What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Leg Four of Hammerfest to Cape Town, ESNN Sundsvall to ESSB Broma (Stockholm)

I started this leg yesterday with clear skies and a new livery (thanks to @dubnewt2648.) However, two things turned this into a nightmare - a weird sound issue where my HMD kept switching outputs and the Bing/Server issue - so I only completed a third of the flight.

New livery in good conditions

Todays (re)flight started in 100% cloud cover at ESNN and heavy rain but eventually cleared to sparse rain clouds.

Passing Sundsvall:

For the first time I had a massive loss of manifold pressure whilst over the water, no idications of anything wrong but a steady and continual loss of pressure. Then I remembered carburetor icing being a factor with the A2A Comanche and fumbled for the carb heat - everything went back to normal once I’d got that sorted. Interesting though as I’d assumed that would take some very icy and cold conditions but, pic below, it was 10c OAT and fairly clear but for some patchy rain. Love the Comanche and hugely impressed with A2A!

Carb icing under these conditions

12 Likes

A quick flight from Brussels Charleroi (EBCI) to London City (EGLC) in VR in the Longitude using BeyondATC

I was a bit worried about BATC as it not yet have a VR screen, but luckily it got all my responds, so there was no need to click answers, which would have been rather impossible in VR.

Unfortunately landing was so bad, that video record was confiscated by the authorities so it will not be uploaded :disappointed_relieved: :grimacing:

9 Likes

In my new H130, on a prominence (can’t decide whether it’s a hill or a mountain) overlooking the Rhône valley in Switzerland.

You might think I could have improved my landing spot a bit, but trust me, that … whatever is pointier than it looks.

You can just about make out Sion Airport in the distance if you’re seeing the image at full resolution and you squint hard enough. That’s where I took off from…

… and that’s where I returned.

Not quite on the H but not intolerable for a first session.

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking about buying BATC as I’d like to use (well, learn to be truthful) the correct responses. Without a VR panel at the moment and not knowing the correct terminology my thoughts were I could set it to auto respond/co pilot respond and start to learn them whilst we wait for VR implementation.

As a VR user, who obviously knows the responses required, have you any thoughts on my thinking? Good idea or hold off until VR is included?

Thanks

1 Like

What an interesting day… Nubian Pyramids (nope), Tikal (nope) finally gave up on the pyramids and went back to churches first stop: Sacré-Cœur, Paris

4 Likes

Started with a virtual weekend away from Liverpool (EGGP) to Cornwall - Newquay (EGQH) in the FSR500 - tricky weather but a nice flight overall.

Spent a couple of hours fixing some broadband issues (bad cable, finally sorted), once sorted went for a pootle around London - nothing but photogrammetry issues…

Some sort of woodpecker attacking buildings in the London docklands…

Cheers, Neil.

7 Likes

I think they are having server problems, when I originally started the game myself it took a long time to boot up, which is unlike the game. I know they had server issues yesterday, the folks here at FlightSimulator.com posted about it.

1 Like

Stall spin recovery around KROC in the default x Cub

2 Likes

WOW, I certainly hope Microsoft fixes these servers soon, this is getting sad. I may have to take some time away from flying for a bit.

Decided to check out: Notre-Dame de Paris
Remember back in 2019 the fire gutted a good portion of it?. Well, it turns out I crashed into an invisible object (check video)

3 Likes

So I got the Fox. Pretty awesome actually!

7 Likes

Haven’t had as much flying time as normal, so D-Day is still in my mind.

11 Likes

This hangar is big no sound is heard, and out of the roof

1 Like

A quick joy ride in the F-5 this morning. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Flying the H145 in the Alps in, um, mixed weather. At one point all I could see was the windscreen wipers failing to move the rain off the windscreen. Which is a little concerning when you’re not necessarily the highest point in the terrain.

Luckily the occasion parting of the waters occurred, and I was eventually able to make my way the long way round to my destination airfield, Aviosuperficie Chavez-Marini (thank goodness for cut and paste), LICH, in Italy’s bit of the Alps. But you can see what I was having to dodge (or not dodge, as the case may be).

5 Likes

A couple of trips down in Cornwall in the FSR500. It was really windy, took a lot of effort with an Xbox controller to get it down OK.

Stil finding some elements of the G1000 troublesome but learning a bit each flight.

Neil.

2 Likes

The Sacred Mosque of Mecca

I’ll be honest, I saw the two circles on the building and thought to myself I could land on that, so I tried. Didn’t go so well

2 Likes

Beautiful end of the day flight from Venice(LIPZ) to Milan Linate(LIML), Iris PC-21, Active Sky weather, FSLTL ai traffic.

9 Likes

Sounds like a blast. I’m new to setting up my flight simulator but I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Six days of trying to figure out sudden CTDs (might’ve been a new AAL livery, as I trashed it and CTDs stopped), horrid stutters (didn’t stop even with GPU driver update, so after massive and conflicted reading, I did what I have never had to do in four years - I reloaded the game). At any rate, after doing all that reading, I culled out unneeded sim apps and 3rd-party mods and got myself back on my horse. I’m still in the process of seeing what needs to be reconnected.

Just a simple flight, MYNN - KDCA. BYATC did fine, but failed me on the 19 visual approach, giving me a straight-in line up over the city rather than the Potomac wiggle and turn. I followed the ATC as I didn’t know of an alternative method that would allow me to have ATC on the ground. Plenty to learn.

7 Likes

Flew the md80 from Rochester to Charlotte

2 Likes