What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Dusk flight into Exuma

9 Likes

London City to Bilbao in the Fokker F28 4000

2 Likes

The Fokker is on my X-mas list. Can’t wait to try her out!

Today I went back to Gisborne, New Zealand and replicated many of Tiger Moth ZK-BAL’s sightseeing tours. Really not much to report. The hand-crafted airport at Gisborne (NZGS) is nice, but the town is not spectacular, and the area is in need of some watermask work.

Oh, and I fiddled with the drone camera some more :blush:

ZK-BAL “Snafu” waiting for her next flight at Gisborne. Below, we’re turning southbound after cruising over Wainui Beach. Much of the town’s suburbs lie in the valley northeast of the town, visible over the first range of hills in this photo. I replicated the standard sightseeing route by referencing Flightradar24, and discovered that BAL doesn’t fly very much at all, with no flights listed after April, 2023. I hope she’s okay!

7 Likes

The Black Square TBM, Bonanza, and Baron, are so superior (even with having an altimeter in the two Beechcrafts that is still unfinished) and realistic I had to make an appointment to get a good insurance plan for the Black Square airplanes, and three parking lots for them.

Because they are so realistic simulated they must be real! :smiley:

Even the illumination brightness of the integral light is reduced when cranking the starter motor, and sometimes the engine is flooding when leaving the boost pumps on too long, the exhaust is making explosion sounds when moving the throttle too fast or switching off ignition while the engine is still running… this is THE BEST and most ACCURATE SIMULATED AIRPLANE EVER MADE!!!
Awesome.
Sometimes also one or two instruments randomly fail and pop goes some circuit breaker or the heater is failing and many other things go wrong when failure rate is set to x512 times or x1024 times of realistic failures, in almost every flight something interesting happens this is intense.

1 Like

CJY4-Sandy Bay Airport is available on my website.
www.fs-creation.net

3 Likes

9 Likes

Forgot I took some shots from the World Flight Event last week.

9 Likes

Visited Shiprock Mountain with the Stearman

12 Likes

I am very very satisfied with my new AI helper.
Never before was bringing textures to the next level THAT AWESOME!! Woooh epic.
Currently redoing a lot of cockpit elements and all labels, night light, gauges, of the beyond awesome Black Square Beechcraft Bonanza and the Baron.

Found an even better AI today for enhancing the very pixelated parts, because just pressing STRG (CTRL) + T and making it bigger with the mouse of course does not help in any way with textures like these.

Absolute LOVE the ultra-crisp supersharp new visuals that don´t get blurry and pixelated and washed out and blurred when getting more close-up and personal with all the awesome simulated circuit breakers and their labels, the highly detailed instruments and the approximately seven dozen buttons knobs and switches :smiley:
This is the graphics quality the new GA state of the art aircraft Black Square Baron Bonanza and TBM truly deserve!
Awesome. Not only one can talk with AI but AI´s are now helping me with more complex textures (like tons and heaps of small labels etc.) I would sit for hours and hours without end when trying to enhance them by hand…
Or worse - it would even be fully impossible to enhance a texture like that round dial because in no way this can be done by hand or with any Photoshop blur and sharpen filters, only re-writing every line and number manually and rotating the text-block into the correct angle and whatnot would be necessary… this small area alone would take days to overhaul and maybe I would go crazy before having it even half-finished…:smiley:

5 Likes

Quick flying doc flight from Omaka to Nelson. Wish the default GAs had doors and windows.

13 Likes

“Chicago, Chicago, you’re my kind of town…”

6 Likes

Dusk arrival Hyannis to Newport RWY 34

6 Likes

Bilbao to Ibiza Spain in the Fokker f28 4000

1 Like

The weather improved, so I jumped back to the UK, although I’m still on a DC-3 kick! Today I flew Air Atlantique’s G-AMHJ (awesome paint by billgranada) from Duxford to Coventry. I always try to imagine some reasoning for a specific flight: a back-story, if you will. So…

A few weeks ago, Sally B, the sole remaining flyable B-17 in Europe and permanent resident of the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, threw a cylinder during a runup, necessitating an engine change. Air Atlantique was chartered to fly a recently overhauled engine to Duxford. Having spent the weekend on impromptu static display, my crew and I will return our faithful Dakota, G-AMHJ, to AA’s Coventry base.

