When shared cockpit/coop flight mode is implemented - what will you do first?

Hello!

As you may have seen on the wishlist - the shared cockpit/coop flight feature is being planned. Once implemented and lets say there are duel control options and things for the copilot to do - what do you plan to do first and where might you go?

For me, it would be a pond skip from Gatwick to good old JFK in New York with my mate Ed. He flies in real life (nothing fancy but still more than I!) and we always wanted to do long realistic endurance flights. Someone must have some better ideas than that though?! :thinking: :sweat_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

ā€¦ searching the fire-button, like in DCS :wink:

1 Like

See if it actually works without crashing or dropping my FPS to 10 and check to see that the intercom (Pilot to CoPilot ) actually works. If I cannot talk to my Co-Pilot then shared cockpit is worthless.
ā€¦
Maybe it will manifest itself in a new, Purchasable, version of MSFS.

2 Likes

Oh dear I feel another wishlist coming on! AC130 with a 105mm in the back!

2 Likes

:rofl: what else we can do as a copilot :rofl: ā€¦ what in real is may be okay, sounds for me in a civil-simulator may be a bit borring. Or I realy miss some ideas what a copilot can doā€¦ butā€¦ may beā€¦ setup the garmins in a helicopter is allways a bit tricky for the pilot, so may be the copilot have 5 minutes work to setup the garmins and then she/he can enjoy the flight :laughing:

PS: I want add a ā€œPSā€ā€¦ what I miss is somewhat like a chat, or a communication channel if you fly in multiplayer/friends. As the linked topic was born, I also voted for it, because it may funny if your friend sit in your cockpit, but at the moment I not have a real scenario in mind ā€œwhat we then really can doā€.

2 Likes

If it works - then it is luxury! I wonder if anyone would run the ultimate rig - two players in the same room doing shared flight deck. That would probably get a lot of views on the tube!

1 Like

Be careful not to fall asleep on the stick (or yoke) :rofl:

For me, it will be a trip of a little less than an hour from Paris-CDG (LFPG) to Toulouse-Blagnac (LFBO) on board the Air France A320 Neo.
I will prepare beforehand with my colleague the real checklist of the plane in paper format and we will make sure to have an excellent flight as much for us as for the passengers.

3 Likes

Agree, it will be nice to be able to have 2 people to be able to interact with each other in a simulated flight. What a wonderful addition to a multiplayer flight sim to be able to interact, in the same aircraft, with another person.

1 Like

I hope it will be native rather than an addon. But what will you do first? :thinking:

Haha. Maybe hire some others to be air hostess for your flight. Some in flight refreshments perhaps! :rofl:

1 Like

As a previous ā€˜power userā€™ of ā€˜shared cockpitā€™ in FSX, I will make a few comments.
First, voice comms are a must, but it doesnā€™t need to be internal to MSFSā€¦you can use Teamspeak, Skype, Discord etc.

Second, there must be an option for a ā€˜privateā€™ server session so that only invited players can join. Nothing more annoying than some 10 yo buzzing your plane with an F 18!!

Thirdā€¦ Shared Cockpit (CP) is excellent for teaching a new user to not only fly the sim, but also to teach real world procedures to aspiring pilots.

Fourthā€¦ Forget the ā€˜long haulā€™ flights, you will get bored!! From experience 1 1/2 hours is about the max before terminal boredom sets in.

Hopefully CP is implemented soon, we have been waiting since MSFS was launched for it.

1 Like

Long haul with one of the boys, hopefully weā€™ll have the PMDG 777 by then.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply - totally agree with points 1 -3 which should probably be here although I get there could be a bit of crossover, but some of us do like long haul for the endurance aspect. :slight_smile: (I think your private server idea is new so I will copy and paste that into the relevant bit!)

I know what you mean with boredom and it can happen of course. I saw BravoCharlie24 do a good 7 hour flight. In Truck Simulator they do charity runs too - not sure if the same has happened on MSFS but that might be something to build in too.

Yes lovely plane! How long haul is long haul though and how long can you put up with each other? :rofl: I was watching some old FSX vids - he will be handy co-pilot if its like this! (Youtube link)

Fly the A310 or PMDG DC-6 on Vatsim with a friend!

1 Like

Iā€™ll invite someone into my game as co-pilot, fly up to 10,000 feet, and then turn to them and say, ā€œMultiplayer is for suckasā€ and push them out of the plane and disconnect.

2 Likes

HAHA - that gave me some commando plane vibes! ā€œPlease donā€™t wake my co-pilot - heā€™s dead tiredā€.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.