Where is the A350?

This is what I’ve always thought, and I don’t see why a good quality 787 or A350 aren’t possible. They just have to do what the real one does when you press a button. How they do it behind the scenes is irrelevant. As long as they have access to real world type rated pilots who can assist, a group of passionate developers can make it. How it does what it does doesn’t matter, as long as it does it. Even a 90% approximation of a real plane is going to do a better job pretending to be a plane than I can do pretending to be a pilot, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Uuuh wow it would be an absolute dream come true: The Fenix A350 in four years.
Imagine flying it in VR…
Beyond epic.

The A350 is such a new aircraft it can and is quite hard to gather info to develop a proper one.

Yes this will indeed fulfill the standards and level of quality Fenix has set for this sim and we are used to fly now :slight_smile:
I never sit on my couch anyway so maybe I will get one of these on christmas and mount it´s hydraulic legs where the couch is standing right now - because waiting for a proper Fenix A350 would take too long anyway.

Also wondering. There was a great preview a few months ago then silence. I have this wild theory that maybe IniBuilds “aquired” the team and this is what their new long hauler is about?

The whole “missing docs” should be taken lightly. Very few MSFS Aircraft are study level so approximate numbers will work for most. I mean if they can do a 380 then 350 isnt that far off. Yes the old timers will complain but most of us will be happy with a proper cockpit and “airbus” feeling.

Just to be clear QW 787 for P3D was not a study level aircraft but rather was targeted towards beginner - intermediate level simmers. Even if they release 787 for MSFS at some point it won’t be study level as they have stated this countless times.

A study level A350 would be awesome however there is huge difference between A320/A330 and A350. Airbus have done a fantastic job with regards how they have implemented various systems on A350. The problem is as many have illustrated above, there isn’t enough data available to create study level A350.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if someone comes along and creates a proper study level A350.

As someone that enjoys high fidelity simulations, I’d say FF A350 for XP11/12 is very enjoyable. Yes, it lacks in some areas, but it certainly IS possible to create a decent A350 simulation. And yes, there is certainly room for improvement. If it was done on XP, no reason it can’t be done in MSFS.

1 Like

Totally agree. I know some grumpy users in some forums say different but 90% will not really know if the takeoff params arent up to scratch and they can be modified as they go anyway. The cockpit and cabin looked spectacular and will rival any payware on the market currently if they keep it up.

The whole study level is overrated. Only time you will get study level is if you actually study and sit in an actual simulator. Anything else is just approximates.
Aerosoft delivers pro solutions yet they get rapped on all the time here so doing something study level isnt a guarrantee :).

Also I don’t get what was so good about QW787. Crashed all the time for me. Bugged VNAV etc. MSFS has a better one for sure.

1 Like

Well said, i prefer to use the terms “high systems depth” or “low systems depth” etc it is more accurate and far less snobbish

1 Like

That explains your viewpoint. The QW787 is/was solid, rather than exceptional.

VNAV worked, the texturing was of a better quality than other long-haul airliners and it had some nice features such as a moving ground map on the ND, EFB, hud, jump-ahead feature (time and fuel use), and the passenger announcements to give a bit of life to the sim.

We’ve been spoilt by the quality of freeware airliners, but a payware 787 by a decent developer should easily surpass what currently exists. That’s because it would incorporate the entire 787 family, have better sounds, and likely include failures simulation.

Judging by their supportforums I was not alone in this. Btw, their support system was abysmal to say the least. I will never buy anything from Flight1 ever again.

It was no way near PMDG quality.

There already is a payware 787 and it is totally awful so that theory is what it is :).

You will find plenty of these threads. This 787 has not crashed even once.

Obviously if PMDG does a QW787 then it will be stellar but I hope the 777 is first in line. Or that 350 he talked about ;).

That’s a thread for someone who had CTDs with it in FSX. You may recall FSX had a fatal issue with VAS OOMs.

The other CTD issues in P3D were the TrueGlass and RealLight features (also used on other aircraft and also removable) that didn’t always play nicely with some people’s PCs.

Anyway, back onto MSFS, I said quality payware developer. Using 4Simmers to prove a point is like using CaptainSim–there’s just no point.

IMHO, 777 from PMDG in Q1 or Q2 next year, followed by the other length variant in Q3. 747-400 in Q4 at the earliest, -8i and 777X in 2025.

Perhaps the expanding dev team at PMDG can fit in a 787 before the end of 2024, but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone else looked at the PMDG production line and think, we can get our 787 out in that time.
I certainly expect a developer who isn’t PMDG to be making an A350.

I used p3d same problems there. I just picked a random thread out of hundreds.
So you got lucky? Great but it was and is far from bug free. Also try using that waypoint jump and see what happens :).

Yes so while we wait for PMDG. This is the best we got. Freeware 350 will be out before that.

‘Lucky’ on 2 out of 2 PC builds. No problems with jump ahead either.
Were you on an Intel CPU per chance? I had very few issues using first a Ryzen 1700X, then a 3800X CPU in P3D compared to others using Team Blue’s chips.

I’ll take any good freeware while waiting for a better payware version.
Sometimes the freeware is good enough (WBSim/JPLogistics C152) :crossed_fingers: FBW A380 and the DFD A350 will both be in the same category.

1 Like

Always Intel. That makes all the others work as they should :).

Make no mistake. The more Airliner Payware the better. Bring them on :).

Btw I have a theory. This is of course wild speculation but maybe this is the un-announced IniBuilds airliner? I mean, maybe they “bought” this team and integrated it into Inibuilds? What are the odds?

Here are some thoughts why there could be merit to this speculation: iniBuilds already worked on a 380 once. I know they are different but the jump isnt massive, they have some skills in building complex avoinics already for Airbus.

Any news ?

Does this count?