When will we have a hotfix for the A320? (FlyByWire)

FlyByWire A320 was the only decent airline in the MSFS.

As the updates are not tested before they are released, unfortunately the last one broke this aircraft.

When will we receive a hotfix to repair the FlyByWire A320?

4 Likes

I think you’re the incompetent one because the vast majority of the community is reporting that the A320 is broken. It doesn’t follow the IFR flight plan anymore when on autopilot. Also, the engines will not turn off anymore. The switches to cut out the engine don’t do anything.

10 Likes

So the 30 or 40 topic in bugs and issue since the last update, all referencing the problems with the A320, are fake news? If you’ve got the solution for people, why don’t you share it.

10 Likes

I don’t think METEORObr is the only one having issues with the A320 after this last update, did you read the many posts about this?
I have been flying (sim) airbus for over 20 yrs and I can tell you it was working fine before with A32NX mod, the default cockpit is so boring with only a few switches active; for many of us I don’t think lack of piloting is the issue; good for you if you are satisfied with it

4 Likes

Stay nice. :hugs: Standard version without FLB works perfectly.

1 Like

The problem is me? Laughing a lot here. Thanks for your comment!

1 Like

We have a large group of friends on the whats app that fly on the FS2020.

The problems caused in the A320 by the last update were reported by the vast majority of users, the majority of which are no longer flying the A320 due to these problems.

There is no reason for me to waste my precious time to point out problems that do not exist.

ASOBO needs to focus more on airline aircraft, test updates before launching them and support the guys at Flybywire.

14 Likes

absolutely right

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t.

@METEORObr, it sounds like you are using the FlyByWire mod, correct? If you don’t mind, I added the words FlyByWire to your original post. It gets a little confusing with some people using the default A320 and some using the FBW A32NX version, so specifying this helps.

6 Likes

Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

The A320 is COMPLETELY BROKEN.
AP never works.
Auto-throttle doesn’t work. Fails 90% of the times.
ILS is a joke. Always land the airplane a hundred meters aside.
Engine stops during the flight.
TOTAL MESS.
AP buttons turn clockwise or counter clockwise by themselves, when the mouse arrow approaches.
JOKE.

5 Likes

I gather the FBW team has not come up with a work around?

No it doesn’t. Do a Cold&Dark start and engage the AP to follow a flight plan. Tell us what you find. (With or without the FBW mod, all the same).

No unfortunately not. Take a look at their GitHub issue tracker. It tells you something if these really competent guys are unable to come up with a fix after three days.

2 Likes

Guys,

I have tried today with the A320NX latest dev version. The AP was following the flight plan almost correctly, It had a slight deviation to the right but it was not much. It seems to veer to the right at the beginning of the leg and tries constantly to come back on track . At the end of the leg, it is almost back on track and then it begins again but it was flyable. VNAV was working. ILS approach was correct, at 1000ft radio, I switch to manual flight and I had nothing to do to keep the track, The FD line were still aligned.Landing was OK annd shutdown of engines worked.

what I did before update: empty completely the community folder, then update to 1.11.6.0
2) remove vanilla A320 asobo and restart
3) re-install asobo a320 and restart
4) install latest dev version of A320NX flybywire.(26/11)

I am using a Saitek X52 hotas

so from my perspective, it is flyable altough not perfect. Something was changed by asobo in the AP behaviour and as usual with them it is a mess. The awesome guys at FBW try to reduce that problem but it is not that easy. I pray that asobo finally realise they are ■■■■ at programming airliners logic and let that to the real pro at FBW and evrything would be fine.

My test flight was the exact same as the flight I made on sunday (pre-patch) and it followed the track perfectly now it is not the case anymore so the patch has broken the logic as usual.

I hope it can help people

Yves

5 Likes

I removed the FBW A320NX and at this stage the MSFS A320 is working fine with autopilot. For me the A320 has been the most stable of the airliners to fly so far.

Turn EICAS2 off above co-pilot. Also wait until you get climb prompt on FD.

Both the A320 (default aircraft) and the A32Nx are inoperable. I hope ASOBO fixes this fast and doesn’t break the A320 in future updates.

3 Likes

Well, I understand your frustration guys but there’s a simple was to skip those problems.

Download the developer version of the FlyByWire A320NX Mod which actually runs stable with some cool new features and you‘ll enjoy your flights on the A320neo again. However, there are still some very small issues to be fixed but it doesn’t affect your flying experience that much.