Where can I download SimConnect

Hi, can anyone point me to a site or link where I can find SimConnect? I just don’t get it.

6 Likes

It’s basically built into the software as it’s the official API for communication with external software. I don’t think you can download it.

If I remember correctly there have been downloads for FSX as the sim got abandoned at some point and some people updated SimConnect on their own.

Edit: only thing I can think of is that it gets updated via the SDK or something.

2 Likes

Sim-connect is available in the SDK which you can download from the ‘Developers’ tab within MSFS, if you have it enabled, (that’s how I understand it). Older versions of Sim-Connect can be found here
Download Simconnect | FsPassengers I have this version installed within MSFS 2020 because I use SimShaker for Aviators, (Buttkicker Gamer 2 which requires an older version). This version was intended for FSX but also works with MSFS 2020. It is installed via an executable and easily uninstalled using the usual uninstall method within Win 10. If you install SimConnect from the site I have given you a link to, it will not conflict or cause any problems with Sim-Connect installed via the SDK within MSFS 2020. BRGDS. Charles

5 Likes

Hi BleuCat,

Welcome to the forum, I am pleased you have already found one of your answers here.

Take care, BRGDS

Charles.

Does that mean I have to have developer mode enabled to use it? If not, how do I make it work or is it just automagically enabled and things just connect to it?

Can you explain what you are trying to do? How do you want to use it? Most of the time, it is not something that needs to be downloaded and installed. It is an API which is active when FS is running.

Based on the original question and the subsequent comment on developer mode, I there might be a better answer to your question if we knew more.

2 Likes

LittleNavMap requires SimConnect. (I am downloading it now)
According to this thread, SimConnect is part of the developer SDK
The developer SDK is only available for download via Developer mode.

Therefore:
Do I have to be in developer mode to use SDK features like SimConnect?

You do not. I use LNM all the time and did not need to do anything to special to get it to connect with FS. Are you running it on a separate machine?

1 Like

No, just following the advice of another user who mentioned that it was a Hot Smokin’ Weapon.

Any update from devs on the functionality of simconnect in MSFS? Looking to implement an external gauge software intended for fsx/p3d with msfs.

1 Like