What in this update broke the fps?

Been playing for about a month on a GTX 2060. No issues at all until this patch dropped today. FPS is in the toilet now Less that 20fps. I can’t even get around the cockpit on the ground without horrible stuttering and lagging.

Pulled up task manager while in game and noticed my CPU is nearly maxed out (i5-6600) but the GPU is at 3% or less. Its like its not even being used.

Again, this just happened today with the new patch. Its been working perfectly fine for me up until I downloaded this ■■■■ thing an hour ago.

36 Likes

Same experience here too. Something is badly broken.

10 Likes

Any mods / custom liveries installed? If so, remove them, or wait for their authors to update them.

Same experience here, have submitted a ticket and suggest anyone else suffering the same to do also here: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

7 Likes

Same here. No mods or anything in community folder. It’ll be fine for a while, but for about a minute frames will plummet to around 10fps and then it’ll be good again

3 Likes

First time I’ve had such FPS / stuttering problems. Extreme problems for about 10secs then smooth for a few minutes then stuttering again.

14 Likes

Major FPS drops and the stuttering fest is back boys…
single digits drops without any reason…
no mods installed.

5 Likes

No mods. Just vanilla game.

2 Likes

@Uzura2203 Exactly my problem

2 Likes

Went ahead and submitted a trouble ticket. I encourage everyone here to do the same. Something is definitely broken in this patch.

4 Likes

Ah good, the more of us do this the better, the only way it’ll get fixed

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

This was already the case in the last version and I’ve made a ticket on zendesk:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/93650

The only response I got was some generic problem solving, this is just a part of the message I got before my ticket was closed.

1 Like

The best one… “Did you restart your PC?” :rofl:
How’s about just fix the stutters…

6 Likes

Then in this case we just need to keep submitting tickets until they acknowledge it’s an issue on their end

3 Likes

If it was as easy as ‘just fixing it’, they would have done it a long time ago.
The more (and more specific) information they get about what hardware / software / driver combinations trigger this behaviour (it’s not happening to everyone), the better.

1 Like

I experiencied same issues after todays patch

I was testing on the contrails with the A320neo getting 65-70fps then all of a sudden GPU drops to 2-3% and only 5 FPS locked; lasted about 5 minutes. Opened task manager and it magically started working again.

1 Like

Not implying this will fix, but it DOESN’T hurt to try. I am getting 25-30 fps currently at ULTRA on 4k. RTX 3080.

1 Like

Try to turn off AI traffic and see if that helps.

I experiencied same issues after todays patch, I have never had anything like this before.

2 Likes