What is the minimum internet speeds for MSFS 2020?

Hi there, I was wondering what the minimum internet speed is for MSFS 2020? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here’s a link that should answer your question completely. Obviously, faster is better. :slight_smile:

I’m on 100mb/s fibe and it respond very very good in any condition.

André

When my LAN was broken the other day I used my 4G mobile as hotspot and it run fine with photogrammetry, live weather and multiplayer off. You should not do this on patch day however, unless you want to download a week or two :smile:

As mentioned above the official one is 20mb/s. I have around 30mb/s (side street, 100m (300ft) away from a 1gb/s fiber :frowning: , which is actually cheaper *) and it works very well. Sometimes I can see some loading but since even my internet is not utilized fully it’s rather server side throttling.
The only downside is the slow update download speed. Full game is around 10 hours.

• Which no company wants to extend to my house because it’s a bureaucratic nightmare. Not worth it for one customer.

I’m currently running at a solid 28Mbps, waiting for the line to be upgraded. But I rarely see any problems and won’t worry if the upgrade fails. (BT needs to install a new cable in the road outside my house - the hole is there…!)

But for some reason on update day it only downloads at around 15Mbps - server throttling?

50 mb BT connection works fine for me. Would be interesting to compare the differences between different speeds. How quick the game catches up when you slew, differences in loading times etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.