What does it mean when the rotating circle is always displaying?

I am flying in the UK and the thing is non-stop spinning. I’m not sure what to call it, but I’ve thought it had to do with something downloading, like scenery, it looks like a snake chasing its tail, and in the lower right part of the display. Usually it’s rare, but it’s been steady for 30 minutes so far.

I remember asking zendesk about this is a previous ticket a few months ago.

Their response was that it was an indication that the sim was using online services e.g. downloading scenery from bing maps etc. or syncing with the cloud.

Upon further investigation I have also discovered that when running in offline mode this ‘circle’ can also appear. It also shows when creating a rolling cache file so it clearly also can indicate HD activity.

One thing you may wish to try, if you have rolling cache turned on, is turn it off (temporarily) and see if the circle goes away. It may be that deleting your rolling cache file may correct the issue for good (and a new one may be able to be created without the constant circle?)

1 Like

Clearly it sounds like you have an unusual situation on your hands right now. But I also wanted to point out that there is a relevant Wishlist topic for people who find this distracting while in flight:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.