What's in Update 6? (and when?)

This is on render scale 200 but I don’t think at this altitude you can tell the difference between having it at 100. Wonder if you can do a comparison?

I wish they would schedule the “updates” further apart. I can’t get all of one update downloaded before the next one comes out. Haven’t been able to “fly” for 3 weeks now because of downloading updates. Those of us with slow ( 5mb/sec) internets don’t have a chance to fly between updates.

1 Like

I have a 10900k and a 3080 and it’s smooth with any plane and city playing in 4K. I don’t believe in overclocking, then I don’t have any kind of it.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t believe in overclocking either. Plus I wouldn’t know how to do it bahaha.

Anyways, can you tell me your settings? I just ordered a 4K monitor hopefully that can solve the stutters!

My settings on a print below, It’s in portuguese but I’m sure that you can understand the sequence.

Okay so maybe I need to lower my rendering scale down to 100. I currently have it on 200.

Did you make any changes in Nvidia Control Panel?

I don’t use only Clouds in Heavy, I choose High (Alto) because it’s ready heavy when full of clouds.

No changes on NVidia control panel. Don’t put Rendering Scale above 100, it’s really heavy, it’s to the future. Forget any value above 100 in a TOP computer of today.

+6 FPS is what I’m looking for in #6

200 is 100% your problem. I ran some comparisons tonight and the sim cannot do 200 render scale with current top spec hardware. In nVidia settings I have low latency mode off and vsync on with my gysnc monitor, vsync off in game.

Okay I think was exaggerating with the scaling render. Time to lower it down and run some benchmarks at heavy cities.

What about your other 2 sliders, what are they set too?

200 on the other two.

Guys, set your expectations. On the Twitch call they said verbatim that patch 6 is tiny/small and only addressed one or two honeycomb/thrustmaster config implementations or something to that effect.

1 Like

Please no more updates. If the sim works for you play it. If it doesn’t go back to XPlane. There shouldn’t be expectations that a patch will fix your issue.

Why do you think a 4k monitor will fix the problem?

Because I’ll be limited by the GPU and not the CPU which causes stutters if you’re cpu bottleneck

1 Like

I have i9-10900k (OC) and 3080 (OC) 32bg ram, 5140*1440p resolution, smooth as butter everywhere with ULTRA settings.

1 Like

In the latest blog ([BLOG] November 5th, 2020 Development Update), the next patch is scheduled for 10th Nov:

The only reference to what’s in it is the fair-weather lightning:

The last Q&A is here:

No afraid not