What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

I flew into Chihuahua, Mexico today and was assigned a runway with a big old tailwind making things difficult. Despite getting the speed down as best I could I barely slowed by the end of the runway. I checked the brake condition on the A2A Comanche pilots pad and they were completely shot and needed changing. All green prior to take off.

I love this sim, but I do wish ATC was slightly better…maybe I should bite the bullet and try VatSim one day. Though I’m not sure that would help on this trip much.

1 Like

Finally an FMS Suite appropriate for the King Air 350.

8 Likes
1 Like

While I’m waiting for the Working Title T…

5 Likes

Leg 6 of New Guinea challenge bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: WAVV :airplane: WAYL
Clear sky today, but quite bumpy. Although I took advantage of it. At first it was a bit slow climb to 12000ft, but after getting over a mountain pass I took advantage of south wind and stayed at north side of the valley. Thanks to updraft it was easy to hold 12500ft and just before end I even climbed to 13000ft to be safe for next mountain pass.
Flying circuit at Illaga was a bit challenge. On downwind I had to use much more throttle to keep altitude. And on final it was hard to lose altitude. So I did a go-around and second time I flew longer final. I still had to do a bit sideslip to loose altitude. But in the end the approach was perfect. Center line and just above stall speed. Just touchdown could be better, I have hard time to assess height above runway on small runways. Unfortunately no screenshots from approach.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Early morning departure from Alice Springs to Tennant Creak, in the BlackSquare King Air.

6 Likes

Reykjavik To Farrow Islands in the Fokker 28 4000

1 Like

Completed a flight from EGLL to Sydney. My longest to date.

6 Likes

Took the 787-10 for a practice flight from Norfolk (KORF) to Louisville Muhammad Ali (KSDF)

It has been so long since I last flew it, that I had to find various knobs and switches all over again. But what is worse, is that weird powerful veering after touchdown. Was autobrake 2 too much? Is it a bug? Is it something that I did? I wish I knew…

Full video later here:

4 Likes

A pleasant flight form Cardiff [EGFF] to Oslo [ENGM]

Taking off from foggy Cardiff:

Near busy London:

Final behind a B737

Landing on rainy Oslo:

5 Likes

Nice , Cardiff is my local Airport

I continued my trip around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather: SPME :airplane: SPEO
This was first of several legs in Peru. I never realized how big country Peru is.

11 Likes

Flew the PMDG 737-800 from KTPA to KBOS. The route was basically up the US East coast through the center of the coastal states until Manhattan. The arrival on the JFK transition has you fly just south of Manhattan before turning east-northeast towards Long Island, passing north over the sound into Connecticut, descending and passing over Providence, Rhode Island before turning towards Boston on what was a very long final.

The southern tip of Manhattan visible off the nose:

Turning towards the northeast just past KJFK, you can see all of Manhattan in the background, with KLGA visible just below/right of center.

On a 5 mile final into RWY 04R into KBOS. FlyTampa’s KBOS + SamScene3D’s new Boston city scenery look quite nice together.

At the gate and deboarding:

13 Likes

Stockholm to Gran Canaria. Flight went well.

10 Likes

Passing Point Judith - Night Flying Hours Piper PA-28 III

4 Likes

There’s something soothing about night flying. It’s probably all the little lights in the front office.

6 Likes

Farrow Islands to Edinburgh in the Fokker f28 4000

1 Like

Downloaded a new scenery package for St. Thomas (TIST by Lexuz2020…outstanding work!) and Florida Air Cargo textures (thanks, TunaTrimmings!) for the Duckworks DC-3, then hit the road to the stock St. Martin (TNCM). I mostly wanted to fiddle with the retro version of the DC-3, as I’ve almost exclusively flown the classic version. All went well, except that there’s a waypoint error on the VOR Z Runway 10 approach, JUICE transition into TNCM that caused my flight plan to not sequence. Intervened manually and finished the approach and landing just fine, with only the slightest skip on touchdown!

Just a glamour shot of Florida Air Cargo’s N271SE between St. Thomas and St. Martin. FAC is a Part 135 cargo charter that operates three DC-3/C-47s and two Caravans between Miami-Opa Locka and Nassau, although individual charters may find the fleet landing anywhere in the Caribbean and South America. N271SE began life as a C-47B in January 1945, and served with the RAF, Transair Ltd., Derby Aviation (later British Midland), South West Aviation, Morton Air Services, Air Freight Ltd., Skyways Cargo, and Missionary Flights International before joining FAC in 2015.

Passing one of Royal Caribbean’s Oasis-Class “way-too-big” cruise ships. Honestly, who wants to cruise with 6,000 of your closest strangers? That’s Tortola in the distant background, with (from left to right) Peter, Dead Chest, Salt, and Cooper Islands closer.

Humming over Maho Beach before landing on Runway 10 at St. Martin. The stock scenery looks convincing but doesn’t include beachgoers or other elements that really bring the scenery to life.

Parked at what may be the air cargo ramp. A beautiful paintjob on a wonderful aircraft. What more could I ask for?

14 Likes

Leg 7 of New Guinea challenge bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: WAYL :airplane: WAXP
As I said before it was already challenge to plan this bush-trip. MSFS (and based on that Little Navmap) says that WAYL runway is 1488ft long at 7944ft altitude. This is definitely not enough takeoff distance for C172, especially in hot tropical country like Indonesia. So I almost scraped the whole bush-trip. But then I checked SkyVector and it says runway length is 2000ft. And that is sufficient. I compared Google Earth satellite image of the airport and I found differences. MSFS generated part of the runway as parking area. So today I used the parking area as runway and it was just enough to rotate.
Today I started the flight later, so it was late afternoon in Indonesia. But advantage of that was that winds were already calm so the flight was not bumpy. Until I got to open area with lakes near destination. There it was bumpier.
Another nice thing was that destination had gap between trees, so landing was possible.

And I parked just before sunset.

9 Likes