What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Checking out the madness in Buffalo, New York. Buddy of mine sent me the 3rd picture, so I just had to check it out.

ATC ‘weather grounded’ me, but the FAA doesn’t exist in the Sim, so I took off completely blind.

8 Likes

Played with the Bell 407. Three for three takeoffs! Zero for three landings. :wink:

6 Likes

Needed to escape the cold, and this balloon flight over Bora Bora did not disappoint! Check the winds before your flight, launch from thebeach on the upwind side of the atoll, float over Mount Pahia, and land on the downwind rim of the atoll. I was pretty geeked to come down on the beach right next to the airport even.

15 Likes

The plane looks fantastic, I’ve heard good things about the complexity of FlightFX’s Honda jet, could you say the same about the Vision?

1 Like

That’s actually been done by the Wright Brothers themselves. They made a number of flights in France, particularly in the Paris/Nice/(other major cities) regions to drum up sales. There’s a very old picture I remember seeing somewhere (on YouTube?) that showed a Wright Brothers aircraft circling the Eiffel Tower.

. . . . and that’s why I usually start on the runway with the engine(s) running! :man_facepalming:

My definition of success:
If the aircraft doesn’t require fire and ambulance support after landing, SUCCESS!!!

Was the aircraft’s mangled remains pushed off the runway with a bulldozer? No problem! Just make sure you have the local NTSB “Go-Team” on speed-dial.
:wink:

Note: Subtract 1point for each hard (plaster) cast needed and 1/2 point for each soft-cast.
:rofl:

P.S.
That’s one of the things I like about simms, you can try absolutely crazy things you’d never even think of imagining in real life. You just cracked up a seventeen-bazillion-dollar one-of-a-kind aircraft? Hit “Restart!”

1 Like

I’m afraid you did not see the original Wrights plane of 1903, rather a plane of a few years later. The record flight they did was 852 Feet, 59 seconds. You can’t fly around the Eiffel tower in 1 minute. I “faked” above image by releasing the Wrights plane 1 mile off Mont St Michel, at 1200 Feet (NavLog setting)

1 Like

a Wright Brothers aircraft” not THE Wright Brothers aircraft.

That first aircraft could barely get out of its own way - however once they got it working, refinements came thick and fast.

3 Likes

Took the beaver for a short hop from EDSA (just around the corner for me IRL) to EDDS

Here are some impressions from yesterday’s AndyanerTV community flight where I had the pleasure to have been invited as Co-commentator:

We had about 20 DC-3s in the air

5 Likes

Like a BOSS!!!

We’re any of them the R4-D version?

I was flying in Fenix A320 from LGAV to LIRF. It was all fine till ILS 34 L when suddenly out of nowhere my frame rate fell to almost 0 and even auto land wasn’t able to help :sob:
My normal flights are 1 - 1,5 hour long so this frame rate drop is new to me…

2 Likes

:rofl: that is very true! … and although I try to pretend I know what I’m doing, often, I find out quickly that I still don’t know what I’m doing - usually when it comes to landing!

I do enjoy starting up the aircraft though, that’s why I write it all down, I can never remember it, even if I did it 10,000 times!

I really really REALLY REALLY want to start flying on VATSIM, but I’m scared lol because I’m not consistent enough with the aircraft I fly, I need more time but time is something I don’t really have atm.

1 Like

It’s very much fun to fly. If you haven’t seen TwoToneMurphy’s recent stream where he previews the jet along while interviewing the FlightFX team , do check it out. A lot of folks’ questions are answered there. Also, the Flying Fabio will be streaming a flight using the jet later this week. I tried to share the stream link around the time Nick (FFX Founder) joins but you may need to rewind just a bit to catch the start.

2 Likes

Didn’t have a lot of time so I didn’t take pictures (sorry!) but did a flight as Endeavor 5349 from KJFK to KSWF in a C700-the closest thing I have to a CRJ!

3 Likes

Fun in the M-346

6 Likes

Tried out my new 1945 Cessna C195 Business Liner in Portugal, around Faro… the plane is a bit slow, but it flies very easy ! And it has Carenado looks, I’m a real fan of that

7 Likes

I’ve managed to get to near 100% success on take-offs though they’re not always pretty. I tried seven landings last night. Only two were survivable. Barely.

3 Likes

From RPLP in Legazpi, Philippines, we flew to RPME in Butuan via RPVA.

4 Likes

I did some base training at Nellis Air Force Base with Fenix A320. Trying to get used to the left-handed controls with the new TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition.

5 Likes

Some pleasant backcountry flying today in snowy Idaho with gorgeous VFR conditions. Took off from McCall Municipal (KMYL) flying first to Thomas Creek (2U8), Mahoney Creek (0U3) and Lower Loon Creek (C53):

Continued for Mile Hi (I97D)

but did not land due to hazardous runway conditions

Then enroute towards Big Creek (U60)

and my final destination today, Johnson Creek (3U2)

13 Likes