What would make MSFS "complete" for you?

This! The traffic needs to be able to fly holdings. Right now ATC just gives clearance to every plane the moment it comes into a certain radius around the airport. Till holdings are possible i would be happy if surplus traffic would just despawn, like if two planes need clearance at the same time one of them disappears, it would look less unrealistic than constant go arounds.

2 Likes

Specially with the plane behavior after going around, just flying in random circles around the airport. It’s nuts.

I like your despawning idea.

As far as I can see, MSFS has ATC at Major Airfields with ILS.
At smaller fields, there is no AFIS to indicate ground level wind details.

GA pilots like myself have NEVER had a realistic experience in this game. We simply ‘pretend’ there is AFIS.
Landing is executed after visually checking the runway and approach by flying in pattern as would be done at an uncontrolled field.
In GA VFR, there is no ‘straight in’ approach and landing.

Even better…
If you can be given the option of all the gates and parking at your destination airport that you can select so that atc can give you directions… (as long as the airport has correctly connected taxiways…)
Nothing more fun that finding yourself going against the flow of traffic when your at an airport such as JFK…

There needs to be more modeled natural wind indicators such smoke coming from burn offs or chimney stacks, more easily identified cloud directions… trees blowing…
Things like that would give the VFR side of things more realistic even for IFR from uncontrolled aerodromes…
But even for example… Taupo my local town, there is a float plane operating from the lake and they have a small weather radar at their portacom/office… there should be an option to select local “unrealistic” current weather forecast whithin the game or when developing a airport, adding a weather radar.

At uncontrolled fields, completing the pattern, maybe twice, to compare the compass vs the airplane’s parallel flight with the runway gives an indication of sidewind.
Or, have a pair of binoculars to take a look at the sock.
I fly VR. TBH, I’ve never tried zooming the cockpit camera out the side window to simulate binoculars :smile:

working (really working, not the ms/Asobo-wOrKInG) ai traffic and atc
this is really all I need
aig manager makes it a lot better but the ai from MSFS is just ridiculous and they dont even think about improving things which is the worst downpoint to me I dont care about study level aircraft or 100% realistic live weather clouds lol I just want to feel like flying in a living world
have to say sometimes, if the stars are standing in the right spot, and the moon is half, and the wolf is howling, msfs is the best piece of software i have ever used. theres just these little things

Fixing live weather snow coverage resolution and the cloud bases on the METAR data being AGL not MSL. Ruins my immersion so often to land somewhere in complete fog and snow when in reality theres just a low cloud layer 1000 above the airport.

There is no such AGL v MSL bug.

There absolutely is, every time I arrive at an airport not at sea level the clouds are completely screwed up. I landed at La Paz reporting CB at 023 and saw near enough clear skies…

Go to an airport at sea level, you will see the same thing. There is nothing to do with AGL it MSL the live weather is just bad compared to what it used to be and it renders all these towering clouds close to the ground.

Not just adding regional airliners but Add More smaller airlines because I like flying shorter flights and we have a lot of long haul aircraft and not enough short body airliners so for me

Add

Embraer E195
Embraer 145
A220 200
Dash 8 200

For me:

• there is a great wishlist, that is reviewed every live Q&A stream. If that is al been done, iam one happy guy
  • regarding planes: there is a lot comming up in 2022 so long story short:

Some patience, and I am more than happy…

-Camera locked to the horizon instead of airframe in VR.
-More realistic flight models.

I apologize for stepping out of context for a moment, but I have to ask. Why would you want the camera locked to the horizon? Legitimate question here.

I have been considering VR. As a RL pilot, when I sit in the cockpit, my head stays inline with the perceived pull of gravity. A straight line from butt to hat, if you will. This IS the way VR currently works, right? If my head/eyes stayed inline with the horizon I think it would feel very un-natural.

I’ve had a few things like that happen to me a few times on certain flight routes. But my ATC assist still works and they still respond to a phantom ATC instructions. If that happens, I’ll just consider it as a faulty headset on my side, so if my F/O is responding to ATC instructions, that means her side of the headset is fully functional.

So I just look at the chat logs for what she said/confirms and apply accordingly. It’s not really that big of a deal, especially the next flight is usually flown without issues.

You’re only accruing 178 hours, I’ve done over 1,500 hours so you just happen to get the ATC issue because you’re here recently. These ATC issues also happen quite recently, so it’s just a coincidence that you just happen to get one creating a false sense that the ATC has always been broken, it’s not. These ATC issues only started happening recently, and they’re rare.

Besides, you’re also flying on the 777-200, I assume this is the CaptainSim version? That aircraft is notorious for it’s lack of quality and bugs, so I wouldn’t put it past it that your issues might be because of that aircraft.

The OAT issue has been reported before and it has been fixed, I haven’t experienced that OAT issue anymore since last month.

Camera locked to horizon is exactly what your “perceived pull of gravity” locked camera is. Currently the way MSFS works your head is locked to the airframe - which is the unnatural and unrealistic way.

We have a very long thread about this issue in VR bugs sub forum. Unfortunately Asobo insists of doing things the wrong way and will not fix this.

Continue to be great by giving updates. SU8 I hear won’t add anything new but will fix bugs. I like that they are constantly trying to improve an already great product.

But to really make it “Complete”…GIVE DALLAS PHOTOGRAMMETRY

1 Like

And this is exactly the biggest problem of these forums… the flagging system. @N420DV post is not inappropriate, and their answer to the question is just as valid as anyone else’s. But since it is critical of the state of the sim, their voice gets silenced by the flaggers – because you have to take a specific action to see it, and most people presume the flagged post isn’t worth clicking because it adds nothing to the discussion.

In my experience, something does tend to go wrong anytime I try to enjoy this sim… and the things I consider priorities to fix just don’t get actioned.

One of the things that tends to go wrong IS ATC. But I have not had my aircraft melt due to impossible OAT.

1 Like

Probably has more to do with this last line. Oy vey