What's up with the Salty 747?

Is the Salty 747 mod ever going to work again after MSFS ujpdate 6? Are other people having trouble with version 0.4.0 with update 6?

why dont you download the dev build?

works fine

1 Like

Recent user of the Salty mod here. Only flown it twice, both with CTD’s on descent. These were both long-ish flights so it could just be the general long haul memory leak issue that’s been around for a while.

Everything seems to work fine. One annoyance is that I don’t use Simbrief, so my imported flights plans (created with Little Nav Map) only have my cruise flight level for every waypoint. I assume if I used Simbrief that would not be an issue. It makes it a challenge when you’re getting close to your approach and you forget to descend from FL380. The FBW A320 is much better with waypoints.

On the plus side, I like having to be more in control of speed, altitude, climb, descent, etc… on the B747. The A320 is too easy in that regard. Sometimes boring.

Ok, so I used dev Salty mod after update 6 and not working for me. All knobs are not functioning, I can’t do even one trip. I tried without any mods, just Salty. No success. I don’t know how people find dev Salty mod working :confused: I asked this question in couple of different places and conversation is simply like this:
Me: nothing working
They: everything working perfectly

Well… I hate to be that guy but everything is working fine for me on dev branch :joy:
No CTDs, no broken stuff

:sweat_smile: Love it :see_no_evil:

Well, third flight today, also got a CTD right at touchdown after a 6hr flight, so I’m 0-for-3 trying to land after a long haul flight. I was able to land on a much shorter flight that I started in the air, setup for the approach. Perhaps I’ll try the FBW A320 on the same flight, or try the default B747 without Salty and see.

That memory leak issue is beyond annoying!

Hopefully will be addressed soon

With Salty, subscribe to the discord channel and always download the latest version there. The Salty version in flightsim.to is always late to be updated and hasn’t been working since SU6.

1 Like

I download the dev version from their GIT Hub server.

One of the devs on discord said they have seen some issues on long haul flights but haven’t narrowed it down yet.

I’m trying my exact same route in the FBW A320 to see how my system responds with that aircraft.

Use the default. Flies fine. Like many mods of that ilk, it hasn’t kept up with the sim’s development.

You’re very mistaken @BlackSanta512 The Dev version of the mod is continuously updated and working fine.

I tried the dev version and it seems to work. But I did a restart of the same flight and the flight director switch and speed knob quit working. I had to completely exit the sim to get these to work again. But it’s better than what I had.

I downloaded the dev version from the GIT Hub server.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? The dev version is always updated. When a SU breaks the mod, it gets fixed in less than a day. Devs are very active in the discord channel.

Just don’t rely on the Salty version in flightsim.to since this is rarely updated.

1 Like

I prefer consistency. I’d rather not have a random flight where the mod doesn’t work. Have at it. I’m good with no CTDs.

It has never been the cause of CTD’s for me in case you’re concerned about that.

Pretty much all I’m flying at the moment. No issues here.

1 Like

Flew the KMEM-PANC route a fourth time but with the FBW A320. A little over 5 hours of real time. Landed, then crashed to desktop while taxiing. :man_shrugging:

Doing another attempt with the Salty today, KMEM-PANC. Based on a suggestion from their Discord channel, someone suggested turning off any scenery add-ons. I do have the “We Love VFR” scenery pack, so I figured what the heck, let’s try with it off. Maybe something is trying to pop in from that mod. Who knows!

They do have an open issue on their Discord about long-haul flight crashes, so everything is kinda of inconclusive at the moment. This is unfortunately true with almost every CTD.

Since SU6 I can’t fly with 747.

Before SU6 I used stable v0.4.0, after SU6 problem with IRS switches. I can’t turn on aircraft nor enter it’s possition.
I tried with dev version and it is same with it.
Wait for some time, so I downloaded dev version again today. Now it is even worse, my flight was loading 20+ minutes so I give up, ALT+F4.

It looks like there will no 747 flights before PMDG release their. I appreciate Salty’s work, but problem is Asobo with their updates in every SU they make mess with add-ons.