Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

B737-800

pretty much the only one Im interested in

2 Likes

Ah yes, the ol’ Airtractor. At the FBO I worked at we had one that must have landed a crop sprayer contract for a few weeks as he called home our ramp. Really something to think of a crop sprayer but with a turbine to boot. Was wonderful to hear him start up. It was yellow and “all nose” as I recall. Nothing but engine. Ah, the smell of Jet-A burning.

Hmm…I’m gonna call my picks definitely as the Beaver for one that leaps to mind. I really miss those treks all through the big Alaskan wilderness. Nothing says Alaska like a big radial Beaver!

Next I’d love to try to pilot the iconic Connie Constellation. I think it’s one of the sexiest aircraft ever. Nothing looks like a Connie. I also am rather “old school” and love the steam guaged machines. Which leads me to my next pick…

…the DC-3. Good old taildragger. I worked on a volunteer crew restoring one as the C-47. She actually flew during the D-Day invasion too. I’ve got interior pics somewheres. The person who bought it was a FedEx driver who ran from AZ (well, that’s where his home was anyways) to AK. He retired while we were working on her and moved to Alaska then ended up selling her to a group based in the UK. Boy, was I bummed.

The one other I always thought was kinda cool was the now defunct Mitsubishi MU-2. Mmm…twin turboprops. I think most models were in the 650HP range with a cruise of just over 300 knots.

Fueling them was a bit of a heart stopper though. It had wing tip tanks. You had to set your ladder offset to the tank you were filling. You could only fill it with so many gallons of fuel per side before switching sides as to equalize the weight of the fuel load on the other wing. A bad situation could quickly develop if you surpassed the max fueling allowed!

The heart stopper for me was you’d be VERY CAREFULLY watching the meter on the Jet-A truck to reach that magic number buuuut…the wing would take so much extra weight before it suddenly decided to instantaneously drop about half a foot or more. It was those few seconds where it’d flash through your mind “Oh sh$t this things tipping over!” Ugh. Of course it never happened. I didn’t have the money to replace an MU-2 at the time. Or now for that matter. We didn’t get too many MU-2’s on our ramp back then, but I sure remember the temporary stress on the nerves they caused when it came to my job!

6 Likes

1.Cessna Turbo Stationair HD C206H
2.Cessna Turbo Stationair HD C206H
3.Cessna Turbo Stationair HD C206H

1 Like

Float Planes!!!

2 Likes

And a really well done one at that! Think Beaver, Beaver, Beaver…

3 Likes

Pilatus Turbo Porter. An amazing bush plane

6 Likes

Bell 206 B3 Jetranger
EC 130

1 Like

Saab 340
Dash 8
Atr 72
B73x
Fokker 70/100
Embraer 190

3 Likes

Yes! Forgot that as well! With all that power up front reminds me of the Airtractor I used to see. From the front looks a lot like the TBM.

This from Wiki…

“The PC-12 is the best-selling pressurized single-engine turbine-powered aircraft in the world and has been for several consecutive years, with 1,700 deliveries as of October 2019.”

I know that’s about the PC-12 but yes - can’t overlook the PC-6 for those STOL hops. Definately. Also can be float equipped…

The PC-12NGX introduced in October 2019…

5 Likes

Lots of really niche picks here!

Here’s my list:

1. 737 classic series
  2. Md-11
  3. A340

Needless to say, I also want the 737NG, but we all know that’s on the way :wink:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Gonna have to take additional training for the 737NG according to the FAA.

But in all seriousness, an MD-11…!

Throw in the MD-80 while you’re at it too.

Oh H-E- double toothpicks! Make one top notch study product with every aircraft listed here along with a few variants thrown in for good measure and I think most here would be happy. With the long term commitment, recent tweaks to the SDKand new devs jumping onboard if one really thinks about it it’s not entirely impossible over the years to come.

Of course aviation sim nuts though want everything NOW!!!

8 Likes

False. They want everything YESTERDAY!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Tell BlackBox Simulation that. That was my gist, that if you release shoddy work, it’s very difficult to shake that public perception. PMDG don’t need that kind of bad publicity. It won’t matter if their efforts are fixed down the road. People will say “BlackBox Simulations? Hey, aren’t they the developer that released that aircraft with octagonal cockpit instruments?”.

Note that in that case it was not a fault of the SDK, but rather the modelling, but the point stands about public perception. Trying to release a complex aircraft with an SDK that is still in active development isn’t such a good idea. Better to wait until the tools mature, as PMDG themselves have stated.

1 Like

C-130
C-17
B-52
KC-135 and other 707 airframe variants

4 Likes

L-1049G/H Super Connie Airline Version (take your time and do it right for this beauty)
C46
DHC-2 Beaver (with/without floats)
DHC-6 Twin Otter (with/without floats)
C-123 (without the Agent Orange option)
DC-8 and DC-8-61 (stretch model)
Airtractor (working model. i.e working the fields)

2 Likes

F-104C
DC-3
MD-500

Please and thank you.

PMDG is hardly representative of most third-party developers. There’s plenty more who are actively working on aircraft and more are announced every week.

1 Like

Lol…:+1:t2::+1:t2:…how true! Ah, we are a spoiled bunch.

Once MS pretty much reeled itself in from the sim market and the surge of console games came about I really felt things looked pretty bleak for any type of aviation sims, at least from the PC side anyways.

Now with everything from software and hardware revving up and particularly with the advent of VR now on the scene I’m so glad I was wrong in my vision for the future!

One can only imagine where things will go in ten years time. I know some of the devs at my favorite WW2 sim were talking how neat it would be to have interactive clickable cockpits inside the VR world. The pilot gloves will match all hand/finger inputs so you’d be reaching all around your desktop interacting with everything. I know the glove tech has been out for a while. Next step would be to integrate that into the cockpit world. As fast as things seem to be moving I wouldn’t be surprised if this has already been put through its paces.

Yes, I know it’s nothing like flying IRL but I also know for a fact I’ll never be able to get my PPL let alone a commercial license so I have to accept, at least for me, that indeed this is as real as it will get in my lifetime.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming…

2 Likes

Please pretty please… a Boeing 737-200 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes