What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Quick flight from Rome(LIRF) to Naples(LIRN), Iris PC-21, Active Sky weather, FSLTL ai traffic.

7 Likes

EGFF to EDLP , spotted another 146 in the wild!

8 Likes

I bought BATC over the weekend and thought I’d use it on an IFR flight for the next leg of my trip from the top to the bottom (Hammerfest to Cape Town.)

Bromma ESSB (Stockholm ) across to (ESGT) Trollhattan where I’ve visited GKN Aerospace previously for work, I thought it would be nice to have a flyover and land at the old airport rather than drive up from Gothenburg as I did irl.

Unfortunately I hadn’t switched all the necessary ATC aids of in-game and this left me with an incomplete BATC experience during the flight (entirely my own fault.) Between a bit of sightseeing and confusion around ATC’s lack of communication it left a messy flight track on Little Navmap.

Today I continued from ESGT down to EKCH: Kastrup (Copenhagen) again, using BATC but this time having set things up properly.

Some early weather gets left behind.

FL 060 just south of Gothenburg

Varberg over the Starboard wing

Looking back over my Port wing at Falkenberg with it’s wind turbines and, of course, the home to Ablaze My Sorrow, By Night and Sonic Sydicate - all Death metal bands ranging from extreme death metal to melodic death metal. Source: the internet :innocent:

Then came the disasterous and shameful end to the flight. Once I got to Erbuk it all just went wrong. The airport was covered by clouds, I’d lost any form of waypoint to line me up with the airport and only after faffing around for way too long did I use my localizer to find my way back on course. All in all my IFR flight ending as a VFR flight once I dipped under the clouds and got an eye on the runway.

I imagine I would have been hauled off to someones office very quickly to explain myself. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Next flight I’ve got lined up …FS Academy’s IFR School!

9 Likes

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and Saint Basil’s Cathedral
Didn’t realize they were so close.

3 Likes

KLUK to Indianapolis international airport in the atr 42 600

2 Likes

Milan Cathedral

I attempted to land on the roof of the Cathedral, it looked like a runway (second picture) it did not go so well…

3 Likes

Flight from Asturias(LEAS) to Porto(LPPR), Iris PC-21, Active Sky weather, FSLTL ai traffic.
Some bad weather at Porto, had to do an ILS approach to rwy 17 down to minimums. Really awesome seeing that runway :smiley:

8 Likes

Spirt Wings 217 (NKS217)
KLAS-KRNO (Las Vegas NV- Reno NV)
Deboarding at gate B6 in Reno

6 Likes

Hi folks,
Some off-topic posts have been removed.

In the spirit of this topic, please keep posts related to what you did as far as flying in MSFS. If you are having an issue, been troubleshooting or need assistance, please use an appropriate category on the forum.

Thanks!
The MSFS Team

1 Like

Gatwick to Frankfurt as LH1523, carrying English football fans for Thursday’s Euro 2024 match against Denmark. It just so happens that the match venue, the Frankfurt Arena is right on final approach for runway 25R, which was the duty runway for arrivals this evening! :soccer:

Just a word of caution for anyone else who’s installed the freeware Aviotek EDDF Frankfurt Main Airport from Orbx this week… make sure you remove the default EDDF from the content manager or you’ll get building double ups, missing AI traffic and a framerate slideshow upon arrival. Doh!

5 Likes

Having a superlative time touring California in the A2A Comanche. This plane really does draw you in, with its preflight walkarounds in VR, and its towbar, and even my nice luggage and tools it came with! So much to unpack (see what I did there?)

I spent some time in Redding and took the Rans S6S for some side missions landing at the various Parallel 42 sites.

Getting used to the Comanche, love it when I get things dialed in so well.

Made it to San Francisco! Virtual tourism at its finest.

6 Likes

I feel like I’ve found the most amazing place on the planet! I’ve been continuing this desert trek and I got down to Price Utah and then to Green River Muni in utah and then on to UT53 at Moab. The scenery got progressively more amazing and I can’t wait (very much hope) to see this (and other) area(s) in TIN or similar.

and a bonus

13 Likes

Dusted off the Vision Jet after doing a lot of testing for other folks. This one’s for fun.

The circular pattern off the port wing is the General Motors Proving Ground in Yuma, AZ. Pretty neat to see from this high up.

9 Likes

I’m flying to Alaska from Arkansas​:+1::+1:

4 Likes

Norman Manley to Mucu Santiago De Cuba. CRJ did well. Connections worked after the reinstallation.

6 Likes

First try with the H130

5 Likes

First VATSIM flight with the DC-6. KJAN-KTYS

6 Likes

Two nights ago, I finally started the sim again after a long, long break caused by work and move. Sim-updates, city updates, aircraft updates, etc took a big portion of the evening allowing me only a short flight in the middle of the night. The late hour inspired me to repeat an earlier experience: flying by the light of the midnight sun. In VR, as always. It was magical, serene and beautiful.

Yesterday I wanted to continue the flight for a bit, getting reacquainted with the basics again. It started and ended less than ideal: I failed to enable my newly purchased airplane before starting the sim and I couldn’t afford the time to restart. Later, when switching from VR to flat screen mode in order to grab a screenshot, the sim crashed. But I did at least get to enjoy some flying and a handful of touch-and-go:s, once again illuminated by the simulated midnight sun.

Today, I’m looking forward to the next slot of time I get to spend in the sim.

10 Likes

8 Likes

That looks absolutely AMAZING. Guess I’m turning East toward Utah now, I seen enough of California!!!

1 Like