Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

5 Likes

Just need to correct you on your first sentence. “Not one of your favorite developers YET…”.

By the looks of your model, you are well on your way and I am extremely excited to see a Bronco come to the sim! Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

I don’t buy aircraft addons from the Marketplace that have the option of historically correct weopons included in their model. If I am confident that an aircraft addon (that has seen service with any nation’s military) will be continually supported and updated after release, and the addon offers a decent simulation of flying that specific aircraft type (Flight model, avionics, AND specifically AUDIO) - it is a day 1 release purchase either Direct, from Just Flight, or from Orbx.

This aircraft is on my list because:

• Superior visibility (to enjoy the MSFS World)
  • Wide “GA” flight envelope depending on load - 45 kts Stall speed / about 223 kts cruising speed (to stay in formation with C172 streamers, break off to explore, then be able catch and rejoin the group on the same flight leg) / ferry range 1200 nm / Climb rate about 3000 ft/min / Service ceiling about 30000 ft
  • The OV-10 was used by at least 1 country on every continent I believe (I typically like to fly in aircraft and liveries that are/were native or have operated in the area I’m flying.)
  • It has the possibility to be integrated into fire fighting operations in MSFS one day
  • Typically a stream gauge aircraft, but fully restored versions can have a GTN750 installed. I’d eventually like to have both cockpit options available in MSFS
    Classic Cockpit:
    https://media.defense.gov/2016/Sep/20/2001636961/1200/1200/0/160910-F-IO108-001.JPG
    Restored OV-10 Modernized Cockpit:
    https://www.ov10squadron.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/cockpit1-scaled.jpg
2 Likes

Pilatus PC-24
Single Pilot certified business jet that is designed for paved and unpaved short fields.
A jack of all trades. And a beauty.

4 Likes

The plane I’d like to see the most is the Avro Lancaster. I bet they’d really sell if they produced one.

2 Likes

BigRadials is working on a Norseman

1 Like

Cessna 408 SkyCourier, Dash 8

I not sure my plane will meet your reasonable but high demands from the get go, but I have to start somewhere. I am using exactly your image as a reference for my cockpit.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to flying your OV10A as soon as it’s available - thank you for adding to the MSFS experience and sharing your skills with the community. Very much appreciated.

2 Likes

One coming in 2024. WIP.

Thanks. Cat wait for that, who’s making it?

Aeroplane Heaven I believe

Graf Zeppelin, for nice and slow.

A fair few of my favorites have made it into the sim in the time this thread has been going. But if I had to say what’s actually at the top of my wishlist that nobody has tackled yet, it would be these two bush flying stalwarts from Cessna:

Regular wheels, tundra tires, and floats essential for both, steam gauges and not glass for the 206 of course.

8 Likes

A proper E145

3 Likes

Would be great to see someone take up the Lockheed Vega now that Wing42 seems to have disappeared into a black hole.

3 Likes

if you haven’t read this book I can’t recommend it highly enough…

The Vega, Sirius, Air Express, Orion all used essentially the same fuselage, wing and tail assemblies - just modified slightly or drastically for each variation.
This aircraft set and broke and set again almost every aeronautical record in the book for the first decade of its existence. The phrase ‘it takes a Lockheed to beat a Lockheed’ was coined during that reign.
I came across this tome when i was working on my Air Express project - the Roscoe Turner Gilmore Air Express.

I was taken by the idea of a plane this size being piloted from an open cockpit set so far back as to be in a different zipcode from the radial engine up front…

Roscoe and the Air Express

under construction

6 Likes

Piaggio Avanti II is coming to MS FS 2020. FlightFX Announces the Piaggio Avanti II for MSFS - FSElite

3 Likes

You might like to know that it’s been released now at the PILOT’S shop!

You might like to know that the B-314 has now been released at the PILOT’S store!