When will we have a hotfix for the A320? (FlyByWire)

Doesn’t work from a Cold start. Tried it all. Deleted A320neo, new install, with and without FBW, FBW mod directly fromGitHub, manual or uploaded flight plans, rolling cache delete, joystick dead zones, SEC1 etc active non active, … and various combinations. Nope

Try EDDF RWY18 CIND2S from Cold&Dark and share what you find?

2 Likes

Both fly by wire and the original are not working only on start at a runway which defeats the immersion of the game. Cold and dark don’t do the job . I have tried about 35 different scenarios and tips and tricks to no prevail. Gotta wait and see if Asobo will address this with a hotfix .

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. It is useless for Vatsim etc which I love, unless one can reliably cold start it and follow the FP subsequently

2 Likes

I’ve managed to find the following workaround working for A32NX Dev release (similar to that suggested in their discord but this is also retaining the Flightplan).
Basically:

1. set up your flightplan or import it from Simbrief;
  2. fire up the flight, let it load (do not save anything) and go back to main menu;
  3. copy all the 4 generated files located in: \LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\ into \LocalState\ (three folders UP) - this step is important else it won’t work;
  4. from the main menu load the file named CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT and enjoy AP fully working.

they do have a discord server where they post updates, and yes there are currently a lot of known issues with the plane at the moment which sucks cause a320 FBW is my favorite plane to fly

the 747 is more stable now than the a320 in my experience

Regarding Step 4, do I load the CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT from the CustomFlight Folder or from the MISSIONS folder?

Unbelieve it. The ONE plane in the game where fantastic progress has been made to bring it close to a study model and despite claiming to have good communication with the FlyByWire team, Asobo manages to break it yet again.

They sort of gave the game away in the latest Q&A regarding helicopters, when they said it won’t happen until they get help. I hate to say it, but I really do think they are in over their heads, and if possible should reach out more to the FBW people and use their skills.

Also, what a pity we can’t roll back what are really Beta grade updates in terms of functionality.

I hasten to add though that I really do appreciate the extra content Asobo/Microsoft are providing, such as the US scenery in this edition and the forthcoming UK release. Making a flight sim must be both a very rewarding, yet gut wrenching job.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s a case of being in over their heads.
Asobo are adding functionality into the base SW, which aircraft Devs like FBW use to building aircraft systems and features.

But as the base SW is still very much in development, changes are happening on a regular basis, which inevitably will impact add on aircraft.

In the Dev stream Q&A it was mentioned that in order to reduce this impact, the Devs will be reducing the cadence of updates to allow time for add-on Devs to test and make adjustments to their products in preparation for the update.

Yeah you are probably right, JaxxZA. Just frustration on my part I guess. I’ve just spent money on extra software and a good part of the afternoon getting rid of the heading bug with switch panels, like those on my Honeycomb yoke.

Still, not as bad as doing the walk of shame back to the pits at my r/c club with a trash bag full of bits.

It’s funny that up until this afternoon it was working fine for me even after the recent MSFS update. But somehow it’s not following the flightplan anymore and acting strange. It’s sad that this game is getting worse instead of better and I am getting stutters now which I had none when I bought the game about 2 months ago.

When I‘m spawning on a runway or at the gate everything works fine for me. However, when I tried a landing challenge my two displays didn’t work but that’s all. I had no situation where the aircraft didn’t work actually except challenges

Anyone want to see a tutorial how to make it work?

1 Like

Good point. You need the one you copied in the MISSIONS folder.
I don’t know why but if I use the one located in the original folder I still have the problem.
EDIT: I’ve corrected the method, please copy the files in the LocalState/ folder (that is THREE folders up)
EDIT2: If still not working: SAVE the flight once loaded at the apron with the precise name CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT and only copy CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN into the LocalState/ folder.

Naw , we shouldn’t be doing all this. We should STOP finding workarounds and start submitting tickets to zendesk so Asobo and MS can hear us and have them FIX their f****** mess. We as a community have to let Asobo / MS to start doing their f****ng job right!

Me as a paying customer have the right to be ■■■■■■ off that we can’t even fly these planes. This isn’t google earth simulator. This is FLIGHT simulator

12 Likes

If they dont know about the AP problems by now, I would be very surprised. A workaround is to get you somewhat flying again until there is a patch. I hope a hotfix else it’s a long wait.

Nope… just tested the alleged flightplan copy to MISSION folder workaround with the latest FBW mod… same mess. It is ridiculous. Besides, when you do this the “clear sky bug, when loading a second time” …

Also negative, as tested again yesterday, switching of SEC1 or SEC2 or any combinations… i am assuming, it just randomly works. (see clear sky in EDDF, completely bonkers all over the place …).

It is f… ed up, period and I am actually angry with myself, that I again fell for trying just another futile workaround after I spent most of yesterday already doing so. I am with Camargo24, let Asobo sort out the mess they created in the first place, provided they even know, what they are doing, when it comes to avionics, flight dyn., aircraft systems or aeronautical stuff in general.

4 Likes

I’m used to trying all proposed workarounds, rather than nothing. Ok they can be a hit and miss most of the time, but doing nothing and waiting for Asobos moves is not my habit. For me that workaround is actually working fine, and it takes you 10 seconds to do it. I just have a very small offset but lnav is followed.

Now now boys play nicely

1 Like

I flew the standard A320 yesterday, all day and except for pilot errors, felt that it performed perfectly. My hand flying skills, are a different matter.

Even the workaround aren’t acceptable and don’t get the A320neo accurate or usable enough for VATSIM. I was live streaming yesterday after following the workarounds (btw I’m a FBW QA tester too) and had to fly ALL of the SIDs, descent, STARs and approach manually because the autopilot couldn’t deal with it properly.

Bearing in mind VATSIM is an official partner, they also have terms or using the service which mean we have to be able to operate and fly the aircraft accurately and adhere to all given commands by ATC unless reasonably unable…
… It’s made flying on VATSIM not an option now and that is the only thing I did in the sim.

Full flights from cold and dark, as accurately as I could all on VATSIM.

1 Like