What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Flew the Asobo P-51 from Duxford to Rotterdam. It’s fast and a decent flyer.

10 Likes

Flew the Fokker f28 400 from RJCK to UHPP for an refuel

3 Likes

Quick flight from KIOW to KBKL. Call me crazy but Cleveland has one of my favorite skylines. :slight_smile:

Another great landing in the CJ4 and a 12kt 40deg xwind off the lake to boot. :butter:

4 Likes

UHPP to Adak Island in the Fokker 28 4000 back in the USA on my around the world tour.

2 Likes

Debugging my LFPN scenery regarding the LOC identifier and the overall ILS 25R. Not funny to just look inside the default C172 Cessna at this so early time in Paris time :wink:

4 Likes

Austria (LOAN) to Saudi Arabia (OEAM) delivering a brand new Diamond DA62.

8 Likes

Testing 1.35.21.0 (SU14) at my Bowerman scenery (KHQM). A kind of challenging go-around with the real time weather. New Cirrus SR22.

5 Likes

Providenciales bound.

8 Likes

Checkride with the Bell 407 from Hollywood Hills to Downtown L.A. with a small stop at the observatory and Chinese Theater at the Hollywood Boulevard.(VR)

Tested changes to the Bell 407 and inspected the atmospheric update. Much better, no burning sky anymore at all occasions.

3 Likes

Was busy today making a flowchart / checklist for the cold and dark startup of the PMDG 737. Just so I wouldn’t forget a single step.

-Bram
SkyLane

3 Likes

I was afraid of a wasted evening when confronted by the software update screen, but all appears well with 1.35.21.0 so far! I completed two flights today, both in the Fokker F28.

First, I flew 85 enthusiasts between the Aviodrome at Lelystad and the Imperial War Museum at Duxford in fictional F28 Mk. 4000 demonstrator PH-JHG. The first Friendship built, JHG (supposedly named for project chief engineer Johan Hendrick Greidanus) was converted in 1971 to the prototype Mk. 2000 and in 1973 to the prototype Mk. 6000 before losing her slats and becoming a regular Mk. 4000, in which guise she served as the avionics testbed for the Fokker 100. The real JHG was scrapped back in 1985 but lives on in our simulated world thanks to FSTexturas at flightsim.to.

Almost ready for pushback at Lelystad. The height of the control tower was more than doubled in 2017 by adding three stories atop the existing tower. Dutch ingenuity and architecture at its finest! FrankGPilot at flightsim.to has captured the airfield, the Aviodrome, and especially the airfield’s unique control tower in great detail.

The real control tower at Lelystad, before and after. Part bowling pin, part child’s top, all character!

I departed off Runway 23 and headed west toward Amsterdam, climbing very slowly to FL300. Schiphol Airport is just coming into view in the lower left of this photo. At first a World War I military airfield, Schiphol later welcomed civilian traffic before being occupied by invading Germans in 1940, blown off the map by Allied bombing in 1943, and finished off by retreating Germans in 1944. Rebuilt in 1945, Schiphol is now the third busiest airport in Europe and is routinely ranked as one of the finest. It’s also where JHG and her 240 sisters were built starting way back in 1967.

On the western apron at Duxford. Yes, there’s frost on the ground. No, nobody is wearing a jacket. Some blokes are wearing shorts. We can’t have everything in the sim, can we? :wink:

Next I flew N949FK empty between Grand Canyon National Park airport and Tucson International. This fantastic airport scenery is available at flightsim.to thanks to JustOkayPilot (but a great scenery maker). You can find Tucson there, too, thanks to BullFrogSim.

949 waiting for departure outside the FBO at Grand Canyon. I’ve never met a GPU that I trusted, as they always seem to run out of gas, blow a fuse, have trouble starting, or just die at the worst times. This Just Flight unit seems trustworthy, though!

I was hoping to depart off Runway 21 away from the park boundary, but the resulting tailwind was out of limits, so we took off from Runway 3, making a hard right turn after departure to rejoin the obstacle departure procedure southbound toward the Drake VOR.

Climbing away from the canyon. Directly above 949’s stabilizer the canyon bends north toward Page. It was at this approximate location back in 1956 that United’s Mainliner Vancouver and TWA’s Star of the Seine collided while travelling eastward toward Chicago. The United DC-7 crashed into Chuhar Butte while the TWA Super Constellation struck Temple Butte. All 128 passengers and crew aboard both aircraft were killed. Our current ATC system is a direct result of that tragic accident. The Wikipedia article gives a decent summary, while aircraftarchaeology.com has some recent photos of the wreck sites.

949 north of Phoenix, over the middle of nowhere. Well, maybe not the middle. Perhaps slightly to the right of the middle! Until I begain flying out west, I had no real idea just how vast–and empty–the United States really is. Miles and miles of miles and miles!

Lined up for Runway 11L at Tucson over part of the Saguaro National Park. The F28 seems like a nice first classic jet for beginners. At a not-so-blazing cruise speed of Mach 0.7, nothing happens quickly! (The 737’s I’m more familiar with cruise between Mach 0.78 and 0.80, approximately 70 knots faster than the Fokker.) And I’m in love with that rear mounted speed brake! No pitching and buffeting like airplanes with speedbrakes/spoilers atop the wings! Nice and smooth.

Watch out for the high terrain underneath the ILS approach course here. There’s lots of ASAP reports in which you can read about crews who descended too early.

Our friends at Southwest arranged for us to park at Gate 25 for the night. Tomorrow, I’m finally off to see the AMARC boneyard at nearby Davis Monthan AFB. More on that later!

That’s all for today! I’m really enjoying the Fokker, although as I suspected, I do miss seeing the scenery from up close. But it’s nice to have something fast (well, sort of fast) to get from Point A to Point B sooner than my 150, DC-3, or Zenith. Good night! :sleeping:

10 Likes

Did a post-SU14 test flight at Madeira (LPMA):

Both MSFS and the landing was pretty smooth, luckily I had no issues :smiling_face:

Full video later here:

6 Likes

Adak Alaska to Dutch Harbor Alaska in the Fokker F28 4000 late last night

1 Like

Have to try it out when you are done.

Well, here goes…

Well, that was smooth as butter

SU14 test - Ferry flight EBBR - EHAM

Love the new colours, looking more natural

Cheers,
Nish

12 Likes

As part of my ‘Sim-plane-I’ve-not-yet-flown-since-I-started-three-years-ago’ series, I flew the jaunty little Pipistrel around my hometown. Pre-SU. KEMT-KWHP.

7 Likes

Dutch Harbor Alaska to Kodiak international Alaska in the Fokker f28 4000

1 Like

El Catey to San Juan P.R.

Got to pass over Old San Juan and Fort San Felipe beautifully lit up.

7 Likes

Perth (YPPH) to Paraburdoo (YPBO), maybe an airport not expecting me…

Preparing and departing Perth

Drastic change of landscape (but still impresive)

:

Final approach and landing:

Definitely not expecting me, passengers may need a little jump :sweat_smile: as no stairs are available:

4 Likes