What's going on with msfs?

I started my MSFS today like I’ve been doing for the last year and now it’s asking me for a disk!
What the H*LL is going on?

same issue here…

I suggest you log out of MSFS and any Xbox related apps. Close them and log back in. If the issue persists, then it’s probably an issue with the authentication servers.

5 Likes

Ok Ill give that a try

Exit the program, go get some scotch, put a little ice in it and when you return and restart the program it will work like magic. Or it does for me when that happens.

7 Likes

It’s working now thanks guys

Having the same problem, never had this before today

It’s the first time seeing that too

It’s got to be a server problem.

Looking for a game disk? Resolution? Ah, logged out and back in to ruddy XBOX , drank scotch at the same time, and restarted the game. Bingo.

Looks like this issue might be popping up for people. If my post above helped, please mark it as “The Solution” to high light it for others.

It is likely an issue with XBox Live Services. As @longhorn1tx posted above, the resolution is to go pour yourself a scotch with ice and come back later :slight_smile:. I’m hitting this now too.

1 Like

Good occasion to test this openvr_fsr with XP11 for me.

LOL: a few seconds after I type this FS2020 is now launching… it doesn’t want me to fly X-Plane 11 :rofl:

PS: nevertheless it is still showing some outage here: Xbox Support

The launch client pushed an update in MS store this afternoon. I know this because I was prompted to exit and update upon starting up this afternoon. I also know for certain I was on 18.15 since HF2 was pushed. Still showing 1.18.15.0 in-game.

However, now I am greeted with:

Or “Insert Disk to Continue” on every start-up now. Obviously, insert disk requires a restart, and if I get past it, I get the above.

So…

1. What was his update for???
  2. Please make it go away!

HF2 unstable enough… now… this… /sigh.

EDIT: Should note if I get the license error, I can still play and have full multiplayer functionality.

XBOX-related apps are OKAY. logged in, playing Minecraft with the kids.

The issue is 100% with MSFS… Will come back to it tomorrow…

Good luck. I’ve tried this openvr_fsr on quite a few sims now and I find it very poor. It looks awful. Its so bad that you may as well just reduce your SS level and get a better result. I don’t get the excitement with FSR… its just not very good. DLSS on the other hand… sure… bring it on, especially DLSS 2.1 for VR. YMMV and I will be interested to see your results.

1 Like

@BazzaLB
Thank you for the advice. Finally right after I’ve posted I’ve been able to launch the game so for the short time I was allocating to it, I decided to continue for FS2020 because I realized I didn’t try my new park_white_none variation in VR yet, only in 3D! (and actually it seems to be less white in VR than in 3D but I’ll have to try again)

[UPDATE 1.1.0] Small Taxi Helpers (3D/VR) | Reality XP

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.