Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

Hi Mark, yes I agree with you, and any form of Gulfstream would satisfy me. I used to work in corporate aviation and the G4 was my favourite business jet, (working on so called up-lifts). It’s very elegant and the modern cockpits are very innovative. See the interesting video below! Unfortunately, I believe from the rumours that I have heard, Gulfstream will never allow a study level model of their aircraft for any flight simulator. I hope that’s not the truth. Just look at the gorgeous elegant aircraft landing at the beginning of this video. ‘Call to arms’, all of you that would like one of these aircraft for flight simulation, let your favourite aircraft simulator design team know! Welcome to the flight sim forum. :grinning: BRGDS. Charles

5 Likes

Cessna T206G. Soloy turbine

1 Like

Thanks for the link-I had seen this video and some others about the G500/600/700 series earlier and that’s what prompted my interest to see these aircraft including in FS 2020. It seems they all share the same cockpit design and control systems. I’m not a pilot, however, it seems that the new G series cockpits are a major technological move up, comparable to the move from the Apollo Command Module to the Crew Dragon spacecraft interior. I was surprised none of these new aircraft were included in FS.

I note that both the G4 and G550 were made available by third parties for the old FS X. These are free downloads so they are probably not endorsed or licensed by Gulfstream. It seem Cessna is happy to have their aircraft included in FS, so its not clear why Gulfstream would be reluctant.

1 Like

Mark, I found this link. if one digs deep into this subject, references can still be found about the reason surrounding the lack of Gulfstream aircraft for flight simulation through Google…

The impression that I get from all of this is, that Gulfstream see themselves as the Rolls Royce of corporate aircraft and fiercely defend their brand. I remember seeing Volks Wagen Beetles on the streets of Vancouver, the front of the cars had Rolls Royce grills and the bonnet was shaped like a Rolls bonnet. The cars disappeared from the streets. According to the story, Rolls Royce took action against this quirky modification. The fibreglass kits and ornamentation supplied to make the modification infringed the Rolls Royce front grill and ornamentation rights. I believe Rolls took action against the company that supplied the kits in the 80’s. And so I think it is too, in relation to the Gulfstream and flight simulator situation.

BRGDS. Charles

Car

MD-80, ATR-72, the. freaking. Concorde. I can dream for now. oO

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh yes, I’d love to see a Chipmunk, but expecially a Bulldog :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll add to this thread again and say I would love to see the Handley Page Victor. Such a cool looking aircraft.

3 Likes

I want my A2A planes. I have most of their fleet, but especially miss the V35B Bonanza

1 Like

Hmm, I know somebody will bring this at some point but sad note that it no longer exists in real life. I dont know if we ever got to see it at its full potential.

Boeing 767/777/737
Embraer ERJ-175/145
Bombardier CRJ-200

Not that I like these planes, but because some routes in the VA I’m using only uses them.

5 Likes

I’d like to see a Citation Mustang (C-510) with fully functional G1000 and cockpit. Great small jet from Cessna.

this sim was made for low and slow…helicopters, any…

I indeed saw in a video last night where the Aerostar is being worked on as we “speak”…

RIP Draco. Somebody needs to get cracking on Mike Patey’s next extreme bush plane, the cub with 500 hp and an airboat prop:

I want the Shark and the Advantic to complete the JMB VL-3 Rotax 915 in my sim :stuck_out_tongue:

Lockheed AC-130.
I NEED THAT.

2 Likes

`Yes, my fav in x-plane!

A2A’s V35B Bonanza, although I would settle for any of their very detailed GA aircraft.

1 Like
  1. 757
  2. 737
  3. 787
  4. Challenger 300/305
  5. Twin Otter
  6. 777
2 Likes