What is your favourite thing to do in MSFS2020?

Map ground flying (VFR)…scenery is so good I use it for real life practice…also the area winds are great for 1 in 60 practice as well.

2 Likes

If you are tuned to the tower freq. and land without clearance, they will contact you to let you know you did a bad. Lol.

Thankfully the sim isn’t so real that they give you a number to call when you do something like that. Now that would be immersion. XD

2 Likes

Flying with NeoFly v4 and all it’s features for career flying. Using a Baron G58 and Bonanza G36. I really enjoy flying in Florida, Florida Keys, Gulf of Mexico, Bahamas, Caribbean Sea. Especially when island hopping using real weather.

Nighttime Contraband runs below 1000’ in the tropics is challenging as well.

3 Likes

Two things;

1. Visit amazing places all over the world
  2. Endless laps of the mach loop in the harrier
3 Likes

Turn pc on, go to the coffee machine and make coffee, start the sim and grab the first mug.
After the sim is up and running, select plane and depart location and gate ( cold and dark).
Return to the coffee machine to refill the mug.
Start the plane, file a flightplan, request pushback, wait for the tug to show up, meanwhile grab a 3rd mug of coffee…
Taxi to the designated runway and take-off.
Once en route with AP on, walk to the kitchen and return to the PC with a can of cold beer or a glass of wine, bowl with peanuts and a plate with snacks.
I know… IRL one will loose his/her license doing so but since this is a sim it’s ok…
Happy :small_airplane:

4 Likes

Throwing myself into the fire during very busy events on VATSIM flying light GA aircraft. It’s very fun when there is so much going on over the radio, have really good airport scenery and have model matching to correctly see others.

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing so far!! I have never been able to get it to work properly as my Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder pedals will not center so there stuck on full rudder one way all the time. And having joined this forum to ask how to fix the problem, I find out that I can’t even post a question till I post 5 times on other people’s questions that I know nothing about as I’m new to this sim; makes perfect sense! So, having said all this I’m not impressed with MSFS as it’s ridiculously hard to setup controller’s and even harder to find support when controller don’t work properly. This is 1 of the 5 posts I have to make till I can ask a question on this forum!

4 Likes

Is this when trying to fly helies? I don’t have those, but I had a similar sounding problem with helicopters and the Xbox controller. It defaults the helicopter profile left and right triggers to tail rotor decrement/increment, which does not center when letting off the triggers. Setting them to the rudder axis fixed the problem for me, so maybe something to check out if you haven’t already.

Fly real fast down Main St. lower than the buildings.

2 Likes

Do that down the Las Vegas Strip!

3 Likes

I prefer tour the world … “screesaver-style sightseeing” … country by country (I guess I visited 120 or so by now)

Sadly due to this “drone cam roll” bug …

… it was less fun during the last one and a half year, then prior to #SU5.
… but still very interesting after all.

No, it’s fly fixed winged with Winwing Orion 2 Max, stick & throttle, they work fine.

I call that the “Con Air special” :wink:

3 Likes

I love making emergency landings(and sometimes takeoffs :slight_smile: ) on fields.

2 Likes

Emergency landings seem to be my norm.

But they do say, any landing you can walk away from is a good landing!

3 Likes

Just about anything in VR but recently landing rotaries on helipads.
PNG dirt strips in the Pilatus Porter with the Indonesian side still to explore.
Full flights from cold & dark in PMDGs amazing 737.
Honda jet flights exploring the UK from my Blackbushe base.
Looking forward to carrier based operations.

1 Like

Recently I found an old show on youtube, Dangerous Flights, about ferry pilots. I recently go into the habit of pretending I need to ferry planes around the world to areas they normally won’t be flown to. I enjoy RTW flights with different aircraft to see it’s limitations. I only done it in FSX, I think the add on was called around the world in 80 flights, I tweak the lengths depending on airplane used. Shoot I got so bored with FSX I made a spread sheet of every plane I had based on range and speed. Starting with the slowest planning around the world flights, granted I did accelerate time a bit. This though forced me to land at airports I would have never dreamed off.

1 Like

Flying Bush Trips in auto pilot and enjoy the scenery

2 Likes

Waiting for the IAE which is widely considered as the holy grail of turbines…
At least one screenshot would be enough, only one to see if the IAE is already alive.

1 Like

Sight-seeing for sure. So mostly bush/GA flights, and I’m definitely very partial to mountainous terrain, so you’ll find me in the Alps, Yosemite, NZ Southern Alps, Rockies, Himalayas, etc…

1 Like