Where are iconic flights?

How do I play the iconic flight that came with world update 3? I don’t see it in any of the menu screens.

They’re gone.

Some nice folks are storing these in an addon:

Also, please see

2 Likes

I would also like to know where this flight is. If it was removed. Why?
PS Thank you for saving the flights. Much appreciated.

Hi, dumb question - I remember with the USA scenery update there was a “Iconic flight” I wanted to try - there is also one for the UK update. Where do I find these? I’m having a hard time figuring which screen they are under. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott

They’re temporary events, removed and replaced periodically. The one that the load screen refers to is the Westray to Papa Westray flight, which is the shortest scheduled flight in the world at about 1 to 1.5 minutes flying time. It’s since been replaced by a landing challenge.

I have the flight plan for the US one saved somewhere, I’ll see if I can dig it up. I also know there was one for Japan around here. If anyone bothered to save the UK plan I’d be both surprised and grateful.

UK Event.PLN (2.4 KB)

Merry Christmas! Every time there’s a world update, one of the first things I do is dig into the Live Event folder and make a copy. I put that into the Local Cache folder where you find the ones you build and save from the World Map. That way I have them after Asobo changes the Event files.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll give this ago.

They should just move them to the Activities menu when new ones are released. I assume they don’t because they want to be responsible for providing continued support as new updates are released.

Thank you everyone for the assist! @UranicNote09 , that’s exactly what I assumed - that they’d move them under the activities for later reference.

@tclayton2k I’ll definitely do the same moving forward. Any chance you have the Japan and US files also? I skipped all of them for “when I have some free time”, which I do now…and was very sad to not be able to find any of the older ones.

Thank you very much all!
Scott

Link here. You won’t get the full experience (weather, disabled features, aircraft configuration), but the files will still allow you to fly the route.

Looks like someone beat me to it, but if those links don’t work, PM me and I’ll get them to you.

1 Like

That’s super helpful, thanks again very much @UranicNote09 ! It seems this way I can also fly in a plane of my choosing. Will give it a shot, I’m also going to open up an ask with Microsoft to have these saved under the activities menu so they can be revisited anytime.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Scott

1 Like

I noticed this AM that the ‘iconic flight’ (actually a long jump !) between Westray and Papa Westray is set up as an iconic flight. I thought there were similar for Japan and the USA.

I know I can set it up directly, but you used to be able to click and run with it ? Have these vanished /

This question crops up a lot. They get replaced/overwritten with updates and are gone:

Thanks LinerXiandra. What a great idea.