What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Flew the md80 from Rochester to Charlotte

2 Likes

LFPG-ESSA

5 Likes

Some of you may be aware of a lovely little aviation film featuring a Harry Bliss, and his long suffering wife.

The film concerns density altitude, and its effects on aircraft performance. For a while now I had been planning on following the journey as described in the video, and luckily we actually have a V-tail Bonanza in the sim, courtesy of Carenado, that is hopefully similar to the one featured in the film.

Below is the flight plan I created. Tunnel Meadow is a disused airstrip, so I had to add a custom waypoint for that one. I also had to make some educated guesses as to the location of the final airport near Tunnel Meadow. It looks pretty close to the one featured in the video, but if anyone has a better idea of what it might be, please let me know.

VFR Lakefront (KNEW) to Lone Pine (O26).pln (3.8 KB)

Configuration of the plane was as follows.

The emphasis here was to have a heavily loaded plane at close to MTOW, flying at around midday to emphasise the effects of density altitude.

So far I have completed the longest stage, a fairly boring, uneventful flight over mostly flat terrain. The video describes a layover between Lakefront, and Denver, so I picked a half way spot at Wiley Post, in Oklahoma city.

Travelling at 8000ft, 20", and 2500rpm, leaned out to a hair under 13gal/hr, I was doing roughly 170kts the whole way. Refuelling at Wiley Post, then pushing on to KDEN, and being assigned 17L, then the expected long taxi ride to parking at 183.

Total for this leg is as follows:

I expect the next flight will take me all the way to Page Municipal, and the individual legs are much shorter, with the longest being less than half the first two halves of the first leg.

9 Likes

Flew a successful test flight in the PMDG DC-6. What a nice bird.

I think we watched that density altitude film back in flight school…

9 Likes

Flew the Cowan 125 heli from Charlotte to downtown Knoxville

2 Likes

Trip in the Bernese Alps with an off-field landing on the outskirts of Grindelwald

5 Likes

EGFF - EGVN - EGSU - EGXC landing on RW25 in low cloud

6 Likes

I did nothing in MSFS today, since I’m blocked out of the game for days by the servers. It feels a bit like theft by now.

The parking marshal did his best Psy impersonation with a little dance at the end of a delightful flight from Wellington to Queenstown.

Screenshot_20240617_003932

NZWN-NZQN

I then flew YMML Melbourne to YPAD Adelaide.

I also went for a sightseeing flight in the Fox, around the Virgin Islands, from St Thomas to Road Town, with a low pass over Hurricane Hole.

I took the SayIntentions tour guide with me and it was great fun, she was quite knowledgeable.

6 Likes

Cologne Cathedral

3 Likes

Flight from Tunis(DTTA) to Palermo(LICJ), Iris PC-21, Active Sky weather, FSLTL ai traffic.
Rather nice hand flown ILS approach to rwy 25.

6 Likes

Lots of practice routes in the FSR500 - I’ve become really good at entering data and understanding the complexities of the G1000. Sadly for me I picked a route to work out how it manages VNAV and it turned out to a route that just wasn’t viable for the approach I had chosen - took me quite a while to realise that was the issue not me for a change!

All good now though so I’ve parked her up for the night to watch the Euro24.

Neil.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a vatsim flight for a while now, so I decided to go for it, being sunday afternoon and managed to set up a flight plan to and from a controlled airport.

Bremen (EDDW) to London Gatwick (EGKK) in the Longitude:

I kind of failed the landing, but it was quite fun flying with both traffic and ATC being real people. I’ve said it before, and I say it again, when all things click on vatsim, then nothig beats it.

Full video:

5 Likes

LEPA>LSGG Majorca to Geneva. This was a beautiful flight! Swiss Air 7436 is a mouthful. :no_mouth:
Perfect landing at Geneva. :butter: :smirk:

Beautiful approach. What a view!!

5 Likes

Flew the Cessna 207 From Knoxville downtown to Cincinnati municipal

2 Likes

@GOTAWAKEMAN - It’s been like that for a few days. I’ve had to shut it down and restart it in order for the game to load on many occasions. I know it was once reported they were having server issues, I believe that was around Thursday or Friday. But it’s clear that a few hiccups still exist. It’s annoying, and the only workaround is what I’ve mentioned

2 Likes

ESSA-EDDF (default)

5 Likes

Fort Lauderdale to KIngston. Went well, but I’d thought I’d bought Kingston. The free mod was OK, the ILS was askew. BATC performed well.

7 Likes

I did a short flight in VR from Graz (LOWG) to Innsbruck (LOWI) in the Longitude

The flight was deliberately a short one, I just wanted to record the landing both in 2D and 3D.

Here you go:

2D:

3D:

8 Likes

Making a North-South-North Worldtour.Just Landed in Dunedin Airport New Zealand.Now halfway down.Still 18800km to go back to EHRD

7 Likes