges.

1 Like

I thought I’d try ridge soaring on the Rock of Gibraltar today, as the weather looked good. The launch didn’t go exactly as planned… :open_mouth:

5 Likes

First, flew a sunrise trip over Uluru.

Then, after breky, landed in the middle of a typical morning thunderstorm at Cairns (YBCS). Exhilarating!

3 Likes

Started it and the figured why go through the heart ache.

Block Island to Newport State, caught some Sailing Racers in Newport Bay and a Dusk Recovery at Montauk Point.

2 Likes

1 Like

I flew my USN Grumman PBY to help free the Ever Given from the Grip of the Suez Canal!

2 Likes

Disappointed with the A330 mcdu failure in the climb, so I restarted with a simpler flight in the TBM from San Diego to Portland. Gorgeous work on Portland, I remember how long it took in FSX for anyone to make an airport there. Of course, I remember the actual airport well when two L-1011 flights to and from Nagoya from LA, and another one in DAL’s MD-11, back in the early 90s. Looks so good in MSFS 2020. Miss those planes. Hear me Captain Sim?

bad day for watching ship traffic in the Channel Islands area

2 Likes

Today I continued my “when games collide” Bush Trip by taking the G-91 and MB339 into the mountains from Colorado Springs to check out the real world locations of the opening chapter of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Screenies from this and the Fallout 4 Massachusetts Bush trip yet to be edited. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Island hopped around the Philippines in the 152, watched sunrise from Antarctica, and also explored around small towns in Texas and Wisconsin looking for schools I went to as a kid and trying to land as close as possible in a variety of bush and/or light-sport planes. The Rotax 915 modified version of the JMB VL3 is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I’m also trying to get used to the Shock Ultra, Savage Carbon, and Zenith CH701.

1 Like

1 Like

I tried to fly the Spitfire from near home here in Tasmania out to some scenic spots in VR, with my Reverb G2 headset and an AMD Radeon 6800XT GPU. Needless to say, it crashed to desktop when I pulled a vertical climb from tree top height into an intended Immelmann. Tried the same in 2D and it almost crashed to desktop, but after a 30 second pause, recovered. Closed the sim and read a book.

I tortured the Dreamliner, stress damage off, full speed it flaps its wings like a bird.

It was surprisingly easy to land at Toronto city airport, handles well at low speed, good brakes and reverse thrust. VFR landing again as I can’t figure out all the instruments, so many screens and no one with a decent map (o clue how to get the map up)

I turned AP off after it just kept turning left when switching to heading mode, ignoring the heading bug. I’m pretty sure I got that part right, bug and direction displayed on screen, heading mode active, plane just ignores it and keeps on turning, odd.

1 Like

Ride that plane, Hoss!