What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Cap Ferret, France

Le Phare du Cap Ferret, France

6 Likes

Size comparison of Airbus A380, Boeing 747 and Airbus A320.

5 Likes

Beverly Hills & Hollywood 30 minute scenic flight in a Tiger Moth.

SMO up to the sign and back.

9 Likes

Reims, France - in real-weather, real-time

7 Likes

Nantes, France

CMGO Dépôt des Pontreaux

Pont de Cheviré

Loire

6 Likes

Ford 4-AT Trimotor

4 Likes

Cologne-Bonn (EDDK) to London City (EGLC) in the HondaJet:

Had no luck with this flight at all. I had no ATC during the flight, even though it was supposed to be fully covered, but then all of them logged off before I got into contact with any of them. As for London City, well… this wasn’t the time I conquered it, had a really ugly bounced landing :frowning:

Full video later here:

3 Likes

Oh my terrible sense of humour…

Dot

dot 2

Was a great flight :smiley:

3 Likes

Pilots (Captains) Log
Day 1:
Morning flight from Matekane (FXME) to Upington Int’l (FAUP) Complete.
Distance 415miles, Duration 4hrs 30mins.

Due to high winds, updrafts, downdrafts, and the wonderful ATC having me kangarooing for an hour by having me climb to 11,000ft, then when I finally get there, I’m ordered back down to 10k, then back up to 11k. After an hour I cancelled my IFR and stayed at 11k.
Then when I finally get to Upington, I’m shoved into a holding pattern, and eventually I was forced to make an emergency landing as my fuel was hitting the red.

2 mins after reaching my parking spot the engines died.
So off to the main terminal to lodge a complaint, followed by a visit to the men’s room to freshen up. After I shall have a spot of lunch whilst I plan the next leg.
(note to myself) must keep range under 400miles!

7 Likes

UAL1122 Active now on Volanta

7 Likes

Newark to Cape Town?

Yeah, about three hours out

Zahmer Kaiser & Ellmauer Halt

6 Likes

I Fenixed from LPMA Madeira to ESSA Stockholm in 5h 15sec recorded.

I have no idea what happened to my Fenix on the final approach. It was all set up on the ILS single autopilot enabled, gear, full flaps, CAT I but it was bucking around like I was riding a bull. I was checking the weather thinking there must be crazy storm force gusts, but it was just 15kt. Then all of a sudden the autothrottle couldn’t handle it and the autopilot disconnected. It pitched violently up and I had to quickly take over and go around.

I vectored back to the same ILS 01L and this time I chose to hand fly with manual autothrottle, expecting to have a seriously hard time of it. But it was fine, completely stable, simple approach in and gentle landing. I’m quite confused as to what the autopilot was doing the first time.

5 Likes

I’ve not heard of this before but it seems the crazy Swedes have converted a Boeing into a hotel and restaurant in Arlanda airport. Or at least I assume so from finding this…

7 Likes
3 Likes

“Ate Crow”

“My plane” has been the LongEZ since forever. I love this bird and love flying her. After more than five years flying and “building my own” X-Plane LongEZ versions with various engines and even modeling the ESA electric EZ, I switched this year to flying in MSFS2020 which meant getting to know the indiafoxtecho LongEZ.

In getting to know the IFE LongEZ I decided the plane could not be flown as slow as is normal for a no-wind pattern and final and was keeping my pattern, approach, and final speeds exactly at 80KIAS.

After several months of this, today I challenged myself and the IFE LongEZ to fly the pattern at 70 and the approach at 65, holding speed with pitch and rate of descent with the throttle. (I set the CG to be center of range with 25% fuel, 180 lb pilot, no copilot, no baggage). The IFE LongEZ managed level flight at 70 KIAS with speed brake extended fully, gear down with good pitch authority.

Throttling down for -400 fpm descent abeam the numbers holding 70 KIAS I turned base around 700 ft AGL. Carefully maintaining that 70 KIAS and -400 fpm while watching for time to turn final and altitude around 400 AGL, I turned final feeling a bit high but there were trees to clear.

I had to pitch up again as my speed had climbed to 75 and I wanted to target 65 KIAS exactly, and was throttling back to maintain the descent.

I checked attitude to see if my nose wheel was above the mains:

At the edge of the field, I pitched up a little to 60 KIAS which slowed my descent but was worried I would touchdown nose first. I pitched up gently a little more and settled in a bit harder than I like and more level than I like, but it was a landing at “by the book” speeds. (This was a no wind factor landing.)

I tried another time and really smacked in and bounced a very ugly landing in front of Scudmissile13 who was parked to observe my humbling. (I’m pretty sure he didn’t see me as a LongEZ, as I am only aware of one other LongEZ simming here and they fly a LongEZ IRL in south Florida - out of 64FA Naked Lady Ranch)

So it looks like I’ve been wrong about the IFE LongEZ landing characteristics by allowing myself to fly it sloppy. I stand humbly corrected (and it will take a lot more practice to land comfortably at 65-70.)

4 Likes

Had a beautiful flight from Tokyo to Taipei this morning with some awesome views of mount Fuji as I departed the capital.

9 Likes

Near us, there’s a 747 that’s been made part of a water park: Evergreen Wings and Waves Waterpark | McMinnville, Oregon - YouTube

3 Likes

Next 3 legs of France bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LFCO :airplane: LFMB :airplane: LFIP :airplane: LESU
There were some clouds around departure, so I had to stay below 3000ft. But when I got into mountains the sky got clear and I could climb. And I had to. LFMB is at 5333ft ASL with short sloped grass strip. I did at least 5 go-arounds, before I touched down. LFIP is also sloped in similar altitude, but at least the runway is longer.
Navigation was quite nice. I didn’t look at GPS at all. I just followed my planned valleys and passes. This was definitely fun.

10 Likes