What's Going to be in the Next Update

In my opinion, a simulator for simmers can’t do anything else than providing accurately sized signs with accurate font size and placement. This is well documented and normalized IRL (for the most part).

Anything else is gamification which sole purpose is to make the content fit the way people think they should be, or because users are not using high res enough monitors (like XBox on 1080p).

Now instead of artificially changing the sign and font size, they shall offer an augmented reality system which makes the signs more legible if needed, like they already do with the Taxi direction.

If they do, please Asobo, consider all these augmented aids must also have a binding so that we can use keyboard shortcuts or hardware buttons to toggle them without having to go to the menus and pause the sim (let alone suspending one self from MP sessions). You might have made these options a misery to use only because you didn’t thought how we’d use it, or you intentionally didn’t provide a binding because you felt these are options fitting the “accessibility” field, but whatever you’re game design process was for these, I can bet I’m not alone saying these must be easily togglable on/off without going into any menu.

These are meant to augment legibility certainly for people with certain accessibility needs well defined in the MSFT accessibility 101 for game developers guidelines, but in practice, they are use as a momentary aid for many simmers in order to compensate for the lack of resolution.

PS: if accessibility is as important as Jorg is saying in the Q&As, can you please also consider supporting mouse wheel to change any UI slider? Because honestly try grabbing a small dot on a slider in VR and you’ll immediately see there is an accessibility problem even for people without any particular disability preventing them to use the mouse precisely.

11 Likes