Where are people downloading the hotfix from?

1. Reboot your PC (yes, really, trust me)
  2. Go to the MSFS store page
  3. The download will initialize

Windows 11 is not supported yet. It’s only a preview version. So it’s expected stuff is sometimes broken.

2 Likes

My experience on Win 10 - It’s really not very well implemented…

Launch sim - It comes up that a mandatory update is required from MS Store. Click on that to go to store and it just goes to the generic store (unlike the usual behavior of going to the MSFS app and immediately updating).

So, I searched for MSFS 2020 and clicked play. Still nothing. But… In the background it was downloading the 300 some MB patch.

After that was completed, launching the sim completed the update process with a very small download within the sim.

Hope this helps if others cannot seem to get the download going. :slight_smile:

Correction

• Reboot your PC (yes, really, trust me)
  • Go to the MSFS store page
  • Click Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • The download will initialize

Hey Pieter, Hi TenPatrol,

finally its sorted out. I had download the patch via the XBOX gaming app. I dont know if this is a Windows 11 thing or MS has shifted the whole patching procedure to the XBOX area. Thanks for your advices.

Cheers,
Michael

4 Likes

For Windows 11, not sure if this will work on Windows 10?

1. Go to Windows Store
  2. Go to Gaming tab
  3. Click the Flight Sim game
  4. Scroll all the way down to where it says “In this bundle” and click the version you installed.
  5. It should open a new simulator page with an update button next to play.
4 Likes

Or go to the flight sim page in the store then click the burger icon and select update.

For anyone else with this issue:

Open MS Store and click on the three dots.
Select My Library.
Select Installed in list on the far left.
Find Microsoft Flight Simulator and click on the thumbnail image (NOT the blue Launch button on the right!)
The game preview page will open and the initial update will start automatically.

5 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-are-people-downloading-the-hotfix-from/431265/8

:wink:

If that doesn’t help > restart gaming services via services app

2 Likes

This worked for me to get the update,
Though it was still not visible in the microsoft store, i pressed the download update button 2 times and then it started the download.

Then ingame i got the update screen, here i pressed update.
After the update i shut the simulator and gave the pc a reboot. again? Yes again
Maybe it is not nessecery but to make sure it is all there to load in the right order.

I fired up the simulator and start flying

I had spent almost 6 hours trying all that. Didn’t work no matter what or where I clicked, or how many fingers I crossed, or how I held my mouth. BUT, I did figure a way:
1.Go to the directory where you have MSFS installed and rename it (i just added <old.> to the front of the name)
2. Go to the xBox App and click the 3 dots and choose Uninstall
3. Go back and change the DIR name back to what it was originally
4. In the xBox App choose Install
That will then just install the updates files and took about 2 minutes for me.
Start MSFS and you will now be on 1.18.14.0.
I can’t beleive I spent 6 hours waiting on the Store and App when it was so simple to get around.

4 Likes

If I’m on the MSFS store page, that’s implied :wink:

You’re a genius, it worked!

THANK YOU!!!

You saved me!

bit scared doing this just now - which directory name do you change? packages? can you please give exactly which one you changed? Thank you!

This is mine: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe. I just renamed it to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\old.Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
Then Uninstalled MSFS, change the name back to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Then click Install

Note, the XXXX is my Default User Directory, yours will be different

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! This worked like a charm! Jus wish Asobo/MS would make this DL process more streamlined…

I did that: renamed the small directory that you indicated, uninstalled MFSF, restored the directory original name, and clicked to reinstall MSFS in the MF Store. But now it asks me to select a drive with 120GB available for a new install, but no space at all has been freed during the uninstall! So, now I’m out of space on my SSD.

…Followup: I nevertheless chose to install on the original drive. It then proceeded to download 620MB. But then it got stuck and signaled an error. It now repeatedly fails to reinstall.

This procedure worked for me. It downloaded 1.2GB from the xbox app and then about 300kb from the mandatory update screen inside the game. Nothing else with the store/xbox app worked.