Whats going on with the new A32NX?

How about model.cfg in Model AI folder for each livery (if we still want to use the livery for AI traffic)?

[model.options]
withExterior_showInterior=FALSE
withExterior_showInterior_hideFirstLod=FALSE
withInterior_forceFirstLod=FALSE
withInterior_showExterior=FALSE

[models]
normal=..\..\Asobo_A320_NEO\model.AirTraffic\A320_NEO_AIRTRAFFIC.xml

I have found a simpler solution that still allows me to use thee dev mode but have the liveries, simply looked in my recycle bin for a previous version before I updated and installed that, I am happy enough using it in that state, still better than the stable version.

2 Likes

Sadly I deleted my recycling bin right before installing the latest one

If anyone wants a simple livery pack mod that you can just drag and drop using the new A32NX structure. Message me directly and I can share you the link. I have about 72 liveries with me that’s fully compatible with the new A32NX fork. It’s not all the liveries that you may be used to, but I hope it’s enough to get you start flying again.

1 Like

Sorry so it’s a new livery pack of several pre-existing liveries that you changed the files for so they are compatible?

Yes, that’s right. It’s still the same liveries that I had before, I just changed the structure to make it compatible with the new mod version (plus a few changes here and there to correct some inconsistencies as well as standardising the thumbnail)

1 Like

Can you send me the livery of IBERIA (Spain airline) compatible with the new A320NX. Thank you.

The AI plane can still use the default Asobo Airbus. No problems there.

1 Like

Please excuse my ignorance.

I´m not sure if i´m getting this right.

Ok, if I use your edit in a previous post (thanks very much, by the way), now I can use the livery with the new A32NX fork.

And AI traffic still can use the default Asobo Airbus.

Ok, but…

¿Will AI traffic be able to use also the modified livery? Airports filled with default Airbus textures al real inmersion killers… I only “fly” a small number of liveries, but have lots of them in my community folder just to be used at airports to improve inmersion. I don´t want to loose that by edditting the files.

Thanks a lot.

Is it necessary to delete everything from the 320nx or can I just going on with updating? The plane exists as a new plane and I got the fbw livery and that’s OK for me.
Only the sounds from the engine is gone or very silent but the sound with the tower etc is much more realistic.Is this normal that with the engine at the moment or some problems with the installer after creating the new plane?

I didn’t try so far, but I’m pretty sure it should. Just test it. I’m curious too. If it isn’t working, you could make a copy of the specific livery folder (rename it) and make that a A32NX only (that’s what I did since I fly only a few liveries). In the new A32NX livery folder, you can remove all AI specific entries (since it doesn’t need to be used for AI). The other/old livery folder can stay for the default A320 and AI.

If you need AI Liveries you need to split the Livery mods separately. One for the A32NX which is used for your flying.

If you want to do editing quickly, you can keep the old livery mod which still works with the AI traffic. But what you need is to duplicate the entire livery mods, and edit these ones to point to the new A32NX instead. So you’ll have 2 duplicate Liveries mod. One for the default A320 which is also used for AI traffic. And one for A32NX for your usage.

Then it will double the occupance size on your SSD/HHD to have one single livery for both default and mod. I have, for example, at the moment 19.5 GB A320neo liveries folder (yes, some 8K livery folders cost about 350 MB each). Now I need to have 19.5GB X 2 (in case I want to fly and have AI for all those liveries).

In case there will be a solution for linking / pointing of both to the texture folder. Otherwise I think it will become more inconvenient and not optimal, unless you only need to fly, do not care about airport environment or air traffic around!

What about using the AI folder model.cfg to point towards the Asobo_A320 instead of the FlyByWire_A320?

Since the base container has changed, AI folder in mod A32NX will not know what or where is

[models]
normal=..\..\Asobo_A320_NEO\model.AirTraffic\A320_NEO_AIRTRAFFIC.xml

Does the base container in aircraft.cfg affect the reference point in the AI model.cfg though? If it doesn’t then it should be possible using the path you specified above

:wink:

Does having AI model container with A320nx , in addition to a320 cause problems?

I know the default is all that is needed for live traffic, but if it doesn’t matter, it is simple to change all .cfg files to the new format using Windows exorer shortcuts.

Literally can All be done in minutes Total.

Hey @Neo4316 thx for the option would you mind sending me your delta updated one if possible?

I followed their 3 step process and brought some of my ‘old’ liveries across. Just continued gettting CTD’s, so just using the FBW and House Colours A320neos at the moment so I can fly. I reckon I’ll wait until FBW produce their converter. :slight_smile: