What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Took the Longitude from Munchen (EDDM) to Budapest Liszt Ferenc International (LHBP):

Somewhy autopilot did not capture the glideslope, so I flew the final on manual. Had to descend quite fast as I realised the problem rather late, but in the end I managed to put the plane down pretty okay. Also ATC gave me a different runway on both departure and arrival which gave a bit of extra immersion to it all.

Video later here:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t get up early enough for my next leg around Pacific. But there was perfect weather for a bush trip in Czechia. So I started Czech route (bush-trip) in WB-Sim C172: LKTB :airplane: LKMT :airplane: LKSU :airplane: LKHK

The weather was perfect. No wind, no clouds, 20°C. Well, it was still early morning in Czechia.

Brno - the 2nd largest city in Czechia

There is Slovakia behind those hills.

Šumperk. I heard it’s very nice country side. Unfortunately, I haven’t been there.

At first I thought that white line is border of the runway. Oops. It’s the centerline. First time seeing centerline on grass runway in MSFS.

Well, in the end there were some clouds around Hradec Králové.

8 Likes

flew yesterday from EDDL to OMDB

8 Likes

Today the weather in Helsinki was much better for sightseeing.

At some point I discovered this beach: Hietaranta Beach.

I couldn’t pass up the chance to swim.

Beware, the power lines on the beach can spoil your day.

Afterwards, I followed the highway 51 west to the grass runway in Torbacka. It will be the starting point for my flight to Sweden next week.

7 Likes

Lastly, I embarked on a couple of long flights in a Comanche aircraft. One of these flights was completely assigment free due to a significant lack of airports to the east of UAAA in FSe. So, I decided to fly to ZWWW in China via a route that I thought would provide me with some nice views of the mountains. However, the experience wasn’t as spectacular as I had expected. Nonetheless, it was enjoyable to fly without relying on many navigation aids.

I began the journey with a few VOR-to-VOR navigation segments, gradually transitioning to using landmarks and heading mode as I approached the 30nm radius of ZWWW’s VOR.

just in time before sunset !

following day flew from ZWWW to mongolia ZMBS it’s mostly like a desert :wink: with few blurry tile

It has been a bit hard for me to determine the exact location of the airfield and establish my altitude above the ground, especially due to the lack of trees. I admit I didn’t check the airfield altitude on charts or maps, which was a significant oversight on my part

8 Likes

A flight from Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India to Paro, Bhutan. Experience the plains rising suddenly upwards as the Himalayas approach.

At this time of the year, the monsoon air is heavy, stuffy and laden with humidity, as seen in the photos taken in real-weather, real-time.

Hashimara Air Force Station, West Bengal, India

Basra River Bed at the border of India and Bhutan. Those mountains are in Bhutan, but the river bed and the plains are in India

Even at 15,000 feet, you’d be too low for the Himalayas and could hit a peak.

This truck always blocks my way to the parking no matter where I am in the world!

Just in time for with the last flight before a golden sunset as this airport doesn’t allow nightly operations at 7,400 feet.

14 Likes

Been putting a captured MiG-15bis through its paces :wink:

9 Likes

Wow! This is fabulous!

1 Like

Short flight from Brussels EBBR to Liege EBLG, Iris PC-21.

5 Likes

I continued my trip around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather and time: CYBD :airplane: CYVR

Departure was very nice with the sunrise. About 50% of the flight was manual, because of flying through valleys and then to avoid some clouds. However, as I was approaching Vancouver visibility didn’t look good. A bit of mist. But when I reached downwind, it was possible to see the runway, just couldn’t fly too far. On first approach I underestimated strong headwind and got lower than I wanted. So I executed go-around and ATC asked me the same, because the runway was not clear. Second time, when I pressed G to lower the gear, MSFS started to stutter a lot. I disconnected my wireless keyboard and mouse and it started to work again. Because of this troubleshooting, the approach was bad again, of course. And again exactly the same situation. ATC asked me to do go-around, so I did. 3rd time ATC finally didn’t say “follow aircraft on final”. I knew, I had clear path so I put her down as fast as possible. Even managed to stay on centerline with strong crosswind.

12 Likes

This time went to Corsica for a flight from Bastia LFKB to Figari LFKF on my PC-21, both payware versions.
Weather was good so no problems there.

7 Likes

Flew the ATR 42 600 from Cold bay to Adak island

4 Likes

LSMC (Old Ulrichren Airbase, Switerland) to LIPB (Bolzano, Italy) in the Beech18 (with Denarq’s mod)

View of the valley:

LIPB has a very steep aproach (nearly 5º from 7000’ to ~700’)

I couldn’t slow it enough to land at first try, but after a go around, I was able to land safely

10 Likes

Departed from Arlington KAWO with old reliable favorite Wilga, no particular destination in mind. Forgot how much I love this plane! Basically just short strip hopping in the San Juan islands, complete with a perfect botched emergency landing.

Lovely day for a flight, a tiny bit of smoke.

See an airstrip, land on it.

Rinse and repeat.

Lovely moving ship.

Looking at some islands I haven’t seen before.

Ran out of fuel PERFECTLY on what would have been the downwind for this runway today. I totally miscalculated in the stress of the moment, and set myself up completely wrong.

These are the results. If I’d have just stayed on the downwind it would have been like a power-off approach just like your flight instructor does to you when you aren’t expecting it. I slewed myself back into position and went for another attempt, but I’m still annoyed with myself for missing what was essentially the perfect setup. I hadn’t even realized there was an airport there until the engine sputtered, and I choked.

Thank Flight Simulator for second chances! Time to unpack the gear and appreciate what a groovy ride we have in Wilma. All Hail Wilma!!! Flying into dirt airstrips, deploying the hammock, cooking up some hash potatoes…it’s all there.

Get the airstrips, which also add functional docks if you’re on floats: San Juan Islands, Washington for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS Literally more airstrips than you will be able to visit in one session.

May the virtual winds ever blow in your favor.

12 Likes

When you say, ‘functional’ docks, does that mean that somehow you can push up to the area and it will let you park (moor) there rather than drift around as is the norm? Also, does it mean you can start a flight on one? Both would be quite cool.

2 Likes

I think the physical docks don’t do anything to hold you in position, but they give you something visual. I’m not sure if they’re collectible but that would be my guess. If there is a good way to tie a sea plane off, so it doesn’t drift I would love to know how.

1 Like

KMSP to KDEN on the PMDG 737 800 :face_exhaling:

8 Likes

20AUG23 - Sunday flight:

VietJet | Airbus A320-214 | VN-A695

• Departure: Bali Denpasar (WADD)
  • Arrival: Singapore Changi (WSSS)
  • Distance: 1001 nm
  • Flight time: 2:21 Hours

11 Likes

I don’t know if this qualifies, the flight was a few days ago, but today I finally finished editing a video with the Bugatti 100. I had some fun doing a lot of low passes and some aerobatics over the fantastic Little Gransden scenery:

12 Likes

Flying into KLAX bad weather 787

9 Likes