What's in Update 6? (and when?)

I think they should take the pressure off themselves and stop scheduling patches. Patches should only be released when thoroughly tested and ready. Otherwise we get on this endless loop of fixing fixes.They should also only fix one thing at a time.

2 Likes

What do you have on your render scale?

100% no need for more, very sharp picture.

wish carenado were as responsive as the FBW team, will have a new update out before they have fixed the issues from the hotfix! :smiley:

Iā€™m upgrading from a 1440p. Iā€™m getting my 4K monitor today.

Too bad I donā€™t know how to OC my hardware but thatā€™s okay. Iā€™m pretty sure I can run it at maybe 80-90 render scale

1 Like

So, you donā€™t think thereā€™s any difference between render scale 100 to 150-200?

You dont get much benetit for GPU OC, many motherboard bios have automatic CPU overcloking bossibility. So very easy to do. Turn it ON only and CPU is overclocked.

Just noticed I have Low Latency Mode on Ultra in the Nvida Control Panel.
Also V-sync off in the Nvida Control Panel since I donā€™t have a Gsync or freesync monitor.

So what does the low latency mode supposed to do?

Oh really? Do I have to be careful after I turn it on?
How much performance would I benefit from it?

No risk. Bios overclocking is safely, google your motherboard +overclocking cpu. My i9 10900k went about to 5ghz, much difference compared to stocking clock.

It doesnā€™t look like theyā€™re putting much in this update, so it might not have too many problems.

They are caught a bit in the middle - lots of users complaining about things needing fixing, and others saying they should slow down, or perhaps even stop the updates completely.

I have the same CPU as you.
Mobo: Asus Maximum Hero XII

Is it like a straight forward option that says ā€œAutomatic CPU overclock.ā€ lol.

They shouldnā€™t stop, they just need a different approach. they need to isolate critical fixes first e.g within live weather or autopilot and fix them one at a time. They could release them as a series of hot fixes. We donā€™t need these huge patches

1 Like

https://www.asus.com/Microsite/motherboard/Intelligent-motherboard/AI-Overclocking.html

Very easy in beginner way, in bios put your bios option ā€œCPU Core Ratioā€ option to AI Optimized. Update your motherboard bios to latest version first.

Fell into the same, set it to ā€œhybridā€ in the options. Then alt stays feet and weight will be kg as well as liters for fluids (gas)ā€¦

1 Like

AND a performance fix (CPU main thread optimalisation), AND some more small autopilot fixes (this is ongoing process) MAYBE some new effects (Node effects system)

If this was SC then we would have Illinois with Meigs Field and the rest of the world is soon to comeā€¦ very soon! :laughing:

Anyways, what happened to the big SIM update, scheduled for early November?

That may be coming - the dev announcement yesterday shows patch 6 as pretty threadbare in terms of addressing the top bugs and wishlist items - so youā€™d like to think there are some wider improvements coming perhaps?

Render scale is linear, which means that if you have a 4K resolution and put Render scale to 200 youā€™re basically rendering the sim in 8K resolution, which seems unnecessary, especially if you have antialiasing on too. This will also greatly affect your video memory.

If youā€™re on 1920x1080 resolution and put render scale to 200, the sim will render 3840x2160 (4k) internally.

Note that increasing render scale also eats up video memory and can therefore significantly reduce performance, both because there are more pixels to ā€˜drawā€™, and because more video memory is needed.

If you have a 1080p monitor, upping the render scale can make quite a difference because everything will look sharper (cockpit instruments better readable). Personally I donā€™t see a significant difference on a 2K or 4K monitor. The performance loss isnā€™t worth it for me.

3 Likes

I would really like them to get some simple bits like UPDATES SIZES and HOW OFTEN DONE sorted maybe some parts of the AUTOPILOT and BUTTONS in COCKPIT working correctly perhaps some NAVIGATION DATA working/functioning/interacting with FMC and MAPS and information given by ATC to show up on the map before they get lost in the extremally complex world of graphics card settings and individuals USERS PC.

In fact it would be nice to have the simulator run at an acceptable basic level and all the interactive bits work before a life like render of clouds, lakes, animals and vapour trails.

1 Like