What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

When looking at the GTN750 you notice that the upper and right edge of the screen are a bit cut off.
I have re-centered the screen of the Garmin750 in the new holy grail of flying, the Black Square Bonanza Baron and TBM :slight_smile:

Plus the simulated Garmin750 screen now has the accurate resolution of 600 x 708 pixel.

3 Likes

I guess it was a day for bad weather flying.

Leaving Samedan (LSZS)

Leaving Rogers Municipal (KROG)

5 Likes

KSJC-KORD. Early morning flight.

7 Likes

Flew the Fokker 28 4000 from Tenerife North to Blaise Diagne

2 Likes

This Jazz Flight is HAULING.

4 Likes

I completed it some months ago with the Antonov 225. It was a great relief when I finally touched ground, as I was afraid of performance degradation after a so long flight.

Welcome to the club!

A short flight from Cape Town (FACT) to Bloemfontein (FABL)

As a fan of Tolkien, I couldn’t let go the opportunity to visit his birth place as I was around there with one of my aircraft.

Prepararing departure:

Leaving Cape Town:

And approaching Bloemfontein:

Landed and deboarding:

6 Likes

I have made a decision. Garmin1000 is devil´s work, only instruments from the eighties till the Garmin GNS530 release in December 2006 should be the tech limit in my planes.

You have no idea how good it feels seeing all these numbers frequencies and hearing the constant soothing morse beeps of the VOR and other NAVAIDS :slight_smile:

Never needed these in the Fenix… But it´s time to learn reading Jeppesen charts. Better late than never!

Flying perfectly as the manual says and inside the operation limits, all needles are lovely animated and moving and twitching around a little bit in the turbulent air, and everything is spiced up with a few beautyful eighties-calculator-style LCD displays.

Look at these gorgeous gauges. (Propeller rpm was constantly wobbling between 2200 and 2300 because of the wind and the turbulence so it was no continuous operation at 2350 or higher).

Bonus: The alternator was not delivering enough ampere and the battery was draining, at some point parts of the cockpit gauges and some avionics system switched off until I put the throttle to at least 10 or 15 %.
Looks like 3 horses are not enough to drive that alternator :wink:

The Fenix has clearly found his master in the Black Square Bonanza (and Baron, and TBM).
The KNS81 can even create a virtual VORs to get some kind of RNAV-style FLS to a runway (without VNAV).

7 Likes

Indonesian forest and reefs

5 Likes

Central-western Saskatchewan, Canada, almost frozen - real-time, real-weather

Buffalo Narrows airport and Petter Pond Lake, wind 42 kts

2 Likes

Eurowings Airbus A320-214 D-ABDT from Split (LDSP) to Paderborn-Lippstadt (EDLP)

15 Likes

Soaring above the clouds of Southern California in the Cirrus Vision G2. What it lacks in fuel efficiency it makes up for in a smooth, quiet ride and those gorgeous picture windows!

8 Likes

Back to my London - Darwin flight ala the ‘Kangaroo Route’ or thereabouts. This is the Cairo to Karachi leg.

8 Likes

Eurowings Airbus A320-214 D-ABDT from Paderborn-Lippstadt (EDLP) to Trondheim-Vaernes (ENVA)

10 Likes

Got myself a rudder pedal, so I went back to flight school and practiced taxiing and some takeoffs, landings, 180s on a runway and such.

I quickly realised that desipte live weather was on, there was just no wind. So after the first full circuit, I decided to shorten the flights. I had multiplayer OFF, so no bother to others.

Even though it feels quite strange yet, I managed to stop right on the line. Still it will take some time to get used to my new controls (and to stop twisting the joystick…)

9 Likes

CYVQ Norman Wells

7 Likes

This morning we took the Stearman for a couple of circuits at Duxford

and then watched a talented German pilot save his life with an incredible quick thinking flying maneuver.

5 Likes

Quick leg, Oshima to Chofu.

8 Likes

Blaise Diagne To Felix Airport in the Fokker 28 4000

1 Like

Horizon 787-900 ops in NZ… still trying to figure out the autoland, seems to float quite a lot each attempt. Any tips would be appreciated!

8 Likes