What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

JPL C152, KNRS → F70. Navigated using MZB 117.8, GPS, and a custom waypoint based on ICRQ 108.7 (which turned out to be exactly on top of an existing waypoint 8 nm at 80 degrees). Something about this plane always makes me want to hop in and go for a ride!!

8 Likes

Finally, a suitable replacement for the fictional G3X MFD in the RV-10. And the 430 is also working, so Bonus! Test hop from Kai Tak to Macau.

9 Likes

When you don’t care about gas, you just want to go fast. 183 knots on the dial, 219 knots GS at 12,000’.

9 Likes

Göteborg (ESGG) to Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA) in the HondaJet

I couldn’t resist Sweden control being online on a weekday morning :wink: Of course it also meant that there was very little traffic, but “very little” is infinitely better than none, especially with ATC online.

Arlanda looks like a treat, my bet it was part of some world update, it’s definitely not auto generated.

Full video here:

8 Likes

Which aircraft is this?  It looks interesting.

1 Like

It’s the Honda HA420 HondaJet

I really love it. The view is not that nice as the Cirrus VisionJet, but has proper jet performance, you don’t get detoured to make way for the faster ones. Also in my opinion the G3000 is better in this aircraft.

1 Like

The big problem I have with the “big” jets (as opposed to smaller GA aircraft with a six-pack), is the shear number of things you are expected to do.

There’s all the screens, the FMC, communicating with ATC, actually flying the plane, figuring out where you are, and the thousand-and-one other things you need to do to successfully fly the aircraft.

I cannot imagine how a single individual can hope to fly one of the commercial airliners as, (IMHO), the workload flying a tiny GA aircraft like the Cessna, Diamond, (etc.), overwhelms me.

[Shaking head in wonder]

2 Likes

I really want them to do a full native shared cockpit feature for multiplayer. Flying an airliner with a pilot and co-pilot (or the old ones with a third player as flight engineer!) would be a fun way to spend an afternoon chatting and flying with your friends. :smiley:

1 Like

Flew with two friends in one plane to Frankfurt, on vatsim. Very nice to do with shared cockpit (yourcontrols). One person did the flying, I managed the communication with atc and the third person was the passenger who had a great time taking beautiful pics and video clips :slight_smile:

It’s so nice that this is possible now in the sim, really impressed with how well it all works together.

9 Likes

I purchased a PMDG 737-7 yesterday and made my first flight today :slight_smile: (I have only flown GA before, this is my first flight in such a large aircraft).

The route in Spain :es: , Santander (LEXJ) to Malaga (LEMG).

Definitely feel the difference between small aircraft like Hjet or VisionJet :slight_smile:

I fell in love all over again with this simulator :smiley: At first I was terrified by the amount of switches, lights and all the rest in the 737, but it was enough to spend 2-3 hours learning and you can fly without any distractions or worries.

Greetings to all!

20 Likes

If you have questions to others about posts in this topic, please use this topic:

6 Likes

Couldn’t resist, for £4 I bought the Gee Bee R3 from GotFriends. What a blast.
Not a plane to go on a long sight seeing tour, but 15-20 mins of pure fun with acrobatics occasionally, this is it. Plane runs on rocket fuel as opposed to aviation gas, so hits 200 knots……quick!
Even looks like a rocket:

Thought I’d try the upside down flying as in Top Gun….didn’t end well.

Well pleased with this for the price (sale ends tomorrow I think).
This should be soooo good in VR. Don’t eat first though, not sure you get the bag in the headset.

Got the ‘Lake Skipper’ whilst I was feeling generous….oh yeah, forgot, that one was free!

7 Likes

Visiting four NY airports: Starting at KJFK (love the trains in the new Inibuilds DLC):

Patrolling the “coast” of the TWA hotel rooftop pool making sure everything is safe:

Overall: great new DLC!

Next stop: KLGA. No rooftop pool here …

thus continuing over the East River …

and back over Broadway. Note to self: Buy tickets for the Lion King …

Next stop: KTEB. No hotel here, …

so next hop to KEWR. Nice hotel, but no pool either:

So let’s find a nice spot to land:

Great DLCs overall, but Inibuild’s KJFK is top of the crop. Might come back with the new Astro ONE in a few days :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Just bought it, test flying it tomorrow.

1 Like

First flight in the Maule, not the best weather in my region:

9 Likes

Some flight training in the Gee Bee R-2:

7 Likes
6 Likes

Thursday flight:

Delta Air Lines A320 from Boston-Logan (KBOS) to Charlotte Douglas (KCLT)

11 Likes

Your screens and graphics are always so enjoyable to look at. Thank you for sharing.

6 Likes

Another 737 journey, from rainy Turin :it: to Krakow :poland: .

Beautiful views over Austria :austria:

13 Likes