What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Blue Mosque, Istanbul and Hagia Sophia

Didn’t realize the two were so close.

4 Likes

Picked up this really nice freeware F-4 from flightsim.to.

9 Likes

I remember being told during my student days that during WWII the US military had a minimum IQ requirement for every occupation in the service - except for filing clerks, for which there was a maximum IQ requirement of 110.

Somehow that came back to me this morning as I trawled through Flightsim.to picking up as many as possible of the third-party freeware airfields in Washington State - I’m planning on eventually having everything in the North-West Pacific region I can find in order to flesh out a bush-flying playground, just as I’ve picked up almost everything in the Alps to serve as a helicopter heaven.

It’s not just a matter of grabbing and installing: I archive the files and log details of the airfields in a spreadsheet to avoid duplicates, and to know who did what.

By the time I’d finished, if I’d had a mind to start with it would have been numb. And, heaven help me, I’ve still got to do the same for Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia.

Then this evening I grabbed Got Friends’ Mini 500 and set out to see what I had done. I left from Gray Army Airfield (which is actually a helicopter base, KGRF, well stocked by its maker with Chinooks) and set off northish to fly over what looks like an island in Puget Sound, but is actually (only just) a peninsula, with a view to looking at the third-party airfields there.

The only problem was (you might think I should have noticed before taking off, but see above) there weren’t any.

Still, if you’ve never seen a default airfield before, they look something like this:

4 Likes

Pick any two of three.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Random performance drops

AKL to CHC as JQ225, experimenting running with an upscaled display resolution. Very happy with the sharpness as of 1 from 1 test flights go!

10 Likes

Flew the Fokker f28 4000 from Indianapolis Indiana to Charlotte North Carolina

1 Like

Pee-Wee says: I flew a solo tour over the Cotentin Peninsula in our custom C-47/DC-3, looking for historic sites related to the Allied invasion of Europe. You can read the two-part writeup at Pee-Wee and Nag’s Skytours (and Other Thoughts).

Our little lady ready to go at Cherbourg.

Bristol dodged this bullet…er, missile.

Blimps, dirigibles, aerostats…whatever :smirk:

There’s an airfield here somewhere…

The site of the most horrible signpost in history.

The most famous manor home in Normandy.

“We’ll start the war from right here.”

Not an Energizer, but still a battery.

11 Likes

After being introduced to an app called Lossless Scaling, I spent the whole evening actually doing some laps in the FBW A32NX with FSLTL injecting live traffic getting consistently smooth frame rates that never dropped below 30. It was the best experience in MSFS for me yet, way better performance than I ever thought I would get on this old machine. I blissfully got a good feel for the A32NX and I like it very much…very very nice. I even followed a line of airplanes landing and didn’t even have to go around or anything. What a great MSFS experience! :smiley:

6 Likes

The northern coast of Norway has some wonderful scenery. My flight today took me from Leknes (ENLK) to Bodo (ENBO):
Leknes (ENLK) to Bodo (ENBO) 0

Heading down the peninsular:

This airfield northwest of the hamlet of Sorland is closed and does not appear in the world map, but you can still land there:

Approaching Rost (ENRS) - lot’s of sea mist:

After a 54 NM over-water flight, we approach the coast & Bodo:

Here we are at Bodo. Can’t land right now, though - there’s a flight about to depart for Gardermoen…

OK, it’s on its way. Clear to land now:

10 Likes

In the early morning I flew from Mattituck to Gardiners Island - including two beach landings.

10 Likes

Honolulu to Long Beach. Crazy vis ending on the 12. Is that even a thing? BATC thinks so

8 Likes

Charlotte nc to Pittsburgh PA in the ATR 72 600

2 Likes

Some turnarounds in a 737-600:
LEPA->LXGB
LXGB->LPMA
LPMA->GCTS

And right now I am on approach from LKPR to EPKK in the A320 V2

2 Likes

Castel Sant’Angelo - this concludes my tour of places of worship, I know that many more exist and I have ignored many. But the ones I chose were mostly randomly chosen

5 Likes

Finished the Hawaii Bush Trip. Last leg took me over Kilauea.

7 Likes

Decided to take the Ford Trimotor on a mail run following CAM 4 from the Arrows Across America dlc from LA to Salt Lake City. Had to make an intermediate stop in Las Vegas to unload mail (Ok - ran out of time because of RL :slight_smile:

11 Likes

flew from Telluride to Farmington (Four Corners Regional or something like that).

10 Likes

Pittsburgh PA to Rochester NY in the ATR 42 600 just short hopping around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

flew the A2A Comanche from Palermo, Sicily to Trapani

Just loving the sim with this aircraft.

7 Likes