What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Started learning Spad.NeXt and how it works with MSFS to automatically load profiles for whichever plane I choose to fly. Create one blank ‘Spad Alpha’ profile in MSFS, load a plane into the hanger, go to Spad and configure the profile for that plane. Load a different plane, configure in Spad. When you go back to the first plane, Spad knows it, and loads the correct controls profile. Voila! No more creating multiple control profiles in MSFS for different planes. Pretty cool. I did map some generic controls in the MSFS profile (aileron, elevator, and cockpit/external views.) But all the swiches, engine management, flaps, gear controls are done in Spad. Same with the Bravo.

I’ve been pretty slow learning Spad, as I encounter a lot of “Why the heck isn’t that working?” moments, and feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of what it can do. And I’ve been spending WAY more time lately with my plane on the parking ramp, switching back and forth from the cockpit to Spad as I configure buttons.

As I gain more programming ability I’ll fly more, I just know it… :laughing:

2 Likes

Today is the 20th day of my world tour in the Grumman Goose. The day started off misty at Fenlands Aerodrome. There was low cloud and rain off and on during the trip. I flew past Blenheim Palace (modeled in World Update III) at around 3,000 feet and saw a lovely double rainbow over the Vale of the White Horse.

I didn’t see the Uffington White horse itself (although it in the vanilla version of the sim), as it was too cloudy. Had to get below 2,000 feet to see Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral (both of which are modeled in World Update III).

After that, the weather cleared up and I saw the Eden Project (modeled in World Update III) before landing at Newquay (St. Mawgan) Airport.

This world tour is focused on the Wonders of the World that can be seen from the air. I’ve chosen…

7 Regions of Wonder (Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Hạ Long Bay, Mount Kilimanjaro, Okavango Delta, Wulingyuan, Yellowstone)

7 Natural Wonders (Angel Falls, Aurora Borealis, Iguazu Falls, Milford Sound, Mount Everest, Rio de Janeiro Harbor, Victoria Falls)

7 Ancient Wonders (Acropolis, Chichen Itza, Colosseum, Great Pyramid of Giza, Hagia Sophia, Petra, Stonehenge)

7 Architectural Wonders (Alhambra, Angkor Wat, The Forbidden City, The Great Wall of China, Machu Picchu, Taj Mahal, Sagrada Familia)

7 Industrial Wonders (Brooklyn Bridge, Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building, Golden Gate Bridge, Hoover Dam, Itaipú Dam, Panama Canal).

Today I flew over the first of them: STONEHENGE!

A few of these aren’t in the sim yet (Angel Falls, Wulingyuan, Aurora Borealis, etc.), but I’m hoping they are added (either in a World Update or in a 3rd party mod) before I get to them.

15 Likes

I went for a trip up the Solent. Started at the Needles lighthouse.

Saw a Royal Navy ship cruising past, couldn’t resist so I landed on its aft deck while it was moving, that was fun. So much fun I forgot to take a photo!

Then I saw an RNLI lifeboat.

Next I flew over Yarmouth to Cowes and saw the ferry leaving.

I then headed north and saw this curious yacht race. It was curious because the boats are all flying the kites on the port gybe but one boat was going in exactly the opposite direction to the others.

Next I did a low pass over this container ship heading up the Solent.

I took a short diversion up the Hamble. It would have been a long diversion had I stopped to count the yachts which stretched the whole way along.

I then flew over the port, so many containers.

Went for a quick visit to the uni.

And best way to end a Friday night? No contest.

I got there at just the right time, but it turns out my watch is in the wrong timezone so I didn’t get to hear Derek play this time.

14 Likes

Today ive made a video of using 2 pc 2 licence of msfs and connect to wideview
The video can be found in home cockpit builder section
And some compar 1 screen to 7 screen setup in the same location NZ with your controls shared cockpit here are some result

The last 2 are mixture

And drone view

6 Likes

went back to air hauler 2 solding my C152 to lease a C172 so I started my day with a type rating flight
if we omit the fact I forgot the landing light and probably I could have been more kind in altitude & speed management … well it was my 2nd time in this gauge version :innocent:

then I kept progressing in my Lidl tour, reaching michigan ! I turned on my landing lights this time ! but l m pretty sure with that livery it s not necessary :yum:

5 Likes

Bought the Astro One yesterday (GotFriends) and spent today getting to know it. This is a drone essentially, much much easier to fly than a helicopter and with the vision of the latter.
Xbox controller didn’t work out as I wanted so ended up setting it up on the Velocity One Flightstick, which is perfect.

