What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Short hop: Amritsar - New Delhi
Love the Fenix!

Cheers,
Nish

7 Likes

Cruising at 38.000ft with FBWA32N. LTAI-EDDL flight…

3 Likes

Late night flight last night from Kodiak to Ketchikan in the Fokker f28 4000

1 Like

5 Likes

For a brand new 22T, I need to talk to my sales rep about the canopy. :smile:

6 Likes

Late afternoon flight St. Maarten to Martinique - ILS RWY10 in a light rain.

9 Likes

After longer break I did next leg of my Pacific tour in DC-3 in real weather: SCDA :airplane: SCHA
Originally the plan was to fly from Diego Aracena (SCDA) to Desierto De Atacama (SCAT). And the weather was not good at both airports, so I did IFR plan. However, later visibility got better at SCDA, but not much at SCTA. And the wind got stronger at SCTA with 10kn tailwind on rw 17. The only IFR approach suitable for DC-3 was ILS runway 17. Other approaches required DME or GPS that DC-3 does not have. Yes, I prefer classic.
So I decided for destination nearby. The problem is the wind from Pacific ocean brings humidity to coast. That is stopped by high mountains and forms large cloud cover. So I just found nearby airport behind mountains that had no cloud cover. And that was Chamonate (SCHA). And that was my destination.

Unfortunately, with DC-3, when they fix one thing, another thing breaks. In SU14 quick look right was fixed (looking actually right and not left), but when switching on engine mesh, the propeller does not rotate. After prime the engine starts, but there is no animation of propeller spinning up.

Another incident during flight was that suddenly the heading was 5° left. Then I noticed that the left engine was off (0 RPM). So it was gyropilot trying to keep the course, but couldn’t. So I switched it off. It was a bit challenge to fly the aircraft and not end in high mountains on the left, while also resolving the engine. I noticed that the left propeller lever was all the way back. How did that happen? I could imagine that could destroy engine. Luckily not completely. I could restart the engine and continued the flight safely.

9 Likes

Ketchikan to Seattle in the Fokker 28 4000

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m enjoying all the interesting flights here. Myself I had quick ride to Innsbruck from a nearby airport to practice some hand flying with the 737-600.

Although the colours improved I’m still using reshade….

-Bram
SkyLane

6 Likes

I need another vintage miljet like I need a hole in my head, but I spontaneously pulled the trigger on the new Heatblur/India Foxt Echo rendition of the F-14 Tomcat. Wow - I didn’t know I wanted or needed a “study level” miljet in the sim, but me likey! This one is gorgeous and is a beast to fly.

Shortly after these afterburner beauty-shots, I cut power suddenly and over-controlled right into a double compressor stall! Fortunately I had the altitude to air-start the engines one after the other and made a safe landing.

Oh, and the ejection handles work. :stuck_out_tongue: (At least as far as blowing off the canopy).

6 Likes

Headed to Newport for the weekend 6,500’ @ 173 ktas

Early AM Departure from Cape Cod

Turning Base over 1st Beach in Newport

It’s always great to see the Breakers and the Pell Bridge

7 Likes

Seattle to Yellowstone regional in the Fokker f28 4000 very disappointed with FSTL putting two parked 737’s there when it should be limited to seasonal crj 200 operations there

1 Like

Oslo (ENGM) to Tromso (ENTC), enjoying nothern lights:

Sun never really rised

5 Likes

South of Milan in the morning, live weather.

Leaving Sofia(LBSF) late afternoon, live weather

7 Likes

Pacific tour in DC-3 in real weather: SCHA :airplane: SCEL
Reaching bigger cities in Chile.

8 Likes

Yellowstone to Alliance in the Fokker F28 4000

3 Likes

Gorgeous cloud tops at FL310 with a cloudy Faeroes below. A turbulent ride to Stornoway from Reykjavik.

9 Likes

What did I do today in MSFS? Holding short at Vegas :wink:

13 Likes

Scotland: Glasgow (EGPF), Western Highlands and the Isle of Skye to Inverness (EGPE)

12 Likes