Duxford/IWM’s website contains a plethora of information about operating from the former RAF field, including standard practices for pattern operations and noise abatement routes, and standard practices for operations outside the field’s normal hours. We’re departing shortly after sunrise and well before the field opens at 1000, so we’ll need to study that section carefully, paying special attention to traffic flow and availability of ARFF services.

G-AMHJ still buttoned up, awaiting our crew. She’s parked on the west ramp, next to the “terminal” where museum visitors may purchase rides in Classic Wings’ Dragon Rapide, Tiger Moth, Texan, or Spitfire. Sounds like fun, if you have a few hundred quid to spare! For this early morning weekday flight, I sent the crowds home and turned off the “airshow” scenery addon.

G-AMHJ preflighted and ready to go by dawn’s early light. Air Atlantique ceased operations around 2008, when new safety regulations made operating passenger DC-3s uneconomical. Through the magic of flight simulation, AA is resurrected! The real AMHJ is currently on display in her original RAF colors as KG651 at the Metheringham Airfield Visitor Center between RAF Coningsby and Wattisham in Lincolnshire.

Taxiing to Runway 24. We arranged to have ARFF available the night before, and one of the airfield’s “controllers” agreed to come in early.

4,000 feet, 30 inches, 2,000 RPM, and 160 knots true.

Approaching Coventry from the east, with the airfield visible in the distant background. Coventry is the second largest city in central England, second only to its neighbor Birmingham. After being largely destroyed during a German raid in November 1940, Coventry eventually became the center of England’s automotive industry. Alas, the city went the way of Detroit when that industry collapsed. The city’s revitalization continues. Adding insult to injury, HMS Coventry was sunk north of the Falkland Islands on May 25th,1982 by Argentinian Skyhawks. Nineteen of her crew were lost.

So much history in one photo! Coventry Airport is home to the Midland Air Museum, just out of view to the top right. Also calling the airfield home are non-flying Nimrod XV232 (right), Shackleton WR963 (center), and former Air Atlantique DC-6 G-SIXC (left). SIXC was recently open as a restaurant but may have been moved off site. Can anyone verify? BTW, this excellent scenery package is made by morganthomas757. It’s spectacular!

Back at the farm, ready for a good nap :blush:

I hope nobody minds me writing these long diatribes. Whenever I fly over new territory, I try to learn something about the places I pass. It reminds me that, regardless of where and how we live, we’re all about the same!

15 Likes

I’ve read that setting autobrake to maximum somehow helps the violent veering of the 787 after the nosegear touches down, so I have put it to a short test flight from Budapest (LHBP) to Wien (LOWW):

It still tries to turn off to the right from the runway, but indeed it is not that violent than on lower autobrake settings.

4 Likes

Fantastic, thanks for sharing

1 Like

DC from DC Designs and Myself debriefing after an instructors session at the DCDFWS aka Top Fun

3 Likes

https://click.email.vimeo.com/?qs=0c17fc5e4c226c6eec90272b4cc49a24b4d9bea7995f7a805163919255d667299b5d513061af40072668599c6a2454a304998ea8ec695217d882854eb79c988c

Long-ish haul in the PMDG 737-900ER from early morning PHNL to sunny ^h^h^h^h^h rainy, miserable southern California and KLAX in “reverse ops” landing west-to-east due to weather.

Lining up on 4R at Honolulu

Gear up and climbing out, turning south and east.

Facing the rising sun, about to turn eastwards on the SID before heading out to sea.

Turning northeast over Molokai, heading “feet wet” for the long overwater leg.

Descending towards southern California, all socked in with the gross autumnal weather.

Final approach on the ILS to KLAX runway 6R … yes, still above minimums and runway lights are (barely) in sight.

At the gate.

9 Likes

almost time to pull out the Christmas scenery… I kid you not.