What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Finally I was able to fly in morning French time. On weekdays I can fly only afternoons European time. But summer heat causes stronger winds in afternoon. And I had to wait for morning time, when it’s not so hot and wind is calm. And today was that day.
After failure last weekend to land at LFPS I checked few IRL videos and I saw that windsock didn’t move in those videos. So I decided that I have to wait for calm winds to continue with French bushtrip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather. And it was game changer. Much simpler to keep stable approach.
Today I finished 3 legs LFMR :airplane: LFPS :airplane: LFHU :airplane: LFLJ
Already departure indicated smooth flight without turbulence. At LFPS I overflew the airport to check the winds. And then continued in circuit. At first approach I was too high, so I had to go around. I realized the circuit is tighter than usual, because of mountains, so I flew downwind at lower altitude. Then I did 3 successful landings. I had to push breaks really hard to stop at the top of the hill first 2 times, but 3rd landing was perfect.
Then I continued to LFHU and LFLJ. At both airports I did go-arounds, because I was too high. Well, there is no option for go-around at LFLJ, I just aborted very early. At second landing I realized I was missing that energy. I almost stopped at the runway before climbing to the top.

And at last I had brunch with a nice view.

17 Likes