What does the f18 super hornet say E/F when it is just the E variant?

Ive been flying the f18 for a while now and cant figure out why it says E/F when the F is the two seater and it is not in the game.Does anyone know if the F version is in the game and if so how to use it

2 Likes

My guess would be simple ignorance.

What do you mean by that

That if someone googles ā€˜super hornetā€™ theyā€™ll see that itā€™s designated F/A-18E/F and not realise that refers to the two different versions.

1 Like

i ask this question to my self, and my self answer to me developers must be have a planes to add f version, i donā€™t think beardybrun is right, but donā€™t exclude this horrible version

1 Like

Ye thats what i thought, too once i saw i could not find it in the planes section.Theyll probably add it with the top gun update right

1 Like

This is an honest question. Iā€™m not trying to start an argument.

If the -F model was available, would you prefer to fly it over the -E? Why?

1 Like

One thing about the F is that Microsoft is actually making the game to weā€™re you and your friend can be in the same plane if it has two seats, and for this the E does not have a ā€œWSOā€ or back seat and if they add F which does one Iā€™ll be able to fly with my friend in the same aircraft

My guess is the upcoming expansion: as the F variant features in the movie, that variant plus some basic carrier ops (perhaps plus the basic Reno Mustang in different markings and that one fictional aircraft) will form the upcoming DLC.

But what would carrier ops add over the freeware stuff available already? The freeware one even has animated crew and what not. Doubt Asobo is able to surpass that.

Hard to say, but between the preview video from last fall, and the fact the the files for the ā€œmeatballā€ system are already in the game, we know carrier ops are planned.

1 Like

Why would they add the F variant because isnā€™t the F variant backseat called the WSO or weapon systems operator, I could only see them doing that if the intend to bring in mock dogfights or something like that. What do you think

Because itā€™s the one used in the movie, if I remember the trailer correctly.

Oh yeah that could be the reason, if they add this do you think theyll update the already f18e super hornet with new stuff or you think the one we have now is the one we will get

I suspect they will surpass it. The new carriers look like theyā€™ve got working elevators. Weā€™ll soon know more since a trailer for the expansion is imminent.

Moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems

When do you they usually release trialers for stuff like this

The said in the last dev Q+A that weā€™d see the next Top Gun expansion trailer very soon.

I cant wait for the carrier stuff or anything to get the jet jockeys out of nominal airspace.

I think that the F variant will follow next. But what we really need is the external stores/fuel tanks for the current F-18, a ā€œMUSTā€ have!!