What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Ibiza Airport to Faro International Airport in the Fokker F28 4000

1 Like

Unfortunately, today I checked the EFB update for PMDG has been added to the maketplace. As it has been for 17 days…

Luxurious trip from Mackay to Keswick Island, Australia

3 Likes

Geneva (LSGG) to Salzburg W.A. Mozart (LOWS) in the Longitude:

Though I was “cleared for the approach” I kept waiting for ATC to tell me to descend, so I kind of blew the approach, in the end I gave the passengers a bit more jet experience as professional, but managed to put the airplane down without going around and while descent was quite steep, the landing itself wasn’t rough. Still I feel kinda stupid for the descent hiccup…

Full video later here:

6 Likes

Akureyri, Iceland, approach and parking - in real-weather, real-time

9 Likes

Reykjavik, Iceland, surroundings. The first image shows the light beam from the Peace Tower right under the aircraft.

3 Likes

Views and moods of Iceland - in real-weather, real-time

The first photo with ice chunks floating is my personal favourite. What’s yours?

12 Likes

With a positive pre-buy inspection, I hope to pick up an Arrow II, IRL this weekend!

So naturally, I did some pattern-work and worked on my flows in the JustFlight Piper Arrow III. Gotta figure out what that blue thingy does, and how to turn on those three green lights! :joy:

Lots going on, and figuring out repeatable sequences is key to consistency. The difference between the inner-most track and the outer-most track is the difference between “Do I trim for level on Crosswind or Downwind?” The Arrow is a little quicker than the 172 I’ve been flying (complex, too), and will get you to pattern elevation quicker. On a hot day, with passengers In a C172 you’ll still be CLIMBING on the turn to downwind… it makes a difference.

The last few laps were pretty consistent. Turning Final and hearing “500!” from the headset, and rolling out into an immediate “Short Final Kilo Alpha November Echo” at nearly the exact positions, being the proof in the pudding.

I think I’ve got this figured out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I’ve got a bunch of Cessna-specific gear for sale, if anyone’s interested? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Used the Darkstar to complete the Frequent Flyer Miles achievement. Landing that thing is not easy.

2 Likes

Congrats! We’ll expect some comparison shots after you bring 'er home :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Your video has totally eliminated any curiosity I previously had about how well VR works in the sim.

I probably won’t be abandoning TrackIR or my mouse anytime soon.

1 Like

Greenland, west coast… in real-weather, real-time.

Hover mouse over a photo for specific information about an airport.

9 Likes

Nothing too amazing yesterday. I didn’t have much time to fly, as I was finishing errands and getting ready to leave for work, so I jumped into my current favorite Air Atlantique DC-3 for some instrument air work at Coventry and neighboring Birmingham. I’m glad I didn’t plan on flying anywhere awesome, as Bing was having some issues, which I’m sure you all noticed, too :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That’s better :wink: Outbound holding over the Birmingham NDB for the EGBB ILS 15. I hadn’t practiced NDB holds or even used an ADF in a quite a while, and I’m glad to say that it went quite well!

On the missed approach from Birmingham, turning for Coventry and home, with the clouds illuminated by the sun’s final light. I usually fly during daylight hours, so this was a wonderful treat!

8 Likes

Good for you, thanks for sharing that with us!:trophy:

EasyJet Airbus A320-214 G-EZWC from Brest-Bretagne (LFRB) to Split (LDSP)

10 Likes

VFR from Portland (KPDX) to Columbia Gorge Regional / The Dalles (KDLS) in the undisputed king of civilian jet VFR, the SF50 Vision

5 Likes

Decided to try the 787-9 Horizon Simulations mod on a cross-the-pond run in real-time today. Departed EHAM with the last glimmers of the autumn daylight fading on the horizon and chased the sliver Moon across the sky for about 7 hours and 15 minutes before landing at KJFK.

Climbing out of Amsterdam

Climbing with the Moon

Heading toward an initial cruise altitude of FL380 over stormy central UK skies

The long trans-Atlantic leg is behind us; now heading south along North America, passing KBOS below at FL420, still chasing the crescent Moon

Descending over eastern Long Island towards the greater New York City area with our faithful Lunar companion still pacing us

Parked at JFK’s International Terminal and servicing the aircraft

11 Likes

Flew from Faro International to Tenerife North in the Fokker 28 4000

1 Like

Got far enough working on my MU-2 livery that I can use it, so time for a break from Blender and off for a flight to CYGR. Gotta appreciate the shape of the wing tip fuel tanks.

2 Likes

My flight today was from Oman to Iran, and I really enjoyed the mountain-desert scenery between the two neighboring countries and the UAE as well!

4 Likes