Where are the online players?

I’m in Australia and the SE Asia server seems pretty deserted. You guys should come down and visit Australia. :slight_smile:

I’m in New Zealand i mainly ise the us servers as thats where I find the most players lol

2 Likes

There was this one time where I set my server to be the same as my friends… And we both use Steam Broadcast to look at each other’s screens.

Now my aircraft appears on his screen with my gamertag as well. But strangely, I can’t see his aircraft on my screen. But it’s been happening to me for a while, I set my online settings to ON for everything, and I always fly on Live mode with live players and live weather and live traffic.

Now I can see the Live AI traffic. But I never see other players. Even though, my friend and I are sitting on the same airport, in the same server, with the same settings. He can see other players including my aircraft on his screen. But I can’t see him, or any other players on my screen… Strange.

Yea this is an issue with the cloud syncing players can be seen for 1 person but not the other, did you enable name tags in-game

Yeap, I enabled them. because I can see the tags from the Live AI traffic. But even with the name tags disabled, I should still see the Aircraft model next to me, since we’re parked side by side. I can see my plane on his screen, but I can’t see his plane on my screen. I’m not talking about the name tags, but the aircraft itself.

Hi guys, i tried also the multi player to have a bit of “company”…sometimes nobody, sometimes pretty busy like around JFK…my question is…with many traffic, is the ATC taking it in consideration like for landings to put you in a queue or stuff like that, or wait in line for take off…distancing on sid and stars, etc…?

If using vatsim then yes as the atc deals with multiple games so it simulates traffic but in game atc does not

How does vatsim stimulate traffic if the game lacks traffic to visually see?

You don’t see the other players you hear them through atc atc telling you to hold short on rnway or be put into a holding pattern

How can you do that?

First you have to enable Free Text.

1. You go to the MCDU Menu button, then select Options.
  2. Navigate until you get to ATSU / AOC settings, and enable Free Text.
  3. Make sure your flight number is unique (meaning you don’t have any other player using the same flight number as you). If you are using unique, it’ll say Free Text Enabled. If your flight number is conflicted, it’ll still be enabled but it’ll have an extra line saying something about your flight number not unique or something. If it is conflicting, go to your INIT page, and change your flight number.
  4. Once the Free Text is enabled, you can go back to the MCDU menu, and pick ATSU, then AOC.
  5. Pick Free Text.
  6. Type in the flight number of your friends that you want to send your text to.
  7. Type in the message and put them in any of the empty slot.
  8. Click Send and the message will be sent to the recipient.

On the receiving side, you will get a notification on the Upper ECAM called “COMPANY MSG.”

1. Then you press MCDU Menu again, then pick ATSU, then AOC.
  2. The you pick Received messages, and you’ll get the message appear there. Click it, and you can open the message.
2 Likes

That sounds great. Thank you!

Not sure if I understand correctly what you mean. But you can see other VATSIM players. When using Vatsim, you should switch off multiplayer and traffic options but the vPilot client adds in the other VATSIM aircraft in the game ( there are also some files to get more models and matching liveries).

i do group flights when i want a true multi player experience.
i also have the same experience with Live players, except i generally don’t see anyone unless i’m in North America, Europe, and certain big cities in Asia. I think i saw maybe 1 Live player when i did a trip around Africa.
i used to fly exclusively Live, but due to my work schedule, that ended up with the vast majority of my flights (except those in Asia/Australia) being night time flights. so now i mix it up so i can can get some daytime flights.

Live weather is important, especially if you fly in an online network. Most important is that the active runway is selected by wind direction. Second the height below transition level (6000 ft in Europe, 18000 ft in US) depends on the air pressure (QNH). So if you are cleared to the altitudes with 1000 ft distance and have different QNH set, your separation will not be 1000 ft.

It is still nice to adjust weather to enjoy the beauties of our new Flight Simulator.

Regarding time it is different. During winter season it’s getting dark early and I don’t want to fly SVFR during night time, so I change time. Also flying in different timezones make adjustments necessary.

Hi guys where can I change the name or ident how other players would see when flying?

Let me google that for you:
“Go to options>general>Traffic>Show Traffic Nameplates”

Please do not hijack other user’s threads.

1 Like

Thanks ! :+1:

I see lots of players near the big hubs. Remember the game only shows the closest 50 players , I think within 20 miles or so.so if there are 300 players online on SAME server in the area you will see only 50.

Away from big airports , it is random luck to see people since the world is s big place. Kind of narcissistic to think you will see many others in small airfield in the middle of nowhere. Everyone is focused on the hubs.

Not much different than world of Warcraft, if you think about it. Everyone is in the big cities but you can roam and barely see anyone.

Also realize when people pause, their plane disappear from the virtual world. Millions are pausing to go into settings and stuff at any given time. Then they take off, and go on an individual flight path.

Yeah, the “Oh it’s so much fun to crash into people driving the wrong way in NASCAR” crowd. Totally agree.

For me, I work, and, to top it off, it’s winter, so I’d always be flying at night. So my only choice is All Players if I want to fly when the sun is out. I do try to use Live weather, too, but, it’s so messed up right now, it’s not really worth it at the moment. I hope they can get it under control. FSX live weather, for me, worked great. This rev sounds way more complex and that’s probably its biggest weakness.

I got in today, and the sky and ATIS matched real weather perfectly. But as I sat on the ramp (I just bought the Mooney and I was going through all the systems, getting familiar with the cockpit), after 5 minutes or so, first the sky started clearing up, then the Altimeter went to 29.92, but ATIS was still saying the real live weather (and it matched real super well, down to wind and a variety of cloud levels), but, soon, after a few more times through, it had matched up to the clear skies. So I made it rain and took off and had a blast :wink:

Granted, I had changed the time, so, my bet is, the fact I wasn’t using actual time got it all confused and it didn’t know what to do. If it were me, I’d specify that if the time is changed but live weather is chosen, it should continue to match the weather at the current time, even though the time in the game is “wrong”. Some people might disagree, they might want the weather that was earlier in the day or predicted for tomorrow. Me, I like to keep it simple…