Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

So, what are the aircraft that you most hope third-party devs will make, and you’d be happy to pay for?

Here are a few of mine.

Viking Twin Otter (I know Aerosoft is making the classic DH version, but I really want the Viking version which is very widespread among small airlines)
De Havilland Beaver
Embraer EJet family
Mitsubishi SpaceJet (when it releases next year, of course not now)
Any Learjet
ATR 42/72
Dash-8 family
Saab 340

What are yours? Let’s give third-party devs some ideas :smiley:

PS: If you don’t want any third-party aircraft because you don’t like the sim, feel free to go post your complaints in one of the 87236727 posts about that.

PPS: If you want to talk airports for third-parties to make, you can do so here.

33 Likes

Propliner, either DC-6, Constellation, or B377, I’m not picky. Or why not something like a CV-240, not many of those made for flight simulators.

Early jetliner, B707, DC-8, DC-9-10/30, B727, B737-200, not too picky there either (DC-8 tho’, not many of those made for flight simulators either, I still remember when Dreamfleet were going to make one but it never got out).

Agree a Beaver would be awesome.

A fully featured G1000 to fit in the default G1000 equipped aircraft or addon GA planes; likely has to be made by integrating Garmin’s G1000 NXi trainer in the sim, same as developers did with the G500 and various GTN and GNS devices for FS2004/FSX/Prepar3d (writing code to replicate the functionality from scratch will take forever).

25 Likes

Pretty sure Asobo has said they want to expand the G1000 to fully featured as third-party devs are asking for that so that they don’t have to redo it themselves. :grin:

6 Likes

43 Likes

Yeah I think you are right, I heard that too, if they do that by trying to replicate it my “forever” comment applies… If they can strike a deal with Garmin and integrate the trainer they will have something amazing.

1. Cessna 337 Skymaster
  2. Cessna 177 Cardinal
  3. Cirrus SR22 Turbo

A study level P-51 Mustang would be great, and a B-17 so the Mustang would have something to do. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Skytractor IDEALLY WITH PONTOONS!

23 Likes

You win the prize for the first aircraft I actually never saw before haha.

4 Likes

SubSonex!

12 Likes

I’m a simple man. Just a study level A350 for me please :slight_smile:

43 Likes

Must have or the C-5 or C-130.Huge fan of those planes over the Airliners!

18 Likes

Antonov an-225 or the A380 will be interesting…

19 Likes

I’ll second the C-130… that would be great!

Having said that, an STOL turboprop like the Kodiak would be a nice addition.

29 Likes

C130 Hercules
C5 galaxy
Uh-1 huey

14 Likes

A DC-3. A properly-modelled one, not a ripped-off half-baked FSX conversion like the one that’s been going around.

A PBY amphibian. Or a Sikorsky S-38, Or a Supermarine Walrus. I’d even settle for a Grumman Duck if I didn’t have to look at it from outside. :wink:

A Glider. A proper sailplane, not one of those weird can’t-make-their-mind-up ‘motor-glider’ things. Though this is probably going to require work from Asobo to make it useful (thermals, glider tug functionality etc)

A good old-fashioned seat-of-your-pants helicopter of some sort would be good, but only if it had proper flight modelling (see the Huey in DCS for what I mean, though that has a turboshaft engine). If I had to pick a model, I’d go with the Bell 47, but as long as it has a piston engine, no fancy electronic assistance, and a distinct reluctance to do what I want it to do in the hover, I’m not too fussy. :grinning:

21 Likes

1: DC-3/C-47
2: Constellation
3: B-29 Superfortress

Yeah, you got it, I am a big Classic Prop fan.

20 Likes

I already made a list in another thread, but what i want to be able to do is to fly jets fast, high and pull G’s. Favorite is Hornet from DCSWorld so basically that at the top.

I want ODD aircraft that provides a challenge to fly, not 58 versions of Cessna 152/172 - enough already!

7 Likes

777 all the way

17 Likes

11 Likes

The Quicksilver Ultralight.

quicksilver

16 Likes