What happens to us Alpha, Beta testers?

Has anyone one of you guys received any info. on further involvement in testing? I heard there was a possibility we will continue to do testing in future builds…

I reckon if they want us, they know where to find us :wink:

5 Likes

You get a pat on the head, a cookie and a special tag I guess. And you got to play the game before the rest of us. Only problem is if you talk about it with any of us microsoft will delete you from the matrix and no one will know you ever existed.

3 Likes

We get the satisfaction of having reported many bugs over several months with no feedback, and in the release, the bugs came with us.
But come on, it was fun flying round not seeing anything except trees and trying to take off in zero wind in the 172, wasn’t it? Oh, and I almost forgot. And grass growing though the cockpit floor on all the taxi ways.
Just rest on the fact that you can tell your grand kids that you were one of the first!

5 Likes

And what became of the surprise we were going get, perhaps this is it…

They should reset the tester list. Time for new people. Let’s give a chance to the people who got nothing before.

IMHO everyone who bought FS2020 is basically a beta tester now, and can use Zendesk to report bugs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope nothing…

:rofl: what a surprise it is!

What were you expecting?

I wasn’t expecting to be slated by the public for not getting all the bugs sorted! That’s a nasty surprise.

2 Likes

not sure what ‘slated’ means, but I’m assuming you feel like the community is blaming you?

Maybe they/we should, or maybe we shouldn’t? Dunno. You know how beta testers are…most just want early access. They don’t want to put in the time to truly test tiny segments of the software because, frankly, true beta testing is boring.

So I think some blame is justified, and some understanding is warranted. It’s just impossible to separate the two.

People blame alpha testers for the same reason they want Asobo devs to post in the forum: They want to toss the blame directly at anyone they choose.

They ignore the fact that software as complex as this will have conflicts of all sorts with various hardware, drivers, etc. until all the kinks get ironed out.
They ignore the fact that many people with issues have systems that barely run the sim, abysmal internet connections, and/or running mods and tweaks that cause more problems than they fix.

Blaming alpha testers is not justified. It’s been shown in numerous posts and tweets across the web exactly why they hate us. They weren’t invited into the program, so they include us in their blame game.

3 Likes

yep…everybody was all praise of FS…I love flightsim dont get me wrong…But MS dropped the ball on this one

I believe us beta testers were just hype and advertising for MSFS 2020. A lot of people got really excited with the whole thing. Was very smart for Microsoft to do this in my opinion…

1 Like

If this buggy arcade game is what customers got after alpha and beta, then I assume it’s not going to make any difference again in the future.

Blaming alpha and beta testers is like blaming the test subjects in a medical study or trial. Or blaming the people in a focus group. All they are doing is giving feedback. They have no control over what happens with that feedback.

Same thing happens with consultants on movies and tv shows. They can tell the producers and directors what is realistic but that doesn’t mean anyone is actually going to listen to them.

Now are the testers thought don’t put in effort to report things or test specific things? I am sure there are. I am sure some just wanted the game. I would suspect even those people are contributing in some way though. I would imagine there is some sort of trackin or reporting software built in the program that collects data and sends it back to the company. Most programs have it now.

I am sorry if you feel like people are blaming you as a tester for issues with the sim. That is out of line and uncalled for. I have seen many alpha and beta testers that are very upset that things they reported on were not fixed or addressed. Heck from what I can see the pre release version was better than the final release. Not sure what happened there lol.

5 Likes

No. All testers can do is report, we can’t fix. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Im not necessarily blaming testers, Im saying they did not help at all: either MS doesn’t care, or they were not knowledgeable enough, or MS cares and knows about the issues but is incompetent.

1 Like

You aren’t qualified to make such a statement. You don’t know what all was tested since the first alpha.

2 Likes