What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Med-vac runs in Argentina.

2 Likes

Drinking in LA as I only see it daily on the ground. Helo pads working, the 125 is a cooperative machine even with no AP, and airports (free and pay) working fine. In fact, smooth as butter. A far cry from the FPS losses of FSX/P3D which made LA, London, NY, just miserable to fly in. Thanks, Asobo and creators.

4 Likes

Felt virtually sick :face_vomiting: :rofl:

4 Likes

Flying over Seattle on my way from Orcas Island down to Portland.

The next leg was Portland down to Eugene but no screenshots from that flight. Today I crossed into California with a flight out of Eugene and down to Weed, just West of Mt Shasta. I usually fly with Live Weather but I’m enjoying the RexAccuseason Advanced presets at the moment; this screenshot shows ‘Divine Snow Scape’ on the journey towards Weed, albeit with a lazy cockpit view :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Last full leg in Mexico on my tour around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather: MMBT :airplane: MMTP

I had a little bit of headwind, but it was still good. The wind was from the east and all the clouds got stopped by the mountains. So I had clear sky.

And of course there was haze in the destination. I was hoping it would dissolve, until I would get there.

Luckily I found the important visual cue. At the lake turn 050° and I was well align with the runway.

Next legs will be in those smaller countries of central America.

5 Likes

Screenshot 2023-10-19 200124

3 Likes

Beautiful composition and lighting in these shots! :clap:

1 Like

Flew over Monument Valley. I didn’t realize it was on the route.

3 Likes

Parked up at Feshiebridge (EGZL), an airstrip which serves a glider school pretty much next door to the second and third highest mountains in Britain:

This is one of two airfields, the other being Blair Atholl (EGQI), actually inside the Grampians (the eastern part of the Scottish Highlands) and as such immensely useful to anyone flying there, at least in MSFS (not sure how glider clubs feel about random GA aircraft showing up at their strips in real life).

This is the second time I’ve been here in a week; last Thursday I arrived here flying the MXA, which I’m pleased to hear my XBox-flying nephew will now be able to access in the Marketplace as part of a package as reasonably priced as Got Friends were allowed to make it:

4 Likes

Last year on a road trip I took a stop by Weed airport for an IRL snapshot – tarmac’s rougher than in sim but it’s got the same lovely view of Shasta! :smiley:

Thank you, it’s taken quite a while to get my drone cam set up in a way that works for me.

1 Like

“Rougher,” a delightful understatement judging by your pictures :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s great to see a comparison between real life and the sim, and it’s good to see the sim does such a good job. Thanks for sharing back to your original post. Is there a thread for comparison shots on the forum? I could probably lose quite a lot of time looking through one if there were.

1 Like

Yeah, the forum’s a little wonky in how it shows internal links, but you should be able to reach the full thread view by clicking the embedded thread title in the above post, where it says “[OFFICIAL] Real vs Sim Screenshots” :smiley:

1 Like

It was/is a dark and stormy night in Chicago… on a very short little flight:

7 Likes

There are 4 different type of aircraft pictured. Can you name them all?

5 Likes

I very much doubt I’ll ever visit Panama.

But at least I can enjoy their bizarre taste in architecture.

Their building top rest stops.

Their tendency to build roads in surprising places.

Their normal looking bridges.

Their very colourful buildings.

And of course their unique canal.

I even got a good night’s sleep in my own bed.

6 Likes

I continued my tour around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather: MMTP :airplane: MSSS
Today it was morning flight from Mexico to El Salvador. The weather was nice. No fog today.

That was passing by lot of volcanos, or ex-volcanos.

7 Likes

Day break Miami KMIA to Atlanta KATL Fenix flight.

5 Likes

Hmmm…
B2, F-15, F-35, F-14

1 Like