What's the difference between the CRJ 550 and the 700?

Hi there, I have a question, What’s the difference between the 550 and the 700? I am just curious…I haven’t delved into the CRJ 550 or the 700 yet , I just started reading the manual a couple of days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance…Just wanted to start a discussion.

Length – the 700 is longer and carries more passengers.

1 Like

That was a quick reply I didn’t expect so soon…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually the 550 is a reworked 700. The 550 was developed to appease union contracts that limit the size of what a mainline and a regional jet is. 550 carries a max of 50 passengers.

2 Likes

hehe just good timing. :wink:

If you want to read up some general info on the CRJ 700 series there’s some nice notes on the Wikipedia article: Bombardier CRJ700 series - Wikipedia – in addition to the base model CRJ 700 and the shorter CRJ 550 there’s an even longer CRJ 900 and CRJ 1000, which aren’t incldued in the sim.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys I am a newbie when it comes to the CRJ. How long would it take me to be able to get the Airliner up in the air?

Hi PeterE
Suggest 2 sets of videos would help. First for simpler, quicker flight - Simhanger’s 2 part series and then The Dude’s 7 part series in greater detail.
The a/c is great fun to fly so you’ll enjoy it I’m sure

1 Like

They are the same aircraft. The 550 only holds 50 pax and has an artificially reduced MTOW compared to the -700 but both are the exact same airframe (length wise)

3 Likes

This is incorrect the 550 is the 700 convert to have less seats. They are exactly the same length.

5 Likes