What's in Update 6? (and when?)

The difference is that star citizen is incomplete alpha code.

Are you overclocking? I have the 10700k and 3080 FTW3 and it’s smooth even in the worst areas/planes. However, once I manually overclocked over the default OC my game became a stutter fest.

A new plane because Samuel L Jackson said this:

2 Likes

I have complete faith in the FBW team that they’re able to get on top of any issues presented in patches fairly quickly.

3 Likes

Limit your fps in nvidia control panel, works wonders for stutters

Is there a replay function included ?

Yeah well Mr Jackson never did like snakes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

No , my cpu is on stock right now. I just landed in CYVR witht he fsdreamteam payware scenry and GOSH , stutters everywhere!!

When I had my rtx2080 super it was working wonders!! no stutters at all.

Do i need to upgrade resolution? im on a 1440p

Thank you! I will check this out.

It’ll have some engine optimization to better use new GPUs. Very important if you ask me!

Btw the latest patch actually improved the graphics, with the AA so it’s getting better.

Yes it will break A32nx but it always does regardless because of how it’s distributed.

1 Like

What 3090 model do you have? Have you updated to the latest nvidia drivers?

It’s the Asus Rog Strix
Yes everything is up to date.
Idk what’s going on. My sliders are
200-190-190
On 2560x1440p

Render scale at 200? That might be the problem. Try lowering that until you are stutter free.

2 Likes

Yes render scale at 200.
I thought a 3090 would be able to handle that.
I’ll try lowering it later and see. But if I recall I remember setting it to 150 and I was still seeing small stutters.

I play on 100 and 1440p, everything ultra. Stutter free and looks great. What does render at 200 give you over 100?

I just moved my slider from 100 to 200 and experienced massive performance loss (with a 3080). This has to be your issue.

That’s a good question because I really don’t notice anything different from 100 to anywhere until 200.

The only thing that changed is that on 200 I am gpu limited and not main thread.

I am going to run a few tests with difference numbers in the rendering scale. Like you mentioned I think that’s where the stutters are coming from.

What FPS are you getting with airliners? Did you tweak anything in Nvidia Control Panel?

It depends. I can get anywhere from 15 (KLAX with the A320NX) to 60+ (high in the skies in the middle of nowhere). I do notice a difference in clarity at 200, but it’s not worth the massive frame rate hit that you take (and stutters).

Oh yeah LAX is very heavy especially flying over the city. That is why I avoid it even with the rtx 3090.

Yeah once you’re on cruise or even above 5,000ft the frames are always high especially on exterior view. I hope they optimize the cockpit view.

Did you move any settings on the Nvidia Panel?

Great comments from both that I fully agree.