When this game will have a decent optimization and be playable?

Is really sad play with stutters and low fps even with good pcs…This game seems a nightmare to every hardware, even high ends-pcs cant run this well…
Come on ASOBO…when you will put a decent optimization in this game? Every update decreases my fps…
~
My pc is this:

i7 - 9700K + 32GB DDR4 + SSD 1TB + RX 5700 XT 8GB , Soon when is available to buy i will buy a RTX 3080

6 Likes

They kept talking about how well it is optimized already during the Q&A :man_shrugging:

The performance problems now are linked to some glitches that are being worked out. I really wish they’d do some more intensive beta testing before these releases. It’s been more than a month now that we’ve had a consistently buggy sim experience.

3 Likes

Have you tried this. It really helped me out.

Stutter Fix - Sim Update 3 - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

My Rig
Processor - Intel® Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor WIN 10
GeForce RTX 2010 Super
Driver Version 461.72
Intel Core i7-9700k CPU@3.60GHz
31.91 GB Ram
Monitor HP 2560x1440, 59Hz

It did from day 1.

2 Likes

To borrow from one of the soon to be released movies, “That’s one of life’s great mysteries, sir”…

1 Like

Probably around it’s first birthday. The gaming industry in general is suffering from this affliction that has all studios releasing games prematurely… and after about a year of updates and DLC, they are finally meeting expectations set by the marketing hype that preceded launch. :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s playable for me now.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think they’re using the same build we are when they’re playing the game. They’re likely using the same internal build they use to create their videos with. You know, the one that show 60+ fps at 4K Ultra with buttery-smooth frames, no stuttering, and levels of detail none of us mere mortals out in the wild can ever see… And connected to their staging streaming data servers that no one else in the world outside of Asobo / Microsoft can connect to.

Then they say “But we can’t reproduce that problem…”

12 Likes

Ah right so the reason is they just turned off the lossless 60 fps at 4k optimisation config option before they released it to us filthy unwashed peasants…

The game is as optimised as it will get, more optimisation = lower details and lod, dx12 is not going to be some magic bullet either. The game heavily taxes current hardware and that’s the long and short of it.

Maybe they’ll sort out some of the odd hitching and stuttering that were getting lately if it was caused by some bug in the code.

Not sure it’s quite that simple. But looking at any of their promo videos, no one out in the wild sees either that level of performance or level of detail in the world.

They’ve already admitted that they use a completely different build to make their promo videos. And likely while using said build, they’re also connecting to the development version of the back end data services (likely hardware sitting in the same office and on the same LAN/WAN) and not bound by internet traffic limitations, bandwidth limitations, server loads, etc like the public services.

Their experience using such builds is demonstrably quite different than what we see in the builds that make it to our computers and the data systems we connect to.

1 Like

Looking at the performance of my system, I find it astonishing when people insist it’s unoptimised. My RTX3070 is at 95% and my CPU at 60-70% on all 8 cores (with one core at 90%) and the game does 60fps at 1440p. If that’s unoptimised, then I don’t know.

There are definitely more steps to be taken:

• better use of technologies (Dx12, DLSS etc) to drop consumption of resources for the given performance output
  • fix the stutters introduced with latest WU
  • fix the intermittent drop to <10fps

But I do not agree it’s unoptimised. The sim is playable, there are people here with 1000+ hrs on it.

3 Likes

-The build they are talking on the latest Q@A, we don’t have it yet, this will came later, they have already optimized around 3x amount of memory used from current all done in coding, to open slot for others stuff and higher quality, team are in 13 different branch, and will be merged slowly until all fine by priority, we will have this build later.

-For the current performance issue introduced since latest update, they know already and have some fix for it.

It’s unfortunate that you’re having issues, but don’t assume that everyone is, and certainly not everyone with a high end system. I’ve got an i7-9700k like you and have an RTX 3080. Before that was an RTX 2080ti. I’d consider that a high end system and I’ve never struggled with FPS with the exception of some dense cities and airports with third party add-ons and mods. Give what you’re asking your computer to do in terms of the computing and graphical lift involved, I think it’s as well optimized as any other flight simulator has been at this stage in its life cycle.

3 Likes

What was the price of the 3080 or 3090 before the shortage?

I’m running a Ryzen 5950x, a RTX 3090, 32gb of DDR4 with fast clock speed and on an NVME drive, it is now unplayable, I have never had the misfortune of playing a game before where the devs actively broke the game then simply left it…

1 Like

I find it hard to take any threads seriously when people post such exaggerations.

They’ve been in the shortage since the day they were released. I count myself lucky to have a 3080.

I partially agree on some of your opinions in your posts but to me the sim is still being optimized. This effort will never stop or the developers won’t think of writing any new line of code without optimizing it beforehand. Because, credibility got hurt because of promises and actions. Thus everyone’s common concern (expectations?) will be met sometime later, I guess.

And please start understanding that it is not only the hardware you have. All of us have seen many ‘killer’ fancy hardware still fail at running smoothly. Not everyone has got to own an Ampere family card for smooth, lag-free flight sim experience.

Really the bottom line here is that many users are having performance issues. Asobo is working on it, and when they fix it, we’ll be the first to know.

I can fly just fine as long as I avoid certain areas. There’s plenty of the world to enjoy and plenty of ways to do it despite these glitches.

Be patient and in the meantime, go fly.

Go fly ? we can’t, the system is down now.