What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

You had some pretty close traffic there…

1 Like

CowanSim AS350B3E around (CYVR) Vancouver, BC. The Golden Age of flight Sims. If, I may say so.

8 Likes

Romania flight

12 Likes

That was my add-on, Traffic in Sight, supposedly has collision boxes enabled, but I’ve never tested it.

2 Likes

Subscribed. Cheers!

2 Likes

Trying out the Fenix. Loving it so far…

Cheers,
Nish

9 Likes

Hear hear! It just gets better and better!

2 Likes

I decided to see the loading screen for myself:

Since I did not make a record of it I managed to pull off a fine landing on the centerline :sweat_smile: Typical…

3 Likes

One flight today, Leipzig-Halle, Germany (EDDP) to Dubrovnik, Croatia (LDDU).

2 Likes

Continued from my vfr cost-to-coast flight in the Blacksquare Analog Caravan.
After arriving at the Pacific at Astoria in Oregon, I took northwards in a short hop to Orcas Island. From there I took a longer hop and took the 550nm to Ketchikan in south Alaska in one leg.

Shortly after leaving Orcas Island. Vancouver Island to my left. Still with pretty good weather.

The screenshot shows me overflying Prince Rupert some 100nm south of Ketchikan with landing traffic in sight. Weather was pretty close and forced me to decend from 12k to 6k feet along the way in order to stay below the cloud deck.

The plan is to fly the Caravan further up north into the Alaskan backcountry for the summer months.

7 Likes

40 minutes of recording, found out it was the wrong screen, did it all over again :rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Flew the CRJ 700 from Orlando to Charlotte retuning to my hq2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Testing the updates on the ATR for a test flight over Mumbai…

Cheers,
Nick

8 Likes

I took a 6:00am flight KMQY KTYS in the C172.

As Real as it Gets ™️ ACHIEVED!

Motion simulator powered up.
Buttkicker, ON.
VR engaged.
Hot cup of coffee at my side.
Noted kneeboard strapped to my thigh.
PDF Viewer displaying my custom checklist in-sim.
Yoke-mounted ForeFlight Synced, DIR KTYS programmed.
GPS & frequencies tuned on my RealSimGear 530&430.
Weather obtained.
LiveATC.net playing appropriate frequencies in the background.
Heading bug set via physical knob. (Yes, I can find all the buttons with my headset on!)
Taxi & Departure granted.
Cruise established.
Knoxville WX and expected runway noted.

Looking out the window & seeing the Kingston stacks (pic attached) at dawn…

Bliss.

9 Likes

Trying the A318. I quite like it.

7 Likes

On the AAU2 beta so obviously I had to fly the 747. I’ve never flown a Boeing before, the previous level of realism for the default plane put me off. This is now much better I think.

I flew from EGLL Heathrow to LEBL Barcelona El Prat. Not many pics because I was fully occupied trying to figure out how to work it using just the built in checklist.

The checklist was missing the steps to align IRS but I fiddled around and tried to do it anyway. I didn’t make it work though. I was also running to a deadline so I ended up taking off without the PFD working. The backup attitude indicator display worked so I used that instead.

I think I’ve got it figured out from a YouTube video during cruise, will find out next time.

7 Likes

Another flight around Okayama. Really impressed by that VFR objects add-on.

6 Likes

Australian outback - early morning flight: Taking off from YAYE (Ayers Rock/Connellan)

Short detour to Uluru

and then enjoying the great, vast landscape:

Passing Pine Gap (might try to sneak in with the Astro ONE tomorrow :wink:)

and approaching YBAS (Alice Springs)

Nice new DLC of YBAS by Impulse Simulations:

8 Likes

It was time to try a London City landing again, this time from Cologne:

Cologne airport, is weird, or more like creepy as hell:

A little slew mode helped to leave the petrified airliner crypts and off I was towards London.

Maybe that rainbow is a good omen and I will land okay this time?

As usual I got vectored past of the first half of the initial approach and was told to go heading 060 to establish on the ILS from ODLEG, but by the time I did capture it I was way above the glidepath. I received clearance to land, so I thought I salvage it, turned all automations off, pulled the thrust to idle and went for a dive. I guess my passengers got the jet experience and a bit of a death scare, but I managed to put the plane down quite okay, though the 15kn crosswind made itself felt. Still no bounce, no drop from above, so I declare this a successful London City landing, while also I admit that this still not counts as challenge cleared.

Video will upload here:

Cleared to land at 1:14:27

4 Likes

A few landing challenges to cool off:

That first one with the DA62 is equal parts terrifying and funny. There is such a strong crosswind that I flew about 45 degrees to the left to my nose. I had no chance to score an A

6 Likes