Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/freeware-announcement-study-level-freeware-a350-for-msfs/302786

7 Likes

It’s coming.

Late next year I imagine they’ll have a lot of the functionality out and usable and a lot of the bugs they’ll be introducing in the process worked out. The hooks are all there.

I’m so happy about this product, I’m having a blast, not to mention, I’m psyched that there are real technology demonstrator reasons that will keep MS invested in making this project succeed.

2 Likes

Please please please a piper cherokee 28 (A or B doesn’t matter)

Edit: just realized a 28B would be a Dakota… anyway, so a PA28A fixed gear please :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Totally agreed!

I’d even be happy with a PA-28-161. I owned a share in a 180 a long time ago (and may purchase another someday soon), but Warriors are pretty much my only choice for renting these days.

1 Like

The club where I rent have 2 161s… they may be slow-ish but get 5 1/2 hours endurance!
The 181 we have uses more fuel for only marginal increase in speed

The one to really make a difference is the DA40 with the same 181hp engine (but fuel injected rather than carburated). It takes the same fuel but on a much faster airframe

In short, I agree to not underestimate the hardy 161s, they are surprisingly good for what they can do (ok, payload is abysmal)

The PA28B 236 on the other hand is a different snimal altogether… the sound alone makes it so much better (as does the weight when you have a wheel stuck inna slight rut and only that rubbish tow bar at your disposal :rofl:)

1 Like

I would like a Klemm 25 to replicate historic flights, and a 767-300er for the all day airline service,medium and long range.

1 Like

Diamond DA50 RG.

7 Likes

TBM940 with properly modelled autothrottle please!

1 Like

Yes! An all-electric motor would be very interesting for how it behaves differently from the piston and turbine engines. :slight_smile: Plus the Pipistrel Velis Electro is a relative of the Virus SW-121 that’s already in the sim, so it might not be a complete work-from-scratch job…

Lets not get all partisan here.
ANY REASONABLY PRICED aircraft is potentially my favourite!

How are we not supposed to get all partisan about what’s “REASONABLY PRICED”???

:wink:

I’d rather argue about what plane I want than what price I’d pay for it!! :grin:
Whatchyou tryin’ to do to us?

I’m playing around with modifying the Flightdesign to behave like the velis electro. I don’t have the Virus SW, sadly. But it doesn’t help that I don’t know what I’m doing.

1 Like

Where are the real pilots at? Captain Sim’s 757, L1011, and the Mad Dog, without question. I’d also love to see the widebody twin jet that started it all…the A300B4. I haven’t flown her since Eric Cantu’s FS9 days.

2 Likes

I’d like to see the MD-11, and the Airbus A340-600. The MD-11 because I think it looks lovely and the A340 just to put SAA livery on it.

4 Likes

Are you suggesting I’m not a real pilot because I fly a Cherokee, and the pinnacle of flying for me would be in a Goose or a Corsair or an amphibious Beaver??

:wink:

1 Like

If you really wanna learn how to fly, Jetstream 31/32, no autopilot, very basic flight director (still working better than the current MSFS flight directors :upside_down_face:) only steam gauges. So far this has been the best description I have found for that turd:

“One of the most unstable, underpowered, thinnest winged, poorly heated / cooled, overused, noisy, continuously WAT limited, difficult to grease on the runway, 19 passenger planes ever built.”

And if it flies broken, it’s not because of Asobo for a change, it’s not broken, it’s British :joy:.

2 Likes

Beechcraft Starship.

Another enchanted creation made with the help of the wizard Burt Rutan. This plane was part of the default aircraft in a very old MSFS version. I only remember it was one of the DOS era versions and probably the only version I never owned :cry:

5 Likes

Piper Archer III
Piper Arrow III

Both with steam guages and dual Garmin GPS stack (one 530 and a 430.)

3 Likes

I would prefer the new Airbus A220.

1 Like

Wishlist, a bushplane with skiis - Twin Otter or C185 comes to mind
a bushplane with floats - Beaver, 185 or just add to existing like Caravan
a slow ultralite to fly low and slow
Micah’s (Micahflies on youtube) Enstom helicopter and a good turboshaft helicopter
Glider - any glider!!!

1 Like