What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Next 2 legs of Portugal bush trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LPCO :airplane: LPSC :airplane: LPEV
Today it was quite windy in Portugal. On the first leg I had almost 30kn tailwind. Unfortunately the situation was not much better at Santa Cruz airport. I did 3 go-arounds because of strong gusts. I guess I should just continue to next airport, because landing afterwards had a big bounce. And when I tried to back-taxi the runway, I realized the wind was stronger than expected, because I had hard time turning on the ground.
On the next leg the wind was less turbulent (also more flat region), but still strong. Difference between heading and tracking was 15°. Evora airport had much smaller winds at the ground level, so landing was not a problem.

11 Likes

VietJet Air, Airbus A320-214, VN-A695 from Singapore (WSSS) to Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi (VTBS)

10 Likes

This is the Cessna 207 and below us is Seattle. Just out for a little sunset flight from KPAE to KOLM.

Fine views everywhere you look.

The airport spares no expense on their holiday light display.

Just an observation about the C207, since I began taking flight instruction IRL I have been flying all of the GA planes in the sim, trying to see how close I can get to landing it the way we do in realsies. I’ve been able to coax some of the most amazing flares out of the Stationair, in this session I literally pulled my Alpha Yoke back all the way, right as the stall horn sounded and then gently down on the main gears. As the nose settled I saw that my application of right rudder was sufficient to wind me up right on the centerline. The C207 is the best $10 I’ve spent in a very long time!

8 Likes

Little Nav Map Profile Calibration Flight for the FSR500. Submitted for review and approval today.

6 Likes

Turning Final, Key West Runway 9.

9 Likes

I haven’t been to the forum in quite a while so it’s great to see all the amazing MSFS experiences the community has been enjoying!

No photos this time but a couple short (1 min) vids…

Langley BC (CYNJ) to Kelowna BC (CYLW)

Titusville Florida (KTIX) to Nassau, in the Bahamas (MYNN)

Happy Holidays and Happy Flying! :sunglasses: :airplane:

6 Likes

Just bought the JU-52. Watched ITBS’ review to get some tips, and found this a much easier crate to fly than the DC-3. The livery I got has not aged well and the creator is not responding - the prop hubs are pink, meaning the graphics have been passed by all the sim updates. What you see here are angles that don’t show the engines from the front. Too bad, it’s the livery from ‘Where Eagles Dare’ so I’ll not do the Austria flight I wanted to try. This was a quick training circuit around Noervenich, by the Belgian border.

11 Likes

Dassault Rafale M over southern Pakistan

Karachi, Pakistan, engulfed in an eternal blanket of smog

Black beaches and black waters of Karachi, Pakistan, resulting from gallons of sewer water emptying into the sea incessantly

Black beaches and black waters of Karachi, Pakistan, resulting from million of gallons of sewer water emptying into the sea incessantly every hour.

7 Likes

Had one of my first flights with the fly by wire a320. Great plane and I’m very impressed what’s available for free!

-Bram
SkyLane

6 Likes

Headed to LFMN

9 Likes

Got totally Blown-Away (last night) and Amazed by SayIntentionsAI ATC addon.

Was still “checking it out” 6 hours later at 4:30am, I was so IMMERSED with it.

A “Simulation Changer”
(Do not think it appropriate to call it a “Game Changer” : )

4 Likes

Just a short trip into the city today!

3 Likes

Cessna T207a from KMYF to the Borrego area. The more I land this plane, the more I like it, I’ve been able to dial in the most realistic feeling flares with this plane. Plus I like the vibe of driving a big ol Cessna around. I envision removing some of the seats to make room for a deflated Zodiac boat and a small motor for some kind of adventure. Barring that, lots more touch and go’s to go.

9 Likes

Hauling from John Wayne to S.L. Obispo, since MS-Asobo is paying for the gas. :smile:

8 Likes

I finished Portugal bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LPEV :airplane: LPSI :airplane: LPFR
It was less windy today, but still some turbulence. However, no strong gusts at landings, so landings were ok. At least I had nice sunset to follow, that was not blinding at final.

10 Likes

Short trip from JFK over downtown Manhattan, landed in Central Park.
They really should cut the grass a bit:

11 Likes

Early morning flight from New York(KJFK) to Boston(KBOS), Iris PC-21, Live weather, FSLTL AI traffic.

7 Likes

The day began at Bute airfield and then I travelled anti-clockwise around the Isle of Arran. I visited the island’s two distilleries, an uninhabited island on the southern tip (Pladda) and the highest point on the island (Goat Fell - 2,867 ft).

Isle of Arran at sunrise :camera_flash:

Over Kilbrannan Sound - I fly with ‘RandFailures’, so I have to climb quite a bit over the water

Lagg Distillery :tumbler_glass: (arrow); field landing (pink line)

Pladda island; field landing (pink line)

Dusty landing

Goat Fell; you can see the summit cairn (arrow)

Lochranza Distillery :tumbler_glass: (arrow); field landing (pink line)

Almost home again - look at the fuel gauge! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Frankfurt am Main (EDDF) to London Gatwick (EGKK) in the Longitude

Had some issues with the 8.33kHz spacing on vatsim, but in the end I managed to find a workaround and had a really satisfying flight. Although Gatwick tower only cleared me to land when I was just about to go around…and I guess IRL I should have gone around.

Video a lot later here:

8 Likes

Las Vegas(KLAS) to Phoenix(KPHX), Iris PC-21, live weather, FSLTL AI traffic…

6 Likes