Whats up with the screen tearing now without VSYNC?

Guess I should turn this on now?

2 Likes

Same here - just posted in the bugs section. I’ve turned Vsync on - bad news - it’s not helping. Running in windowed mode is my only solution right now.

Please vote: Screen tearing introduced by 16/02/21 update

1 Like

also have the same issue!

Had the same issue today after the update …tried vsync from the settings …didn’t work …If you have a Nvidia card go to 3d settings, go to the bottom of the list and turn it on. (choose fast) and problem solved…

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion - “fast” was the only one I haven’t tried yet. Trying it now, will report back.

Hope it works for you too

Unfortunately not! I will have to stick to windowed mode for now. Thanks anyway.

Same here! I enabled vsync again 60fps locked and smoother than before the update.
Tested with FBW custom A32NX landing at Lfpo (jetstream scenery )

Sorry for that…I don’t know if max frame rate, which I have enabled, plays any part of fixing it for me …

Using the fast setting in the NVIDIA control panel solved it for me.

2 Likes

Using fast too. Working well.

1 Like

Fast worked for me as well. Is there an advantage or disadvantage of setting this in the Nvidia control panel vs setting Vsync to on and capping it to 60fps in MSFS?

I think fs2020.exe was set to “off” rather than “use global settings”. Tried again setting up a specific profile for FS2020 and “fast” is now working for me. A big THANK YOU!

1 Like

Glad it worked for all of you!

1 Like

There is no difference at all. Its just another way of forcing vsync in the game, if the integrated option is not giving best results …Its not the first time I used it and it always helps…

the problem is that now the frame time is constantly switching between 16,6ms (60fps) and 33ms (30fps),assuming 60fps vsync, for no reason, instead of being an fps dependant variable. Not happening before nor ever since alpha days. Now even with vsync, the sim is stuttery AS HELL!

1 Like

If you enable Max frame rate, from the Nvidia control panel, do you think that this will fix it for you ?

I’ll need to test a few things… I was hoping just to play this, but now it’s back to doing beta testing. Right now I locked it on 60FPS and will see the results. I had it off before and averaged 45-60FPS and pretty smooth.

1 Like

Same here. Screen tearing upon first startup. Vsync off as in the past. Seemed to get better over time - strange. Need to try the suggested fix tomorrow.

still i am trying to understand how MSFS v-sync in-game works. On or Off never had any change. Maybe has to do that i am using G-sync, so v-sync is not important as i will never go over Monitor refresh rate ( 144hz).
Parking on LGAV with A32NX ( latest dev) everything is smooth and better than previous updates ( with v-sync OFF nvidia control panel)