Essential to read the short user manual first, and to adapt the joystick. Then off you go.

Last saw ‘Bloomfield Rd’ about 45 yrs ago, I think we got a 1-1

Four modes other than normal:
Boost : gives a short performance boost to rpm
Sport: 2x yaw, pitch and roll rates + acrobatics:

Hover mode: assists with hover, stopping any drift
Terrain: locks in an altitude to fly at between 5’ and 55’ meaning you can zip along at 65 knots 10’ above the ground using the ‘Lidar’ to maintain that altitude throughout.

The Astro One will probably be amazing in VR

It also comes with what looks like an excellent night time race track, you’d have to watch their official trailer for that.

5 Likes

Flight from Athens to Pathos in the C700. Managed a good landing and taxied to parking. Shutdown and an over friendly passenger bus arrived

4 Likes

Naypyitaw Intl (VYNT) to Dawei (VYDW) on the round-the-world tour:

7 Likes

LFBD-KSEA in an attempt to complete the Frequent Flier Miles achievement.
Flight map

Departing from LFBD

At Ireland

North Atlantic Ocean

Greenland

Northern Canada

Descending into clouds

Approaching KSEA

Parked at gate

13 Likes

And? Did you get it?

1 Like

I was flying around Washington DC in the mini-500 enjoying the architecture up close and personal.

I landed in front of the Washington Monument.

I then got out on foot to explore, I went inside and had a look around.

I then caught the working elevator up to the top and looked out of the viewing windows.

The view was real. I’m sure of it.

The whole time I listened to the commentary on the speakers and learnt about the memorial.

I decided to walk down the stairs. That took a long time!

Forget walking round airport interiors, I find that just about as interesting as it is in real life. (Hint: I don’t walk around airports in real life unless I need to catch an aeroplane.)

I’ve discovered a new kind of scenery I want to buy. I really want fully modelled museum interiors to walk around. I want location sensitive commentary, and readable information plaques. There are several museums I can think of I’m prepared to buy right now, how long till we can get this on the marketplace?

(For anyone that wants to visit the monument, I’ve since realised that this is part of Drzewiecki’s Washington landmarks pack, and the default Asobo monument is only the exterior.)

14 Likes

Nope, as well as three bush trip related achievements, maybe because my achievement system is bugged or something.

1 Like

Today I flew out of Newquay St. Mawgan, across the Channel, past Roches-Douvres Light…

Mont Saint Michel…

Chartres Cathedral…

the Chateau de Maintenon…

then into Paris and past the Eiffel Tower…

and Notre Dame de Paris.

Bit of a sticky landing at Episy, as the Goose tends to float for a while if you don’t get her on the grass at the start of the airstrip. Got tangled in some brush at the far end of the field, but no serious damage.

11 Likes

is that the DRZ DC?

1 Like

I’m planning to do a flight from Auckland - Queenstown on Air NewZeland 777-300er.

2 Likes

Saturday flight:

Delta Air Lines A320 from Charlotte Douglas (KCLT) to Dallas Love Field (KDAL)

7 Likes

Two flights today, but I planned to fly only once! I tried again to live stream my flight, but this time with my VR headset. It was fun: an aerobatics training flight over the “Ore Road” at Almirante Tamandaré (Paraná, Brazil). Very fun, but in the first flight – after a failed stall recovery and crash – I realized that I forgot to activate the VR capture at OBS.

I took off again from Bacacheri Airport (SBBI) and flew better this time, and did what I knew how to do and returned safely. But, this time, I forgot to record the flight path with Sky Dolly! :sweat_smile: I give you then some external images of the first flight, internal from the last and the video:

Looping.

1/2 Cuban Eight

Hammerhead

Spin

Hammerhead

6 Likes

Thank goodness for the airbrakes deployable at any speed, because it is indeed slick on approach.

11 Likes

Mountain-to-mountain: took a quick hop from Mt St Helens near Portland to Mt Shasta in California in IndiaFoxtEcho’s excellent M-346:

St Helens

Shasta

10 Likes

The morning flight from Lubeck (EDHL) :de: to Warsaw (EPMO) :poland:

13 Likes